Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Who WON the 2nd Presidential debate? **Poll**

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who do you think won the 2nd Presidential debate?

Options:

Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 495

View Results

What did you think of the debate? Who do you think won?
Share your thoughts in the replies below.

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Replies (51-60):
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Quoting AdellesMom:

Watch the frakin rose garden video!

He is referring to the events of sept 11th 2001 not Benghazi. He never called Benghazi an act of terror.
Lisa1273
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting sallys452001:

Funny. The same people expect to win the election solely on what you think Obama has done wrong. Like there is really some guarantee Romney will make things any better. I have not heard anything that I'd call a guarantee Romney will do any better at all. In fact from what I've heard he may turn things around to where they are worse than how Bush had it.

Look around, look at your checking account, look at tax relief, look at the job market, look at the deficit, unemployment, and honestly ask yourself "are we better off?".

Hell No! Obama's 4 years were a failure & it's time for him to go!

There's no disputing the past 4 years & the disaster they've been!

ROMNEY 2012!
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd bet on Romney... wink mini

Quoting SallyMJ:

I thought it was a RUMBLE. Obama and Romney were both very strong. If they were schoolboys, there would have been a fistfight. 

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting Radarma:

Romney was a "bully" Adellesmom? Are u serious?

Bully, lol.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, sweets, I read your comment. You said that you know who you're betting your future on, then stated that you support Romney. I feel that you're unable to see this objectively.

Failure is subjective. Romney was a big whopping failure--ask Massachusetts.

I have looked at the facts. You said that Romney won the debate because you support him. You haven't stated a fact--you stated an opinion. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Quoting Mandi1215:

Hahaha....Because you know me so well to say that I haven't looked at this objectively??  What in my statement says I haven't?  I have done my homework on both candidates, as I did in 2008.  Obama has no record of doing anything besides what he has done in the last four years, IMO he has failed, there for losing!   Romney on the other hand has a record of winning, LOOK IT UP!  And he is able to time and time again refer to the positive things he has done, unlike Obama who has not.  Because he doesn't have very much experience doing anything. 

So to look at it objectively I need to what?  Not look at the facts?  Go off a feeling, go off the smoke and mirrors that Obama uses to capture the American people?  No thanks, I am objective and I look at facts of what these two men have done.  Romney has obviously done more for his state, and for this country than Obama.  And that is a fact!

Quoting AdellesMom:

So, Romney won because he's your candidate?

Yet another person that fails to look at this objectively.

Quoting Mandi1215:

A record of winning.  A record of losing.  Hmmm, I know who I'm betting my future on.

Romney/Ryan!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deepthinker
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting AdellesMom:

I'll ask you the same question that I asked the other two posters. What do you think an act of terror is?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting AdellesMom:

No it's not the same! He didn't call the events in Libya a terrorist attack.

The called it a spontaneous event due to a freakin you tube video. This went on for 2 weeks.

I do find it funny that people don't see an 'act of terror' as equal to saying a 'terrorist act'. I mean come on, how childish and petty a person be.  LOL, I mean it's not even a play on words it just the words said in revers, LOL. act of terror...terrorist act, LOL.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting AdellesMom:

He was talking about the sept 11th 2001 attacks on the Anniv. Not Benghazi!!!
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Hmmm...I looked at my checking account about an hour ago. I have money, and lots of it, in my account. :)

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting sallys452001:

Funny. The same people expect to win the election solely on what you think Obama has done wrong. Like there is really some guarantee Romney will make things any better. I have not heard anything that I'd call a guarantee Romney will do any better at all. In fact from what I've heard he may turn things around to where they are worse than how Bush had it.

Look around, look at your checking account, look at tax relief, look at the job market, look at the deficit, unemployment, and honestly ask yourself "are we better off?".

ROMNEY 2012!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting sallys452001:

ROMNEY 2012!

You know... that is what this election is going to boil down to.  People can only go so far on promises.  Close examination of how the economy really is... is what going to drive Romney voters to the polls and Obama supporters (who are luke warm at best), to stay home.

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM
3 moms liked this
No, he wasn't.

Nice try.

This is what was said:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

You failed to answer the question.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting AdellesMom:

He was talking about the sept 11th 2001 attacks on the Anniv. Not Benghazi!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you mean an act of terrorism?

Sept 20 and 25 and 26...... "we are still investigating, we are still investigating, video......."  The man is a freakin' story teller that weaves his lies in order to swoon some of you to vote for him.  We lost an Ambassador!  Doesn't that matter to you?  The UN ambo Rice does not go on five Sunday shows without the WH blessing off on what she is to say.

As for your %^&& comment about the Intel community making a flub, please educate us. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

More deflection...

I'm not pulling an "Obama" on you.

You failed to answer my question. What do you think an act of terror is?

Obama released information as he was given information. The intelligence community made a flub and Obama had to take the rap for it.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lololol.... You can't pull an "Obama" on me.  Obama had the chance during this Rose Garden comments to say what it was.  Why do you think "he" allowed his UN Ambo to go on 4-6 shows within five days and tell everyone that the attacks were due to a video?  Why do you think that he spoke at the UN and talked about the video.  When asked about on the View....what did he say?  Come on, you are smarter than this......

Quoting AdellesMom:

I did.

"No act of terror..."

A terrorist attack. What do you think an act of terror is?

My goodness. The anti-Obama camp will never give Obama any credit. Good grief.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

No ----he---- did----- not.  He did not say that was a terrorist attack.  He spun his words.  Look at the phrase that he used.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Ahhhh...deflection.

Obama didn't lie about Libya. He called the attack a terroist attack the day after in the Rose Garden.

Romney got called on it too.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

lolol....We did.  Read the last part of the transcript. He freakin' lied.  Also, why is it that he went to the UN and mentioned the video 6 times during his speech?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Obama didn't lie about Libya.

Read the transcripts.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

True but he did not have much substance.  He spun and did not offer much.  He's a man of many words but not much on the action side of the house. Romney has the experience and the record to back his success.   Obama lied tonight about Libya...........

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

I agree.  Obama was definitely more on his game tonight though.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Romney won on substance and presenting his plan for the future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)