Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

FINAL 2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 22: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

It's the final showdown!                        

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The 3rd Presidential Debate was held October 22nd at 9 p.m. ET in Boca Raton, Florida. The candidates focused on Foreign Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts with us right here!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (901-910):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course they will. We are the buggest consumers in the world.

Quoting PINKmyfavcolor:

Ahh, there it is - he wants to call China a currency manipulator but yet work with them. I'm sure the Chinese will be so amenable to trading with us after such an insult.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyTwice0411
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I love how obama supporters look at things. When Obama was clearly clueless during the first debate, you said he was polite and shocked at what was coming out of Romney's mouth and that Romney was rude because he was aggressive. Last night, Romney was very calm and collective and very presidential and Obama was rude and aggressive and you got a taste of his bad temper but you say we need that in a president. So really, no matter what he says or how he acts, for some crazy reason you will still vote for him. I am so glad there are tons of people off CM that are catching on to obama's lies. I think people on CM are just hopeless and stuck on the opinions of the mainstream media. Also, I love how Obama talks about the policies that got us into this mess like he wasn't the president for the last 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugist
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

----you have to listen to what your hearing----he said the money that is given to them needs to be governed so that it does what it was intended to do---not go to our enemies.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Did Romney seriously just say that giving the Middle East more foreign aid money would help?

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

One, more economic development. We should key our foreign aid, our direct foreign investment and that of our friends — we should coordinate it to make sure that we — we push back and give them more economic development.

Quoting ladybugist:

----you have to listen to what your hearing----he said the money that is given to them needs to be governed so that it does was it was intended to do---not go to our enemies.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Did Romney seriously just say that giving the Middle East more foreign aid money would help?

JenMarie87
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM

What do you think Romney does?! He is so full of shit it's pathetic!

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Obama couldn't get the foot out of his mouth the whole time. Anyone that can "look" the American people in the eye and lie lie lie, is an evil person.

Quoting JenMarie87:

"We can not kill our way out of it." But what is Romney's strategy? "Kill them, get them out of the picture." Lmao. Talk about someone putting their foot in their mouth! Wasn't Obama!

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Can't wait to see Obama put his foot in his mouth again! It's going to be great! :)

baby

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

MommyTwice0411
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok, well that's the way you feel. Me and millions of others feel differently. I've given up on CM and politics. Obama supporters are hopeless. Whose policies have we been under for the past 4 years and where is this country now? Seriously think about it.

Quoting JenMarie87:

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Obama couldn't get the foot out of his mouth the whole time. Anyone that can "look" the American people in the eye and lie lie lie, is an evil person.

Quoting JenMarie87:

"We can not kill our way out of it." But what is Romney's strategy? "Kill them, get them out of the picture." Lmao. Talk about someone putting their foot in their mouth! Wasn't Obama!

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Can't wait to see Obama put his foot in his mouth again! It's going to be great! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie87
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I know. I get what you're saying. Obama hasn't done the greatest job... but I honestly feel like if Romney is elected, he will just make things worse.

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Ok, well that's the way you feel. Me and millions of others feel differently. I've given up on CM and politics. Obama supporters are hopeless. Whose policies have we been under for the past 4 years and where is this country now? Seriously think about it.

Quoting JenMarie87:

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Quoting JenMarie87:

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

baby

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We are both entitled to our opinions.  You simply repeat the same old tired rhetoric of the far left liberals, and there is no point continuing with this argument about starting wars.  Since you do not believe in the same things I do, you can't possibly understand.  And, I have no desire to live in your world.  Have a great day!

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. The war in Afganistan was because if the terror attacks. Both are a war on terrorist. You're telling me that you don't remember the "weapons of mass destruction" lie that Bush came up with? Did you not notice that I mentioned WMD?As for Vietnam, the point is that we should've minded our own business. This conversation has nothing to do with WWI or WWII. You are the one that mentioned wars.  Both WWI and WWII are very much a part of the conversation, as they are wars the U.S. has been involved in.  

America has started wars: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2002/10/does_the_united_statesstart_wars.single.html
Slate.com is a liberal web site, owned by Washington Post. 

No. Our enemies aren't the only ones that hate us. There are people in countries that are supposed to be our allies that do indeed hate us.

As for the rest, you do indeed sound like a tried and true Republican. Thank you. SMH

I am not speaking as if democracy is a bad thing. I am saying that sticking our nose where it doesn't belong is a bad thing. Your stance is the problem that many foreigners have with America. America is percieved as an arrogant and proddingly disrespectful nation. Your stance doesn't help that image at all. America is NOT the savior of the world. It's time for people in America to realize that.

I am not a Christian, I do not care about your bible. However, you are correct that the bible does say that. However, your interpretation of that is incorrect in relation to this topic, IMO. 

BTW: Helping those in need is totally different than sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.

Quoting Lacey14:

We did not start the war in Vietnam.  We came to the aid of South Vietnam and entered the war.  As far as Iraq, we were first attacked by terrorist and retaliated against Al Qaeda.  There were no WMD, but there were terrorists.  In WWI, we entered into a war that was already in progress, to assist our allies.  In WWII, we were attacked first and fought back.

The only ones hating us, are our enemies.  You speak as though democracy is a bad thing.  You would rather we do nothing while tyrants and dictators kill people?  How humanitarian would that be to just turn our backs on people in need?  America has done a lot of good for a lot of people around the world, and you speak as though we are the tyrants.  There is a passage in the Bible that says, to whom much is given, much is expected.  We have wealth and resources and it is our duty to help those in need.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

Where have you been? Have you not read history books? America doesn't start wars? America doesn't dictate to other countries? Really? History disagrees with you. People in other countries disagree with you.

Yes, America has dictated how things should go in other countries. Why else is America tagged for sticking its nose where it doesn't belong? Why is America tagged for going into other countries, starting a war, and trying to bring in democracy? Does Vietnam not ring a bell to you? What about Iraq? There were no weapons of mass destruction, and I have heard some republicans parade around and say "we brought democracy to Iraq."

No, I'm not anti-American. That assertion of yours is erroneous and possibly illogical. I don't need to relocate. I'm perfectly happy where I am thank you so very much.

Quoting Lacey14:

Are you really so anti-American?  America does not start wars.  America does not dictate to other countries.  If we did, they would all do as we say without question, and that just doesn't happen.  What country would you rather live in?  Maybe you need to relocate, so you will be happy.

Quoting AdellesMom:

The people in those countries would most certainly disagree with Romney.

America most certainly has dictated the way other countries should live. I mean, America starts war(s) in order to thrust and push other countries into a government similar to ours. You don't consider that dictation?

Quoting Lacey14:

Yes, O got really smeared in the first election.  He was mentally absent.  But in tonights debate, Mitt Romney was very much Commander in Chief.  Obama was nervous, and he was leaning forward and showed desperation in trying to catch Romney on something, which means O was on the defense.  Romney was confident, commandanding and kept control of the debate, so as to lead it where he wanted it to go.   Romney made several great talking points.  One that comes immediatly to mind, was when he said America does not dictate.  I will have to watch the debate again and take notes, so I can list some of the great points he made.  Here is the quote I just found. 

“Mr. President, America Has Not Dictated to Other Nations; We Have Freed Other Nations From Dictators”

Quoting lnicole:

Quoting Lacey14:

Romney did exactly as he should tonight.  He showed the American public that he can be agreeable, and does not always have to have his way every time.  He can be level headed when needed, and he didn't resort to sarcasm as Obama did regarding the horses and bayonets.  The American Naval fleet is not a good comparison to horses and bayonets, and that was just snarky.  Romney became the bigger man and made an executive decision to let Obama slide on several points where he did not need to dominate.  Some have seen Romeny's war-like behavior and might worry if he is just a hot-head.  I think now, we can see that he will handle each occasion in an appropriate manner.

Uhhhh no. Let's call a spade a spade. Obama got killed in the first debate bc he clearly wasn't prepared for what Romneys new stances and it was on the economy which is definitely not strong right now. So that was a good debate for Romney....

This debate, Romney wasn't being levelheaded he didn't know what the hell he was talking about so he kept talking about his same ole talking points. He was clearly confused about the foreign policy and agreed with most of what Obama was doing BC either a. He agrees which would mean president o is doing a good job or b. he doesn't know what enough about foreign policy to come up with his own plan.

The things that kill me about most republicans not all but most, they live in a bubble where they only see things the way the want to see them. Blindly support their candidate without any reservations. When Obama was not good at the first debate, we admitted it but you will never do the same. He gave Romey this chance, had he shown up at the first like he did to these last two we wouldn't even be discussing this now.

MommyTwice0411
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't feel that way. I think Romney has a very intelligent plan to get our country back on track. Obama clearly wants us to head down the same road we've been for the past 4 years. My husband works his butt off and we still have trouble with being able to afford our necessities. Romney is a business man and he knows what it takes to be successful. Being successful is not taking from the rich and giving to the poor like Obama wants to do. It just doesn't work like that.

Quoting JenMarie87:

I know. I get what you're saying. Obama hasn't done the greatest job... but I honestly feel like if Romney is elected, he will just make things worse.

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Quoting JenMarie87:

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

Quoting JenMarie87:

Quoting MommyTwice0411:

AdellesMom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM
What the hell? Spoken like someone that clearly cannot substantiate their claims. So, what do you do? You make a personal attack and dip out like a thug running from the cops. Smh

I think that you should look in the mirror. I don't repeat the rhetoric of far left liberals--I'm NOT a far left liberal. However, I am a liberal. Do you not realize that you're simply repeating the rhetoric of Conservatives and Republicans alike? It's the pot calling the kettle black.

I can understand where you're coming from more than what you realize. I'm happily married to a Republican. :-) You shouldn't assume so much. It's not good to assume a lot. It's sad that you don't want to live in the "real world." My world is the real world...

Anyhow, I noticed that you mentioned WMD after I posted the response. However, my point was that the war in Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. WWI & WWII have nothing to do with the conversation. This discussion isn't about wars that the US were justified with in their participation. This conversation is about wars that the US were likely not justified to be in, and wars the US started.

So, you won't check out the link? That says a lot about your mentality, and not in a good way.

That wasn't a compliment...LOL

You have a great day too. :)

Quoting Lacey14:

We are both entitled to our opinions.  You simply repeat the same old tired rhetoric of the far left liberals, and there is no point continuing with this argument about starting wars.  Since you do not believe in the same things I do, you can't possibly understand.  And, I have no desire to live in your world.  Have a great day!

Quoting AdellesMom:

No. The war in Afganistan was because if the terror attacks. Both are a war on terrorist. You're telling me that you don't remember the "weapons of mass destruction" lie that Bush came up with? Did you not notice that I mentioned WMD?As for Vietnam, the point is that we should've minded our own business. This conversation has nothing to do with WWI or WWII. You are the one that mentioned wars.  Both WWI and WWII are very much a part of the conversation, as they are wars the U.S. has been involved in.  

America has started wars: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2002/10/does_the_united_statesstart_wars.single.html

Slate.com is a liberal web site, owned by Washington Post. 

No. Our enemies aren't the only ones that hate us. There are people in countries that are supposed to be our allies that do indeed hate us.

As for the rest, you do indeed sound like a tried and true Republican.
Thank you. SMH

I am not speaking as if democracy is a bad thing. I am saying that sticking our nose where it doesn't belong is a bad thing. Your stance is the problem that many foreigners have with America. America is percieved as an arrogant and proddingly disrespectful nation. Your stance doesn't help that image at all. America is NOT the savior of the world. It's time for people in America to realize that.

I am not a Christian, I do not care about your bible. However, you are correct that the bible does say that. However, your interpretation of that is incorrect in relation to this topic, IMO. 

BTW: Helping those in need is totally different than sticking our nose where it doesn't belong.

Quoting Lacey14:

We did not start the war in Vietnam.  We came to the aid of South Vietnam and entered the war.  As far as Iraq, we were first attacked by terrorist and retaliated against Al Qaeda.  There were no WMD, but there were terrorists.  In WWI, we entered into a war that was already in progress, to assist our allies.  In WWII, we were attacked first and fought back.

The only ones hating us, are our enemies.  You speak as though democracy is a bad thing.  You would rather we do nothing while tyrants and dictators kill people?  How humanitarian would that be to just turn our backs on people in need?  America has done a lot of good for a lot of people around the world, and you speak as though we are the tyrants.  There is a passage in the Bible that says, to whom much is given, much is expected.  We have wealth and resources and it is our duty to help those in need.  

Quoting AdellesMom:

Where have you been? Have you not read history books? America doesn't start wars? America doesn't dictate to other countries? Really? History disagrees with you. People in other countries disagree with you.

Yes, America has dictated how things should go in other countries. Why else is America tagged for sticking its nose where it doesn't belong? Why is America tagged for going into other countries, starting a war, and trying to bring in democracy? Does Vietnam not ring a bell to you? What about Iraq? There were no weapons of mass destruction, and I have heard some republicans parade around and say "we brought democracy to Iraq."

No, I'm not anti-American. That assertion of yours is erroneous and possibly illogical. I don't need to relocate. I'm perfectly happy where I am thank you so very much.

Quoting Lacey14:

Are you really so anti-American?  America does not start wars.  America does not dictate to other countries.  If we did, they would all do as we say without question, and that just doesn't happen.  What country would you rather live in?  Maybe you need to relocate, so you will be happy.

Quoting AdellesMom:

The people in those countries would most certainly disagree with Romney.

America most certainly has dictated the way other countries should live. I mean, America starts war(s) in order to thrust and push other countries into a government similar to ours. You don't consider that dictation?

Quoting Lacey14:

Yes, O got really smeared in the first election.  He was mentally absent.  But in tonights debate, Mitt Romney was very much Commander in Chief.  Obama was nervous, and he was leaning forward and showed desperation in trying to catch Romney on something, which means O was on the defense.  Romney was confident, commandanding and kept control of the debate, so as to lead it where he wanted it to go.   Romney made several great talking points.  One that comes immediatly to mind, was when he said America does not dictate.  I will have to watch the debate again and take notes, so I can list some of the great points he made.  Here is the quote I just found. 

“Mr. President, America Has Not Dictated to Other Nations; We Have Freed Other Nations From Dictators”

Quoting lnicole:

Quoting Lacey14:

Romney did exactly as he should tonight.  He showed the American public that he can be agreeable, and does not always have to have his way every time.  He can be level headed when needed, and he didn't resort to sarcasm as Obama did regarding the horses and bayonets.  The American Naval fleet is not a good comparison to horses and bayonets, and that was just snarky.  Romney became the bigger man and made an executive decision to let Obama slide on several points where he did not need to dominate.  Some have seen Romeny's war-like behavior and might worry if he is just a hot-head.  I think now, we can see that he will handle each occasion in an appropriate manner.

Uhhhh no. Let's call a spade a spade. Obama got killed in the first debate bc he clearly wasn't prepared for what Romneys new stances and it was on the economy which is definitely not strong right now. So that was a good debate for Romney....

This debate, Romney wasn't being levelheaded he didn't know what the hell he was talking about so he kept talking about his same ole talking points. He was clearly confused about the foreign policy and agreed with most of what Obama was doing BC either a. He agrees which would mean president o is doing a good job or b. he doesn't know what enough about foreign policy to come up with his own plan.

The things that kill me about most republicans not all but most, they live in a bubble where they only see things the way the want to see them. Blindly support their candidate without any reservations. When Obama was not good at the first debate, we admitted it but you will never do the same. He gave Romey this chance, had he shown up at the first like he did to these last two we wouldn't even be discussing this now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN