Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

FINAL 2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 22: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

It's the final showdown!                        

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The 3rd Presidential Debate was held October 22nd at 9 p.m. ET in Boca Raton, Florida. The candidates focused on Foreign Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts with us right here!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (921-930):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quoting AdellesMom:

oh well, thanks for the bump
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM
LOL!

This isn't your post sweets.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting AdellesMom:

oh well, thanks for the bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Thank you! :-)

Quoting lnicole:

Adellesmom thinks your responses are very informed.  I enjoy reading your post. 

Quoting AdellesMom:

What's with your obsession over me? ~

I've been doing research, and the stance is that Russia is neither a threat or an ally right now.

Quoting Carpy:

Why don't you do some reseach on Russia's vote history with the UN and whule you're at it, the role they played with the Oik for Food scandal and the current situation with the ME, primarily Syria and Iran.

Quoting AdellesMom:

I asked you a question about Russia, and you NEVER answered it. I believe that you ignored that quote. Not surprising, and it says a lot about you.

Russia is neither a threat or an ally. I hit up Google at that point in the debate. So, I'll stick with that.

What I stated isn't BS. You do know what happens when America forces its way into another country, and begins to force their ways onto another nation, don't you? It almost always ends in war. Why do you think America is one of the most hated countries in the world?

America needs to understand that our way of life should NOT be imposed on others no matter how badly we may feel for them.

What I stated isn't BS, it's simply my opinion. You obviously disagree. You support Romney, and you're obviously blind to a few of his stances and flip flops. That's fine, it doesn't matter to me.

I know that Romney said that he doesn't want to go to war. However, his talking points state otherwise. That's the point.

If Obama said what Romney said last night, my stance would be the same. Try again.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

First Russia now the war BS.  Seriously, do you really have your blinders on or you just make up things to stir the pot?  Romney stated over and over and over he does not want to go to war or put boots on the ground.  Is that too hard for you to understand.  I am sure if Obama said that same statement you would be saying the opposite.....

Quoting AdellesMom:

Really? lol

Romney wants to start another war. At least, that what it sounded like last night. America needs to stop putting its nose where it isn't wanted or needed. Why do you think people that live outside of America hate us so much?

Romney will not be a peacekeeper, and he certainly will not turn our economy around. Our economy won't get better until the global economy gets better.

Quoting Lacey14:

Obama was talking about Romney flip-flopping, but he was referring to foreign policies and situations in the middle east over the past 5 years or so.  They way things are so volatile over there and change rapidly, they all change strategies and alter their ideas of what is needed per each situation.  What one might have  said or voted for 5 years ago, isn't necessarily where they stand today.

Obama is bragging about pulling all the troops out of Iraq, but the truth is, he fought hard to keep troops there longer.  Congress wouldn't let him.  So now, he is spinning that into a win.

We need Romney in office to turn our country around both financially, and as a strong nation and peacekeeper.

Quoting Nay25:

Well so far I've watched all the debates except for this last one and I don't really know what to think r who to vote for I'm really unsure an undecided. I think they both answered so many ?'s quick an good but they also both ad there moments where they didn't do good an just flip flopped some of there answers. And it's true Obama hasnt change nearly enough cause we still all struggling but at the Same time we don't know what Romney will get In there an do either it might be another four yrs wasted but maybe anything will be better then what were all having to go through now. Im mean the dam prices r just outrageous. So yeah I'm still undecided about who ima vote for. Do any of y'all no who y'all r gonna vote for?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH; 

When the largest Newspaper in the most populous Mormon state, (who knows Mitt Romney), endorses HIS opponent, a black, liberal president,the people of America should sit up and take notice. Forget the nonsense of who you THINK has a better policy, or track record, or vision. Think about people who know and understand character. This newspaper has opined that they do not believe a BISHOP of the Church of LDS is, after his testimony in front of America, worthy of being your President. Add in the fact that that after being governor of Massachusetts for one term, the people of Massachusetts fired him, and he also lost the senate race, and is 20 percentage points behind Obama in the Massachusetts Presidential polling. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW MITT ROMNEY BEST, and THEY say he is not worthy of your vote.  Aren't these the kind of things that should make you stop and say "Hmmmm"?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Quoting butlerro1013:

When the largest Newspaper in the most populous Mormon state, (who knows Mitt Romney), endorses HIS opponent, a black, liberal president,the people of America should sit up and take notice. Forget the nonsense of who you THINK has a better policy, or track record, or vision. Think about people who know and understand character. This newspaper has opined that they do not believe a BISHOP of the Church of LDS is, after his testimony in front of America, worthy of being your President. Add in the fact that that after being governor of Massachusetts for one term, the people of Massachusetts fired him, and he also lost the senate race, and is 20 percentage points behind Obama in the Massachusetts Presidential polling. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW MITT ROMNEY BEST, and THEY say he is not worthy of your vote.  Aren't these the kind of things that should make you stop and say "Hmmmm"?

What do you mean?
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quoting AdellesMom:

thanks for the bump
butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I'm saying that people in the one state where he has served an official capacity and another state that is basically full of people who share his faith and claim him as a native son (and thus you think would endorse him publically) do not want him to be POTUS.  I think this should make people stop and think about if he's the best choice, that's all.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting butlerro1013:

What do you mean?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting butlerro1013:

Wow,

I don't know if you can stress that enough!

butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM

You know, the group of people he has governed did not want him for a second term and they now don't want him as POTUS.  To me, that speaks volumes about the kind of leader he would be.  I come from a conservative state, Indiana, and we've had a conservative Gov. over the past 8 years (that yes, I voted for in the last election), and I think the guy has done a bang up job as Gov.  I would want him to be a Senator or even consider him for POTUS.  The fact that the people of MA have said no to Mitt should give people pause.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting butlerro1013:

Wow,

I don't know if you can stress that enough!

Necie72
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I just hope all the Romney supporters here are millionaires because they'll be kicking themselves if he actually wins...  Which, I don't think will happen...  It was obvious during the debate that he knows NOTHING about foreign policy...  He agreed with President Obama so much because he doesn't have a CLUE otherwise...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)