Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

FINAL 2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 22: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

It's the final showdown!                        

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The 3rd Presidential Debate was held October 22nd at 9 p.m. ET in Boca Raton, Florida. The candidates focused on Foreign Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts with us right here!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (931-940):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Quoting butlerro1013:

The people of Ma are like full blown Communists would you really expect them to pick anyone over Barack Obama?
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Quoting Necie72:

I just hope all the Romney supporters here are millionaires because they'll be kicking themselves if he actually wins...  Which, I don't think will happen...  It was obvious during the debate that he knows NOTHING about foreign policy...  He agreed with President Obama so much because he doesn't have a CLUE otherwise...

he has already won, it's over, it's been over.
butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

They're communists?!?!!?!?  OMG!?!?!?!?!!?  Do you think they knew they were communists when he was democratically elected their Governor as a Republican? Wow...that erases any valid point I may have been making.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting butlerro1013:

The people of Ma are like full blown Communists would you really expect them to pick anyone over Barack Obama?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quoting butlerro1013:

He wasn't running against a half black fellow Communist then.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

May I be the first one to suggest Russia. ;  )  Just jokin'......

Quoting Lacey14:

Are you really so anti-American?  America does not start wars.  America does not dictate to other countries.  If we did, they would all do as we say without question, and that just doesn't happen.  What country would you rather live in?  Maybe you need to relocate, so you will be happy.

Quoting AdellesMom:

The people in those countries would most certainly disagree with Romney.

America most certainly has dictated the way other countries should live. I mean, America starts war(s) in order to thrust and push other countries into a government similar to ours. You don't consider that dictation?

Quoting Lacey14:

Yes, O got really smeared in the first election.  He was mentally absent.  But in tonights debate, Mitt Romney was very much Commander in Chief.  Obama was nervous, and he was leaning forward and showed desperation in trying to catch Romney on something, which means O was on the defense.  Romney was confident, commandanding and kept control of the debate, so as to lead it where he wanted it to go.   Romney made several great talking points.  One that comes immediatly to mind, was when he said America does not dictate.  I will have to watch the debate again and take notes, so I can list some of the great points he made.  Here is the quote I just found. 

“Mr. President, America Has Not Dictated to Other Nations; We Have Freed Other Nations From Dictators”

Quoting lnicole:

Quoting Lacey14:

Romney did exactly as he should tonight.  He showed the American public that he can be agreeable, and does not always have to have his way every time.  He can be level headed when needed, and he didn't resort to sarcasm as Obama did regarding the horses and bayonets.  The American Naval fleet is not a good comparison to horses and bayonets, and that was just snarky.  Romney became the bigger man and made an executive decision to let Obama slide on several points where he did not need to dominate.  Some have seen Romeny's war-like behavior and might worry if he is just a hot-head.  I think now, we can see that he will handle each occasion in an appropriate manner.

Uhhhh no. Let's call a spade a spade. Obama got killed in the first debate bc he clearly wasn't prepared for what Romneys new stances and it was on the economy which is definitely not strong right now. So that was a good debate for Romney....

This debate, Romney wasn't being levelheaded he didn't know what the hell he was talking about so he kept talking about his same ole talking points. He was clearly confused about the foreign policy and agreed with most of what Obama was doing BC either a. He agrees which would mean president o is doing a good job or b. he doesn't know what enough about foreign policy to come up with his own plan.

The things that kill me about most republicans not all but most, they live in a bubble where they only see things the way the want to see them. Blindly support their candidate without any reservations. When Obama was not good at the first debate, we admitted it but you will never do the same. He gave Romey this chance, had he shown up at the first like he did to these last two we wouldn't even be discussing this now.

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM

What?

Quoting ladybugist:

-----your a real crack  up the old----oh forgive me I forgot my place.

Quoting LucyMom08:

One, more economic development. We should key our foreign aid, our direct foreign investment and that of our friends — we should coordinate it to make sure that we — we push back and give them more economic development.

Quoting ladybugist:

----you have to listen to what your hearing----he said the money that is given to them needs to be governed so that it does was it was intended to do---not go to our enemies.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Did Romney seriously just say that giving the Middle East more foreign aid money would help?

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Just because the people who own the newspaper know Romney, it doesn't mean they agree with his policies.  They are probably liberals, simply endorsing a liberal for president.  What the heck does his religion have to do with his being worthy of being president?  Massachusetts is known as a liberal state.  It is remarkable that he ever won the governorship there in the first place.  So what you are saying, is that a liberal newspaper, which also happens to not like the LDS, or religion in general, and a liberal state, don't endorse Romney.  OK.

Quoting butlerro1013:

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH; 

When the largest Newspaper in the most populous Mormon state, (who knows Mitt Romney), endorses HIS opponent, a black, liberal president,the people of America should sit up and take notice. Forget the nonsense of who you THINK has a better policy, or track record, or vision. Think about people who know and understand character. This newspaper has opined that they do not believe a BISHOP of the Church of LDS is, after his testimony in front of America, worthy of being your President. Add in the fact that that after being governor of Massachusetts for one term, the people of Massachusetts fired him, and he also lost the senate race, and is 20 percentage points behind Obama in the Massachusetts Presidential polling. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW MITT ROMNEY BEST, and THEY say he is not worthy of your vote.  Aren't these the kind of things that should make you stop and say "Hmmmm"?

Lacey14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

So let me re-cap what you are saying.  Red Romney lost out on a second term in a blue state.  You say, that shows what kind of leader he is.  You live in a red state that has a red governor, and you believe that is proof of why a blue state didn't elect Romney for a second term.  Ok, you've lost me on this one.

confused

Quoting butlerro1013:

You know, the group of people he has governed did not want him for a second term and they now don't want him as POTUS.  To me, that speaks volumes about the kind of leader he would be.  I come from a conservative state, Indiana, and we've had a conservative Gov. over the past 8 years (that yes, I voted for in the last election), and I think the guy has done a bang up job as Gov.  I would want him to be a Senator or even consider him for POTUS.  The fact that the people of MA have said no to Mitt should give people pause.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting butlerro1013:

Wow,

I don't know if you can stress that enough!

jacquih1126
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM

REALLY? Who gives a crap about some "focus group" that was hand-chosen? People have been voting in Ohio for quite some time now........nothing is over.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Did you watch it with the sound and picture off, or just the sound?

I ask because, most of the focus groups, especially in the swing states like Ohio, say that they are more likely to vote for Romney now than before.

It is over btw, not really even going to be close.

Quoting jacquih1126:

He agreed with Obama on nearly every point and basically was happy with the job that Obama has done. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting jacquih1126:

So proud of my President. He literally had Romney wanting to vote for him, too. 

What makes you believe that?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Sleep well

Quoting jacquih1126:

REALLY? Who gives a crap about some "focus group" that was hand-chosen? People have been voting in Ohio for quite some time now........nothing is over.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Did you watch it with the sound and picture off, or just the sound?

I ask because, most of the focus groups, especially in the swing states like Ohio, say that they are more likely to vote for Romney now than before.

It is over btw, not really even going to be close.

Quoting jacquih1126:

He agreed with Obama on nearly every point and basically was happy with the job that Obama has done. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting jacquih1126:

So proud of my President. He literally had Romney wanting to vote for him, too. 

What makes you believe that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)