Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

FINAL 2012 Presidential Debate Oct. 22: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us! (VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

It's the final showdown!                        

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney

The 3rd Presidential Debate was held October 22nd at 9 p.m. ET in Boca Raton, Florida. The candidates focused on Foreign Policy.

patriotic                

Watch it and share your thoughts with us right here!

The debate aired live on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, all cable news channels including CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and via live stream at: 2012PresidentialElectionNews.com

votingReply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind!

And don't miss out on your chance to WIN a $25 gift card:
GIVEAWAY and POLL: Obama or Romney? Win a $25 gift card!!

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (941-942):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I do think that those of us that are wonks on this stuff forget that some of these people pay attention only during the commercial breaks during American Idol or read their Media Matters email.

(no offense you all, not everyone is as interested in Politics as others.)

Quoting Lacey14:

So let me re-cap what you are saying.  Red Romney lost out on a second term in a blue state.  You say, that shows what kind of leader he is.  You live in a red state that has a red governor, and you believe that is proof of why a blue state didn't elect Romney for a second term.  Ok, you've lost me on this one.

confused

Quoting butlerro1013:

You know, the group of people he has governed did not want him for a second term and they now don't want him as POTUS.  To me, that speaks volumes about the kind of leader he would be.  I come from a conservative state, Indiana, and we've had a conservative Gov. over the past 8 years (that yes, I voted for in the last election), and I think the guy has done a bang up job as Gov.  I would want him to be a Senator or even consider him for POTUS.  The fact that the people of MA have said no to Mitt should give people pause.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting butlerro1013:

Wow,

I don't know if you can stress that enough!

butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM

No, I was trying to point out that liberals (like me and apparently the people in MA the first time around) will vote for someone who is not a Democrat if we feel they are doing a good job or are qualified.  I don't think Mitt Romney's one term as Gov in MA is as about party lines as people think.  I think it points to the fact that he's a poor leader with a weak vision.  JMO.  

Quoting Lacey14:

So let me re-cap what you are saying.  Red Romney lost out on a second term in a blue state.  You say, that shows what kind of leader he is.  You live in a red state that has a red governor, and you believe that is proof of why a blue state didn't elect Romney for a second term.  Ok, you've lost me on this one.

confused

Quoting butlerro1013:

You know, the group of people he has governed did not want him for a second term and they now don't want him as POTUS.  To me, that speaks volumes about the kind of leader he would be.  I come from a conservative state, Indiana, and we've had a conservative Gov. over the past 8 years (that yes, I voted for in the last election), and I think the guy has done a bang up job as Gov.  I would want him to be a Senator or even consider him for POTUS.  The fact that the people of MA have said no to Mitt should give people pause.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting butlerro1013:

Wow,

I don't know if you can stress that enough!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)