Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hello from the campaign trail, CafeMom!

Posted by Michelle Obama on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 618 Replies
122 moms liked this

Hello CafeMoms!

Whether it's for advice, support or just good old-fashioned girl time, I know how important it is for all of us to have a strong community of women in our lives.  For me, that includes my mom, my girlfriends, and all those remarkable women I've had the opportunity to meet all across the country as First Lady.  These are the women who keep me laughing, grounded, and inspired every single day.

And for the next week, I couldn't be more excited to hang out with the amazing community of women here on CafeMom.

So thanks for inviting me to join you all.  Feel free to ask me about the election, the importance of voting, or simply about life on the campaign trail and in the White House. 

Can't wait to get started!

-          Michelle Obama

P.S. - Don't forget to vote on (or before) November 6th! This election is about our children's future, so no matter who you're voting for, every mom in the country needs to make sure her voice is heard on Election Day. We owe it to our kids to keep moving our country forward, and voting is the best way for us to do our part. 

A note from CafeMom: Leave your questions for the First Lady in this post. She’ll be back on CafeMom next week to answer as many of your questions as she can. Any questions or comments that are rude, hateful, mean-spirited, off-topic, or intentionally disruptive or inflammatory will be removed by CafeMom.

An invitation was extended to Ann Romney to join our community and respond to member questions.  As of this posting, we have not received a response.

Thank you all for the wonderful questions!  You can find Mrs. Obama's answers here.

by Michelle Obama on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
5 moms liked this

Hello and welcome!

Looking back on the last four years, what are you most proud of?

cafemama
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Welcome to CafeMom! I'm not sure how you're managing to juggle being a mom and being on the campaign trail right now. Must be difficult! Will you be home for Halloween and what are Sasha and Malia dressing up as this year?

welcome to cafemom

juicebox.
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM
40 moms liked this

OMG!!!  Hi!

OBAMA 2012!!!

swanarama
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow! This is so cool! I don't often post here but this is worth it, lol.

I know healthier school lunches are an important issue for you. I can't imagine you pack your daughters' lunches now, but did you when they were younger? If so, what did you make for them?

Acid
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM
9 moms liked this

Before I go any further I want to say that I'm Canadian. If my vote counted; there would be one for your husband coming from this household.

I've enjoyed both listening to and watching Mr. Obama for the last four years. I think he speaks with an eloquence that most people are lacking.

This week my husband is away taking a course. I'm not used to him being away; so little noises are bothering me. I know you have the secret service (why do they call it the secret service if everyone knows about them?) but, does it get creepy sleeping in that enormous house when your husband is away?

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

MNDsM
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM
6 moms liked this
I'm Canadian, but even I'm hoping it will be another four years!!

Will you and your family ever make a trip to Canada?

OBAMA 2012!!!
jennmarie77
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM
11 moms liked this

Negativity is always big around elections-I hate it myself and find it hard to deal with. How do you deal with the negativity?

Do you shield your daughters from it? If not, how do you address it with them?

juicebox.
6 moms liked this

Canadians should be allowed the vote in America.  I am so impressed with cm right now.

cemcnair
2 moms liked this
Welcome!! Excited to have you!

Obama 2012!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CadincesMom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM
9 moms liked this

Welcome to CafeMom

Politics, this election especially, have been a major topic here. I myself already know I am going to be voting for Romney, however there are many moms on this site that either are not going to vote or are still undecided. My question to you is how would you convince the women, that are not going to vote, of the importance of voting and what sources would you recommend to the women that are still undecided so that they are able to make a truly educated decision? I am also curious as to how you and your husband are able to protect your daughters from being in the spotlight. I really have more questions than these but I am not sure how to word them without coming across as disrespectful so I will just leave it at these. I do feel that the first two questions are very important and I would love to know your opinion on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)