Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Romney: Obama Says Vote for Revenge, I Say Vote For Love of Country

Posted by   + Show Post

Romney truly sums it up here.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Replies (51-60):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM

No, read them.Tthey are not all the same thing. Some are about green jobs, some IT, some manufacturing. Some are about the jobs in particular, some focus on specific countries, one discusses Congressional representatives INCLUDING DEMOCRATS who have brought these concerns to the Obama administration. Some date back to 2009, the year of the stimulus, others 2010, and 2012.

Most I didn't include because I was pretty sure you would be dismissive of them, since they are conservative sites. So my job is harder than yours: You are free to send links of any site on the web - which are about 95% left-leaning. But I have to disregard at least half the sources and only use ones that are left-leaning, that you will acknowledge.

Of course, I read all of them - I never copy a link if I haven't read the article.  :)

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I think these are all different stories about the same topic.  Take a look at the very first one.  Did you read it?

Quoting SallyMJ:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leo-w-gerard/hell-if-dc-didnt-offshore_b_363647.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40565987/ns/business-going_green/t/wind-their-backs-powerful-democrats-help-chinese-energy-firm-chase-stimulus-money/

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/obama-stimulus-money-spent-overseas/story?id=10002592#.UJg-P-10WMA

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/feb2009/tc2009022_337316.htm?chan=technology_technology+index+page_top+stories

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/84-green-job-stimulus-money-going-offshore

http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2010/03/senators-say-stimulus-money-creating-jobs-overseas

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/06/stimulus-to-aid-foreign-battery-builders/

http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/2009/11/06/stimulus-funds-for-green-energy-projects-going-offshore-along-with-other-u-s-manufacturing/

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Which companies, which jobs, and when?

Quoting SallyMJ:

So why then would Obama send billions of AMERICAN TAXPAYER stimulus dollars to companies overseas or to American companies who take the money overseas to create jobs there? How does that create jobs in the US?

Quoting nanaofsix531:

LOL That is the first thing I thought of when I heard him say for love of country.Which one???????????? 

Quoting _Kissy_:

Which country. The one he banks in, the one he sends jobs to. It possibly can't be America, he didn't love it enough to fight for it during Vietnam.

kstchr
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

What about all those babies (future voters) being lost to abortion? Many of those are "minorities", as Planned Parenthood targets them more often than not. So much for caring about women, huh?  Mitt Romney is Pro-Life; Obama has proven time & time again that he wants to expand abortion. Mitt also has the business experience that Obama doesn't have.

I am praying that Mitt wins tomorrow!!

RutterMama
by Tia on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, just wow. I'm absolutely voting for love of my country!

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Bravo!  You said it perfectly for many of us!  :)

Quoting Meadowchik:

Romney banks in America and has also invested abroad, as has the POTUS.  Romney has built american business and has also invested in foreign business, as has Pres Obama.  In fact, as POTUS Obama sent jobs overseas and invested US taxpayer dollars into foreign business.

Kissy, you don't seem to care about Obama's failures, why is that?

Romney is competent, his policies place hope in America and are sensible for American business.

Quoting _Kissy_:

Which country. The one he banks in, the one he sends jobs to. It possibly can't be America, he didn't love it enough to fight for it during Vietnam.

broncfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM
5 moms liked this

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Well, let me see....

You asked, "Do you really think putting an opportunistic wealthy (highly successful) business man in charge of our country will benefit the majority of Americans?"  

Ummmmm....I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say....

YES!

Quoting notonepercenter:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting notonepercenter:

Quoting MomTiara19:

You know what is funny about the revenge comment...

Obama said this to stop the rally from booing Romney.Romney encourages his supporters to boo Obama at rallies and loves to stir the pot of hate with twisting Obamas words like in this case of the"revenge" comment.

The crowd was booing Romney and voter suppression and so Obama said dont boo...vote...this is the best revenge.

Romney supporters view America as mainly one race,one religion,and one view.This American pie conservatism love of red country ideology may be the republican mantra.....but where do democrats,and people of color,and different religions fit in?

There is alot of talk of Romney momentum and love of country.Democrats love our country too and are willing to sacrifice and stand in line for hours to vote just like in the civil rights movement.We wont back down.

I am not voting for Obama for revenge.I am voting for Obama because he is my voice....it is my right....and I am American just like you.

You go girl!  Well stated!  Funny isn't it, how Romneyites can only hear what they want to hear.  The President was encouraging the crowd to go vote, and to not be discouraged by the road-blocks being placed in their way by the republican party.  Our President is a class-act.  Romney must feel so inferior to President Obama, and I'm sure that is not a role he (Romney) is comfortable being cast.  Obama outshines Romney in every aspect.  Romney is the only one being negative.  Revenge isn't a bad thing when you are seeking justice for being done wrong, i.e. voter suppression. 

Obama's entire campaign has been negative!  Romney has gone negative as well but he has also consistently presented a plan from Day One to strengthen the Middle Class.  Obama produced a little pamphlet after the third debate, a few weeks ago. 

I know the context of Obama's quote, yet it still captures much of the political reality, in my opinion.  By and large, I don't see support for Obama as support for growth or progress, it's much more anti-Romney, anti-GOP.  It is quite ironic.  The Anybody-but-Obama feeling on the right has transformed in great measure to real confidence in Romney and in common sense.  Romney did that at the first debate.

Wrong!  Consistently presented a plan . . . .what the fajita?  The only consistency he has exhibited is his ability to change his stance like a chameleon changes it's colors.  He damn sure doesn't have any positive plan for the middle class.  He doesn't even know what "middle class" means.  His definition includes people of wealth.  Small business to him equals corporations.  Not the small "mom and pop" businesses we relate to small business.  He has been very clear, at least when caught on video, how he truly feels about 47% of our citizens.  That's right, that's a story that will not, nor should not "go away" - it came straight from the horse's mouth.  "He just couldn't help it - he was born with a silver foot in his mouth!"  (ha ha) It was the first time, and the only time (in my opinion) that America and the world, got to see who Romney really is!  And, after that, what else do you really need to see?  He is not worthy of trust.  As for your comment on "common sense" - again, something common is not something Romney relates to very well.  His "love of country", apple pie, picket fence, girl next door, bible thumping, bullshit needs to be questioned.  Which country is it that he loves so much?  China?  You mentioned growth and progress - a vote for Romney will surely result in growth and progress for China.  Not to mention a growth in Romney's off shore accounts as well as his Bain capital buddy's accounts.  Ask yourself - are you in that circle of wealth?  Do you really think putting a opportunistic wealthy business man in charge of our country will benefit the majority of Americans?  Don't just think about yourself, we aren't a country built on selfishness.  Which candidate has the majority of our best interests at heart?   

jennie2263
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:28 PM

The last time I checked Obama never fought for his country either. At least we know that Obama's foreign policies and domestic policies don't work. Obama watched soldiers die in Libya while telling others to stand down and not go in. Our president should not be a coward. Obama has not created the jobs or cut the deficit like he said that he would. He had his chance and he chose not to do the things he promised. TIme for him to leave and give someone else a chance to fix the economy. You know, someone that has a business degree and not someone that is a blood sucking lawyer!

Quoting _Kissy_:

mommasaint
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this

My vote this year, more then any other is very much for love of country. If we don't get back on track, my children aren't going to know the country that I love or the principals we were founded on. 

MommyTwice0411
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Getting up early to go vote for the country I love. I pray that Romney/Ryan win the election so they can get our country back on track.

2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM
I voted because I know it is what my God requires of me. And because I want to be a good and faithful child. I'm in a state where my vote doesn't even count because of the Electorial College, and yet I voted nonetheless.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN