Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Romney: Obama Says Vote for Revenge, I Say Vote For Love of Country

Posted by   + Show Post

Romney truly sums it up here.

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Replies (61-70):
JonJon
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Vote for love of country?  Is the COUNTRY running for election?  He hasn't even been elected, has NEVER led the electoral college, yet he already considers himself the country?  The sun rises and sets on the country.  As someone who's lived his whole life believing the sun rises and sets on his shoulders I can see why he's identifying himself as the country.

Nicky2911
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Are you freakin serious? This is just getting sad.

JavaMom2one
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:16 AM

OMG, I could have spewed my coffee out this morning.  I hadn't seen this yet, so funny!

Quoting broncfan:

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Quoting notonepercenter:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting notonepercenter:

Quoting MomTiara19:

You know what is funny about the revenge comment...

Obama said this to stop the rally from booing Romney.Romney encourages his supporters to boo Obama at rallies and loves to stir the pot of hate with twisting Obamas words like in this case of the"revenge" comment.

The crowd was booing Romney and voter suppression and so Obama said dont boo...vote...this is the best revenge.

Romney supporters view America as mainly one race,one religion,and one view.This American pie conservatism love of red country ideology may be the republican mantra.....but where do democrats,and people of color,and different religions fit in?

There is alot of talk of Romney momentum and love of country.Democrats love our country too and are willing to sacrifice and stand in line for hours to vote just like in the civil rights movement.We wont back down.

I am not voting for Obama for revenge.I am voting for Obama because he is my voice....it is my right....and I am American just like you.

You go girl!  Well stated!  Funny isn't it, how Romneyites can only hear what they want to hear.  The President was encouraging the crowd to go vote, and to not be discouraged by the road-blocks being placed in their way by the republican party.  Our President is a class-act.  Romney must feel so inferior to President Obama, and I'm sure that is not a role he (Romney) is comfortable being cast.  Obama outshines Romney in every aspect.  Romney is the only one being negative.  Revenge isn't a bad thing when you are seeking justice for being done wrong, i.e. voter suppression. 

Obama's entire campaign has been negative!  Romney has gone negative as well but he has also consistently presented a plan from Day One to strengthen the Middle Class.  Obama produced a little pamphlet after the third debate, a few weeks ago. 

I know the context of Obama's quote, yet it still captures much of the political reality, in my opinion.  By and large, I don't see support for Obama as support for growth or progress, it's much more anti-Romney, anti-GOP.  It is quite ironic.  The Anybody-but-Obama feeling on the right has transformed in great measure to real confidence in Romney and in common sense.  Romney did that at the first debate.

Wrong!  Consistently presented a plan . . . .what the fajita?  The only consistency he has exhibited is his ability to change his stance like a chameleon changes it's colors.  He damn sure doesn't have any positive plan for the middle class. 

Of course he has, Romney's 5 Point Plan for Strengthening the Middle Class embraces energy independence, good trade policy, education, deficit reduction, and championing small businesses.  That's his plan and it has been his plan. 

He doesn't even know what "middle class" means.  His definition includes people of wealth.  Small business to him equals corporations.  Not the small "mom and pop" businesses we relate to small business.  He has been very clear, at least when caught on video, how he truly feels about 47% of our citizens.  That's right, that's a story that will not, nor should not "go away" - it came straight from the horse's mouth.  "He just couldn't help it - he was born with a silver foot in his mouth!"  (ha ha) It was the first time, and the only time (in my opinion) that America and the world, got to see who Romney really is! 

If you believe the 47% comment was revealing, do you know what question he was answering when he said it?  I doubt it, and I doubt that you even care, it just plays into the Obama "evil rich guy" narrative.  No, one comment dishonestly taken out of context does not reveal a person's identity.  It reveals the accuser's identity. 

Look at Romney's life:  yes, he was born in wealth, he was blessed, and yet he also did something with those blessings:  he worked hard, he excelled, he obtained double masters degrees from Harvard, he started his own small business that went on to be very successful, all this whgile raising a family and serving in his church, helping and counseling people in need.  Later he restored the standing of the SLC Olympics when it was struggling with debt and scandal, then he was Governor of Massachusetts, where he balanced the budget first, then passed bipartisan healthcare reform without raising taxes, while also streamlining bureacracy, going after corruption, and creating a nonpartisan judges selection process. 

And, after that, what else do you really need to see? 

After what?  You haven't made a solid point.  You are merely repeating boogeyman lies. And of course, you don't stop there:

He is not worthy of trust.  As for your comment on "common sense" - again, something common is not something Romney relates to very well.  His "love of country", apple pie, picket fence, girl next door, bible thumping, bullshit needs to be questioned.  Which country is it that he loves so much?  China?  You mentioned growth and progress - a vote for Romney will surely result in growth and progress for China.  Not to mention a growth in Romney's off shore accounts as well as his Bain capital buddy's accounts. 

You mean that you think Romney's private investments predict his future policy?  Is that what you're saying?  Because, Obama has private investments in China, in other countries.  But don't close you eyes just yet, because as President of the United States, Obama has favored corporations, he has sent US public funds to outsourced jobs in other countries, he has thrown US public funds away on bad business plans!

Ask yourself - are you in that circle of wealth?  Do you really think putting a opportunistic wealthy business man in charge of our country will benefit the majority of Americans?  Don't just think about yourself, we aren't a country built on selfishness.  Which candidate has the majority of our best interests at heart?   

Don't be so presumptious, please. 

I choose Romney because I believe he is best for the whole country, for ALL Americans. Romney is committed to doing what he can as President to help Americans.  Romney understands business and what it takes to grow and how government can enhance and hinder growth, and Romney wants to protect what enhances growth and change what hinders growth. 

Romney is committed to a path of fiscal responsibility, and the only way to follow that path is to also sow economic growth.  This is exactly why the Romney/Ryan team are a great match.  Ryan was on the budget committee and has been working tirelessly to preserve things like Medicaid and Social Security for the future, Romney's plans are all about unleashing growth for all Americans!

Romney/Ryan 2012!

american flag ribbon

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Romney's mistake is assuming the two are mutually exclusive.

A vote for Democrats is a message to our countries' leaders: Stop putting politics over Country. 

That's why everyone should vote down the Democratic ticket.

Nope, a vote for Obama is another vote for the Harry Reid Senate, the same Reid who said he will stonewall every single Romney proposal. Obama's already shown he does not know how to deal typical DC partisanship.  We have more reason to believe Romney can work with it.

You're changing the subject.

If you want to vote for someone who is best able to deal with partisanship, then. . .do what you will. 

However, if you want to end partisanship, then you must punish the party that has most perpetuated it. 

You seriously believe that voting Obama will mean an end to partisanship?  That's fantasy-thinking, and here's why: politics have always been partisan, and American politics are no different.  Things were fierce and even ugly during the 1700's, 1800's, 1900's until now.  The people who can end it when it counts are the people who understand that, and that the divisions are based more on valid differences, which have to be negotiated, not just speeched away. Obama believed his speeches would be enough to convince partisans. When in fact he should have worked with them instead of presuming.

3dragonflies
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you serious!  This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard!  Romney will represent this country a whole lot better than Obama!  Romney will do a hell of a lot better than Obama did!  You must not love this country yourself.  Enough said!

Quoting JonJon:

Vote for love of country?  Is the COUNTRY running for election?  He hasn't even been elected, has NEVER led the electoral college, yet he already considers himself the country?  The sun rises and sets on the country.  As someone who's lived his whole life believing the sun rises and sets on his shoulders I can see why he's identifying himself as the country.

JonJon
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:20 AM

I'm very serious and no; you have not said nearly enough and I haven't had a chance to say anything at all about you telling me, one of the most patriotic persons in this country, that I don't love this country.

You're the one I'm nominating to answer this question, "Of what revenge was the President speaking?

Heck, I don't expect a sensible answer from you so I'm going to have to ask a few others the same question to see if one of you can come up with the right answer.  It's the only fair thing to do before I pronounce you all deliberate misrepresenters of the truth.

Quoting 3dragonflies:

Are you serious!  This has got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard!  Romney will represent this country a whole lot better than Obama!  Romney will do a hell of a lot better than Obama did!  You must not love this country yourself.  Enough said!

Quoting JonJon:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Huh?  I am not in your below sterotype and I am voting Republican.  I also don't believe in one religion and neither do any of my friends that are voting Republican.  Romney is a Mormon so that pretty much shoots your religious comment out of the water.

I am voting for Romney because I still believe in working hard for your money.  I still believe in "Do into others" comment.  I still believe in integrity of the White House and I still believe in honor.  These are the things that are lacking in Mr. Obama and he has shown this over and over during the past four years.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Obama said this to stop the rally from booing Romney.Romney encourages his supporters to boo Obama at rallies and loves to stir the pot of hate with twisting Obamas words like in this case of the"revenge" comment.

The crowd was booing Romney and voter suppression and so Obama said dont boo...vote...this is the best revenge.

Romney supporters view America as mainly one race,one religion,and one view.This American pie conservatism love of red country ideology may be the republican mantra.....but where do democrats,and people of color,and different religions fit in?

There is alot of talk of Romney momentum and love of country.Democrats love our country too and are willing to sacrifice and stand in line for hours to vote just like in the civil rights movement.We wont back down.

I am not voting for Obama for revenge.I am voting for Obama because he is my voice....it is my right....and I am American just like you.

jesusismyfriend
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:57 AM
It is NOT moral to burden our children and grandchildren with debt they will only be able to pay the interest on-Romney
What kind if America are you leaving for them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jesusismyfriend
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd like to add to this that as a Mormon we are encouraged to learn about other religions, so that pretty much shoots down your idea that everyone voting for him believes in one religion.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Huh?  I am not in your below sterotype and I am voting Republican.  I also don't believe in one religion and neither do any of my friends that are voting Republican.  Romney is a Mormon so that pretty much shoots your religious comment out of the water.

I am voting for Romney because I still believe in working hard for your money.  I still believe in "Do into others" comment.  I still believe in integrity of the White House and I still believe in honor.  These are the things that are lacking in Mr. Obama and he has shown this over and over during the past four years.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)