Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Just filled out my ballot

Posted by   + Show Post

I just officially filled out my ballot for Gary Johnson, approving same-sex marriage and legalizing pot.  I am very thankful for my right to vote.

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Replies (111-120):
crazymommy30
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM
5 moms liked this

You're right, I do prefer fantasy. I actually had a fantasy if I responded to you in a calm and polite manner, that you would respond in a similar fashion. Apparently you can't have a conversation without being rude, even if you are treated nicely.

You are the only cause that is really lost.

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Quoting crazymommy30:

Oh ok so it's fantasy you prefer. Fair enough.

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Speaking of " morbid and macabre ". LOL

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Quoting JonJon:

Remind you? Lol....I'm not obligated to remind you or anyone else about why I vote the way I do. I will direct you however to the last four years as valid reason why im not voting for nobama. Enough said.

rockinmomnwife
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you :)
I was going to vote Johnson (well Ron Paul at first) but it really feels like a vote wasted so I am voting for Romney to please my husband AND vote against Obama.

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Nice! Jill Stein here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting crazymommy30:

I wasn't rude at all. I just don't play patty cake. I like to get right to the point. Look voting third party may make you feel noble and like a special person for going against the grain, but it's a vote that carries absolutely no weight. You know this and that is why you and others like you vote the way you do. I actually have more respect for those who don't vote at all than I do for your kind, because those people may not vote but they also don't bitch about who ends up getting elected.

Sorry if you were butthurt by my candor but that's how I roll.

I wasn't bestowed the name 2birds1stone for nothing.

crazymommy30
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I am certainly not "butt hurt" I just don't thing your snark is cute. I don't give a rat's ass what you think of "my kind". You don't know anything about me. I voted third party because I am trying to change a broken system. I also volunteered for the Obama re-election campaign, so other people could get the facts instead or listening to fox news conspiracy theory. I don't care if you respect me, that does not concern me at all. I just think it is silly for you to get all worked up about my "wasted vote. I live in a very red state, any vote besides Romney would be wasted here. I would rather not vote than vote for Mittens.

I thought you took that screen name so your friends could recognixe your alt easily.

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Quoting crazymommy30:

I wasn't rude at all. I just don't play patty cake. I like to get right to the point. Look voting third party may make you feel noble and like a special person for going against the grain, but it's a vote that carries absolutely no weight. You know this and that is why you and others like you vote the way you do. I actually have more respect for those who don't vote at all than I do for your kind, because those people may not vote but they also don't bitch about who ends up getting elected.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Zilla did.
My apologies. You just went with it..
Have a good night.

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

I never said that lol....

You're confused without even being on the pipe??

WOW!!!! lmbo!!!

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Never said you were talking to me...

However
your initial statements included "anyone" voting third party and you are Insinuating those who voted or will vote third party are "high on something"... So as a person who did vote third party, I am simply responding to your silly assumptions.

And no thank you on the Brownies. :-)

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Um...not sure why you are so convinced we are even referring to you, but OK.

You don't smoke POT, cool. Here's a brownie for ya.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Hmm...

Never smoked pot. Sorry. Hubby never did drugs either and he also voted Johnson. (Which by the way actually surprised me... I thought he was voting Romney until we headed home and he said he couldn't vote for him and ended up voting for Johnson)

Quoting imamomzilla:

Ahhh, yes. That explains a lot!

wink mini

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Yes, most do. 

However, THC retards mental growth lol!!

Quoting imamomzilla:

At some point, don't people actually grow up, mature, and move beyond that stage?

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Well clearly it is an act of rebellion and defiance.

Quoting imamomzilla:

All those 3rd party candidates were sketchy. You see the debate? How anyone in their right mind could cast a vote for them is beyond me. Their platforms are so far on the fringe.

Hitting the hookah too hard or something. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well said.bow downMeaningless gestures are just that. Meaningless.

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Quoting crazymommy30:

Voting 3rd party is like dipping your toe in the shallow end of the political pool.

voting

Use your brain and don't waste your vote.

Romney/Ryan 2012.

Because we can't afford 4 more years.

Godgaveme4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
4 moms liked this

will be filling out our ballots tonight and  I am casting my vote for Gary Johnson. 

NC_Mom_06
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

throwing up 

Quoting Peanutx3:

I just officially filled out my ballot for Gary Johnson, approving same-sex marriage and legalizing pot.  I am very thankful for my right to vote.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN