Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Just filled out my ballot

Posted by   + Show Post

I just officially filled out my ballot for Gary Johnson, approving same-sex marriage and legalizing pot.  I am very thankful for my right to vote.

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

One of the most important freedoms we have as Americans. Congratulations!  :)

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That's right.  I can't wait to talk about the mock election my daughter is participating in this week.  I hope to instill a pride in voting and being involved in my kids.

Quoting SallyMJ:

2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Peanutx3:
Lol...you must think pretty highly of your buddy to think shes the first member to refer to me as ladybirdnest...that's cute. I've had several ask since coming here a few weeks ago. It seems to be what people do when they lack ammo, or brain mass.

I love it when you call me LBN. Because I know what it stands for.

See WIGGY......

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sigh.  Personalities come through no matter what your new name is.

Quoting 2Birds1Stone:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Lol...you must think pretty highly of your buddy to think shes the first member to refer to me as ladybirdnest...that's cute. I've had several ask since coming here a few weeks ago. It seems to be what people do when they lack ammo, or brain mass.

I love it when you call me LBN. Because I know what it stands for.

See wiggy below.......

angelachristine
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on voting. I had considered voting for him but in the end I will be voting for Obama. Mostly because I know it's between Obama and Romney and it is pretty close so I want my vote to count. 

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

That's the thing.  Every vote counts.  They will count my vote, my guy may not win but my vote is still counted.

Quoting angelachristine:

Congrats on voting. I had considered voting for him but in the end I will be voting for Obama. Mostly because I know it's between Obama and Romney and it is pretty close so I want my vote to count. 

2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Quoting Pema_Jampa:

You are correct....I am lovely, beautiful and nurturing....you may refer to me as such anytime you want. So now hopefully we can be done with all the trivialities that so easily beset, and get back to the real issues like gay marriage and smoking a big bowl or rolling a big fatty lol!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

That's cool! - I remember doing that in grade school, and even a convention when I was in high school. Great way to learn about our electoral process - the envy of much of the world.  ;)

Quoting Peanutx3:

That's right.  I can't wait to talk about the mock election my daughter is participating in this week.  I hope to instill a pride in voting and being involved in my kids.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I never did this in school so I am very excited for her to participate and learn the process.

Quoting SallyMJ:

That's cool! - I remember doing that in grade school, and even a convention when I was in high school. Great way to learn about our electoral process - the envy of much of the world.  ;)

Quoting Peanutx3:

Quoting SallyMJ:

angelachristine
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Well yeah I know that. I just mean that it's going to be Romney or Obama period. No one else has a chance and so while I might like some of the other candidates I want to vote for one who actually might win. I also really dislike Romney so while I'm not 100% in love with Obama I'm voting for him. 

My best friend is voting for Johnson though.  I wasn't trying to criticize your choice.

Also as long as we still have the electoral college every vote doesn't count with as much weight as it should.

Quoting Peanutx3:

That's the thing.  Every vote counts.  They will count my vote, my guy may not win but my vote is still counted.

Quoting angelachristine:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)