Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Moms Matter 2012 Election results are in…

Posted by   + Show Post

votingThe results of our Moms Matter 2012 Mock Election are in!

And the winner is...

Mitt Romney with 46.6% of the vote!

Complete Results:

Obama -  44.3%
Romney - 46.6%
3rd party - 5.2%
not voting - 4.0%

What do you think about these results?

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (741-749):
mommy2annaliese
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Looking forward to it lol

Quoting momof2grls629:

Lol, ok. Will be posting them later.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Get your sign ready girl! :P You don;t have to stay out there, just long enough to snap a few funnies. It's cold and I'm not a meanie head lol

Quoting momof2grls629:

Ok, I accept, lol. Where will we post the photos too?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Haha okay :P Gotta decide before 12 noon tomorrow. Just so I have time to get my supplies together just incase LOL

Quoting momof2grls629:

Lol, that's actually a really funny idea. I am super tempted.... Let me get back to you on that one.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

No because that will never happen.

Lets make a wager. If Romney wins I will wear a sign that says "I love Romney, and I am stupid for thinking he would loose" or anything of your choosing on the busiest street in my town, and take pictures and theb post them here but if Obama wins, you must do the same. You in? ;)

Quoting momof2grls629:

Is this what you will be saying tomorrow too when Romney kicks Obama's ass?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

That tons of people including myself didn't know cm was back up so they didn't get to vote so this is way off. :) also, that mitt Romney can go eat a ...you know.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IQuitCounting
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

emUHlee1
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Too bad this wasn't the outcome :(
momof2grls629
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Ok, the pics have been posted!! There are 3 posts in mom confessions labeled I lost a bet and continuation of I lost a bet. For some reason, I could only do 1 pic per post so I had to do 3 posts. I am a woman of my word :-) It got posted anonymously so I'm not sure if you will be able to find it under my screen name.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Looking forward to it lol

Quoting momof2grls629:

Lol, ok. Will be posting them later.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Get your sign ready girl! :P You don;t have to stay out there, just long enough to snap a few funnies. It's cold and I'm not a meanie head lol

Quoting momof2grls629:

Ok, I accept, lol. Where will we post the photos too?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Haha okay :P Gotta decide before 12 noon tomorrow. Just so I have time to get my supplies together just incase LOL

Quoting momof2grls629:

Lol, that's actually a really funny idea. I am super tempted.... Let me get back to you on that one.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

No because that will never happen.

Lets make a wager. If Romney wins I will wear a sign that says "I love Romney, and I am stupid for thinking he would loose" or anything of your choosing on the busiest street in my town, and take pictures and theb post them here but if Obama wins, you must do the same. You in? ;)

Quoting momof2grls629:

Is this what you will be saying tomorrow too when Romney kicks Obama's ass?

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

That tons of people including myself didn't know cm was back up so they didn't get to vote so this is way off. :) also, that mitt Romney can go eat a ...you know.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ecobabyz
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I did :) At least my concience is clear! 

Quoting KeeKee77:

Vote Gary Johnson!!

Quoting Ecobabyz:

I hope everyone understands that both Obama and Romney are bringing this country down, it doesn't matter which gets picked. I feel like there is no 'lesser of two evils' for many years already. The candidates that would make a great president are swept under the rug. 

I'm going to vote anyway. 

Anastasia B, Editor at Eco-Babyz

KeeKee77
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I did too.

I woke up this morning and although saddened, I can say I still have my dignity.
Quoting Ecobabyz:

I did :) At least my concience is clear! 

Quoting KeeKee77:

Vote Gary Johnson!!

Quoting Ecobabyz:

I hope everyone understands that both Obama and Romney are bringing this country down, it doesn't matter which gets picked. I feel like there is no 'lesser of two evils' for many years already. The candidates that would make a great president are swept under the rug. 

I'm going to vote anyway. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeeKee77
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Maybe I hang with a different crowd, but the only racist remarks I heard were made by black Americans.

Sadly, many of the racist remarks were made by the children with whom I work.
After watching BET coverage of election night, I can see why the racial divide isn't going to grow smaller anytime soon. I was blown away by the blatant racial remarks about the election.

Quoting GodsAngel927:

LIKE I SAID GOD HAS THE FINAL SAY!!! RACISM WON'T HOLD US BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ozziesmare
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Yeah, Romney won here, but lucky the greater American public was smarter~hope the First Lady thinks twice before visiting this site again!

JayneeDoe
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

if only more moms voted for him... things may have been different.  thank god i voted for the president and i still have my rights, and women weren't taken back to the 50s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)