Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pennsylvania Voting Machine Filmed Changing Obama Vote to Romney: VIDEO

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 34 Replies

Pennsylvania Voting Machine Filmed Changing Obama Vote to Romney: VIDEO

For the record:

VoteA Pennsylvania voter says that his electronic ballot changed a vote to Romney that he intended for Obama. While some are suggesting that the clip might be a fake, the uploader insists it is not. Commenters on YouTube are calling for the Justice Department to be notified.

YouTube user CentralPAVote writes:

My wife and I went to the voting booths this morning before work. There were 4 older ladies running the show and 3 voting booths that are similar to a science fair project in how they fold up. They had an oval VOTE logo on top center and a cartridge slot on the left that the volunteers used to start your ballot.

I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'. From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine.

I asked the voters on either side of me if they had any problems and they reported they did not. I then called over a volunteer to have a look at it. She him hawed for a bit then calmly said "It's nothing to worry about, everything will be OK." and went back to what she was doing. I then recorded this video.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/11/voting-issues.html#ixzz2BTeGFM3x

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM

This kind of stuff is just BS! Glad people have their cell phones with them and can record what is going on.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this

That's funny because I heard it was happening the other way around as well. 

sammygrl77
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM
It's interesting to see the different voting machines. The one s here looked nothing like that, though they were touch screen. I had no issues. I did have to select each one individually since there were no straight democrat or republican to check off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Oi vey

What in the hell is going on today? I'm seeing these kinds of posts everywhere. FFS, let's go back to voting by casting stones in the town square. Pain in the ass? Yes. The only truly fair way left to do it? YES AGAIN.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

How is that funny?

Quoting 4kidz916:

Sweet_Britt
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Whats funny about that??

Quoting 4kidz916:

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Funny as is in weird.  It seems to be happening on both sides of the fence, obviously computer errors. 

Quoting trippyhippy:

How is that funny?

Quoting 4kidz916:

JustCJ
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Ugh ours were paper, we colored in the circle for who we wanted and then fed our paper in a scan-tron machine...I thought it would confirm my votes before it entered them. Nope. I'm not comfortable with that at all.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

That's the way ours is too.  

Quoting JustCJ:

Ugh ours were paper, we colored in the circle for who we wanted and then fed our paper in a scan-tron machine...I thought it would confirm my votes before it entered them. Nope. I'm not comfortable with that at all.

JustCJ
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in a small farm town...but I'm still uncomfortable with those. How did you feel about them?

Quoting 4kidz916:

That's the way ours is too.  

Quoting JustCJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN