Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics
Obama won Ohio & is POTUS again, thank goodness!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Replies (371-380):
Bookwormy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Even if you win you're still as smart as Coulter right?

Quoting grace1973:

Speaking of stupid, there's the wise expression floating around that compares arguing on the internet to competing in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still... well, I'm sure you get the point. 

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

I don't know what you wanted me to say. I guess you don't know sarcasm when you see it. It doesn't matter on different beliefs. The man doesn't have the credentials, hasn't given us more jobs, upped the deficit by 6 TRILLION, and spends one BILLION dollars a year for his house staff. Now, if you can't agree , that's stupid, i can't help you.

Quoting sweettigeress:

No it doesn't. People have different beliefs, different views. It doesn't make them stupid for it. Saying other people are stupid for their beliefs just shows your ignorance.

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

It definitely does! :)

Quoting sweettigeress:

Does it make you any more intelligent just because you voted differently? How does saying Americans are stupid make you any smarter? 

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

Awful, just awful that Americans are that stupid.

Bookwormy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Canada is energy independent & their price is the same. The price has nothing to do with whether or not one uses their own oil. The price of oil is set internationally. I heard a great story about this on NPR recently. Canada is a great example of this.

Quoting imapepper:

Romney was planning on building pipelines and opening up more government drilling and off shore drilling that Obama had closed down.  Would that not give more supply to demand, therefore decrease the price?

Quoting BlueRay:

That was gana happen no matter who got elected.

Quoting justme00:

I want to see what ALL you Obama lovers have to say four years from now lol. You can keep thinking Obama is going to be good for us all I will be making sure my family can get by once we are paying $5gal for gass and three times what we do now for food.

kenleespice
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bookwormy:

Even if you win you still as smart as Coulter right?

Quoting grace1973:

Speaking of stupid, there's the wise expression floating around that compares arguing on the internet to competing in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still... well, I'm sure you get the point. 

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

I don't know what you wanted me to say. I guess you don't know sarcasm when you see it. It doesn't matter on different beliefs. The man doesn't have the credentials, hasn't given us more jobs, upped the deficit by 6 TRILLION, and spends one BILLION dollars a year for his house staff. Now, if you can't agree , that's stupid, i can't help you.

Quoting sweettigeress:

No it doesn't. People have different beliefs, different views. It doesn't make them stupid for it. Saying other people are stupid for their beliefs just shows your ignorance.

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

Quoting sweettigeress:

Does it make you any more intelligent just because you voted differently? How does saying Americans are stupid make you any smarter? 

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

to grace 1973 that is not a wise saying at all. being a mother to a special needs child who happens to be borderline retarded I take offence to that.the people who compete in special olympics work dam hard to get there .these kind of people have a harder life then you can ever dream of so keep your thoughts about them to yourself.

Bookwormy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Point well made.

Quoting kenleespice:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Even if you win you still as smart as Coulter right?

Quoting grace1973:

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

Quoting sweettigeress:

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

Quoting sweettigeress:

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

to grace 1973 that is not a wise saying at all. being a mother to a special needs child who happens to be borderline retarded I take offence to that.the people who compete in special olympics work dam hard to get there .these kind of people have a harder life then you can ever dream of so keep your thoughts about them to yourself.

soulofsunmama
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Gawd, you kinda make me sick to my stomach....so so so glad there are so many more progressive thinkers in our nation then this!

Quoting vickijene:

I say when I woke up this morning I was very  depressed, the same old thing. People with no jobs ,houses with the same foreclosure signs. Oh wait a minute we have Obama care now to! What is the American public thinking? Were women really worried about not having the right to have abortions? Please. This is a sad day in America, just like it been a sad everyday for 4 years!

Amyirene74
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Sad and worried. After everything getting worse over the last 4 years I had hoped to change leadership. I worry that things are going to continue getting worse. I pray that he proves us wrong and does something about the economy this term. I would love for him to make health care affordable instead of just forcing us to get it. I don't know about you but I can't afford to pay the $1000 a month they want because my husband is self employed. We wouldn't be able to afford rent if we have to pay that.
bmwlover
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Scared...what's this world coming to?

mgerstmann
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM

YAY!

Allisonc7910
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Not too happy about it.  Where my husband works its about 2500 per person for insurance the company pays.  The company isn't going to pay that.  They will likely pay the fee for not providing the insurance and no employees will have it.  So I guess if you want to pay sky high health bills and gas each day to get to work, Obama is the way to go.

Bek22
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Quoting Amyirene74:

Sad and worried. After everything getting worse over the last 4 years I had hoped to change leadership. I worry that things are going to continue getting worse. I pray that he proves us wrong and does something about the economy this term. I would love for him to make health care affordable instead of just forcing us to get it. I don't know about you but I can't afford to pay the $1000 a month they want because my husband is self employed. We wouldn't be able to afford rent if we have to pay that.

I completely agree with you. We are worried sick as well. My husband, like yours is also self employed. We have 4 children. There is no way we could afford to pay all of that. How can it be okay to be forced to buy health insurance? What is wrong with people? I don't think the reality of what people have voted for has hit them yet, but it will. I hope I'm wrong. I pray that he will do things very differently this time around. I'm terrified for our children's future.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN