Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics
Obama won Ohio & is POTUS again, thank goodness!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Replies (391-400):
Lisa1273
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting loisl25:

I am really dissapointed. I stayed off cafemom most of the day because I couldn't deal with all the smug celabratory Obama posts I knew Id see. I'm truly scared for our country now, but I'm just hoping and praying I'm wrong about him, and he can do better for this country that the last four years.

Same feelings here momma.
Lisa1273
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

You talk about racism not being dead in this country & I agree. Last night a black woman had a shirt on that said IT'S OUR TIME! What should someone make of that? Just trying to point out here that racism does exist ~ on many sides.

Quoting JonJon:

September 2007:  I join Cafemom.  I join a general debate group and a politcal debate group.  Surprisingly, I spend most of my time disputing bigoted and prejudiceed and racist comments like I've never seen before and haven't had to deal with in some time offline. 

I'm shocked to see how people think; I thought all the stuff I'm seeing belonged to another era.  I'm convinced most of the people on CM are young and can't understand that the young people aren't more evolved and enlightened.  It's really disappointing to learn just how prevalent racial bigotry is in this country as I consider Cafemom a representive slice of America so that means for every one person on CM who writes something bigoted and negative about race, there must must be 24 more offline who think the same way.  We've gotten complacent in this country.  The fight for equality is not over and racism is not all but dead; it's alive and thriving.

November 2007:  Obama elected.  I can't believe it.  I voted for him but I never believed I'd live to see a black man in the White House.  For the first time in my life I feel validated as a bonafide American.  I watch people at his victory rally crying.  I see Oprah crying; she's my age and she also probably thought she'd never see a black man elected President in her lifetime. 

I, too, start crying at this confirmation that the majority of Americans are not afraid of black people and recognize we really are just like you and that you looked past his skin color recognized Obama's qualifications to do the job.

January 20, 2008:  The President's inauguration.  It's on tv and I'm on Cafemom.  The ire and disdain has been so strong and palpable and I spend so much time countering all the accusations of the Obamas' "opulence," "arrogance" and "overspending" I miss the whole thing. 

The bigots and the racists have gone out of their minds and have come out of hiding and are foregoing any pretenses of tolerance and "pc" is out the door.  I'm back to being disappointed in Americans and start believing the President only got elected because the bigots and racists presumed there was no way a black man would be elected President so they didn't feel the need to bother voting.

2008-2012:  I spend all my time on CM rebutting the bigoted and racist things I see people saying on CM and endure being called a bigot and a race card player and accused of having a chip and looking for racism.  I'm called every name in the book but my own.  I'm not intimated into being afraid to mention race or to call a spade a spade; When I see a bigot or a racist I call them out; I calls 'em as I sees 'em.  I start to think everyone on CM is bigoted because so few call them out, too, but then I realize that most people like to keep what they know to themselves and I realize that it's only a few who are being so obnoxious; the silent majority don't hold by the same way of thinking.

I worry the whole four years the bigots and racists are organizing and will rush the polls to make sure that nigger doesn't get re-elected.  I worry there are enough of them to override those of us who recognize how much good the President did in his four years.

November 6, 2012:  I decide I don't want to be on the edge of my chair all night so I go to sleep about 8p; I've been fighting off fatigue all day.  8:30p:  my mom calls me and asks if I was asleep.  I tell her, "Yes, I didn't want to wait all night to see if the President gets re-elected."  Mom says, "You don't have to wait anymore."  I say, "What?!"  I can tell by her tone of voice the President didn't lose.  "The President won?!!"  "Yep."  "YES!"  I have to get online and gloat!"  "Okay, good night, hon."

I had to wait until 9p (pst) to hear the President's victory speech.  TG I didn't miss it.  There I was, trying not to cry but I cried.  I hadn't realized how fearful I was Romney was going to win by some weirdness along the lines of the 2000 general election because sisters, I didn't believe for a moment Al Gore wasn't going to win. 

My faith in Americans has been restored.  It's been so bad believing foreigners appreciated the Presidents more than his own country(wo)men.  But I was dead wrong.  There's more good guys than bad guys after all; the guy who trained me and other tellers how to spot a quick-change artist on my first bank job was right; most people are good and honest.  It's the 2% who make it bad for the rest of us.

God, I love this country and I love being American and I love all you wonderful Americans, even the misguided ones who didn't vote for the President.  I mean it.

foreverealty
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:10 AM
2 moms liked this
$9. Per gallon of gasoline and more foreclosures yay!!!
geekmom33
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:19 AM
3 moms liked this

badJust wish I had the money to leave the country for the next 4 years.

Bookwormy
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Pride is different than racism. Furthermore, after years of being first tortured & abused, & then discriminated against, excitement over this presidency is to be expected.

The melting pot is a xenophobic expectation of the majority culture. Instead, expect a vibrant prideful tossed salad & you might have a realistic expectation of US society.

Quoting Lisa1273:

You talk about racism not being dead in this country & I agree. Last night a black woman had a shirt on that said IT'S OUR TIME! What should someone make of that? Just trying to point out here that racism does exist ~ on many sides.

Quoting JonJon:

September 2007:  I join Cafemom.  I join a general debate group and a politcal debate group.  Surprisingly, I spend most of my time disputing bigoted and prejudiceed and racist comments like I've never seen before and haven't had to deal with in some time offline. 

I'm shocked to see how people think; I thought all the stuff I'm seeing belonged to another era.  I'm convinced most of the people on CM are young and can't understand that the young people aren't more evolved and enlightened.  It's really disappointing to learn just how prevalent racial bigotry is in this country as I consider Cafemom a representive slice of America so that means for every one person on CM who writes something bigoted and negative about race, there must must be 24 more offline who think the same way.  We've gotten complacent in this country.  The fight for equality is not over and racism is not all but dead; it's alive and thriving.

November 2007:  Obama elected.  I can't believe it.  I voted for him but I never believed I'd live to see a black man in the White House.  For the first time in my life I feel validated as a bonafide American.  I watch people at his victory rally crying.  I see Oprah crying; she's my age and she also probably thought she'd never see a black man elected President in her lifetime. 

I, too, start crying at this confirmation that the majority of Americans are not afraid of black people and recognize we really are just like you and that you looked past his skin color recognized Obama's qualifications to do the job.

January 20, 2008:  The President's inauguration.  It's on tv and I'm on Cafemom.  The ire and disdain has been so strong and palpable and I spend so much time countering all the accusations of the Obamas' "opulence," "arrogance" and "overspending" I miss the whole thing. 

The bigots and the racists have gone out of their minds and have come out of hiding and are foregoing any pretenses of tolerance and "pc" is out the door.  I'm back to being disappointed in Americans and start believing the President only got elected because the bigots and racists presumed there was no way a black man would be elected President so they didn't feel the need to bother voting.

2008-2012:  I spend all my time on CM rebutting the bigoted and racist things I see people saying on CM and endure being called a bigot and a race card player and accused of having a chip and looking for racism.  I'm called every name in the book but my own.  I'm not intimated into being afraid to mention race or to call a spade a spade; When I see a bigot or a racist I call them out; I calls 'em as I sees 'em.  I start to think everyone on CM is bigoted because so few call them out, too, but then I realize that most people like to keep what they know to themselves and I realize that it's only a few who are being so obnoxious; the silent majority don't hold by the same way of thinking.

I worry the whole four years the bigots and racists are organizing and will rush the polls to make sure that nigger doesn't get re-elected.  I worry there are enough of them to override those of us who recognize how much good the President did in his four years.

November 6, 2012:  I decide I don't want to be on the edge of my chair all night so I go to sleep about 8p; I've been fighting off fatigue all day.  8:30p:  my mom calls me and asks if I was asleep.  I tell her, "Yes, I didn't want to wait all night to see if the President gets re-elected."  Mom says, "You don't have to wait anymore."  I say, "What?!"  I can tell by her tone of voice the President didn't lose.  "The President won?!!"  "Yep."  "YES!"  I have to get online and gloat!"  "Okay, good night, hon."

I had to wait until 9p (pst) to hear the President's victory speech.  TG I didn't miss it.  There I was, trying not to cry but I cried.  I hadn't realized how fearful I was Romney was going to win by some weirdness along the lines of the 2000 general election because sisters, I didn't believe for a moment Al Gore wasn't going to win. 

My faith in Americans has been restored.  It's been so bad believing foreigners appreciated the Presidents more than his own country(wo)men.  But I was dead wrong.  There's more good guys than bad guys after all; the guy who trained me and other tellers how to spot a quick-change artist on my first bank job was right; most people are good and honest.  It's the 2% who make it bad for the rest of us.

God, I love this country and I love being American and I love all you wonderful Americans, even the misguided ones who didn't vote for the President.  I mean it.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
2 moms liked this

God help us all

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Let's not forget the poor unemployment rates for our flourishing and recovering economy!

Quoting foreverealty:

$9. Per gallon of gasoline and more foreclosures yay!!!

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree. Obamonomics are devastating to think about. He may be one man but he is one man who has not done anything productive to help the people who depend on him for change. Although, I suppose negative change is still change. All this crap about race is ridiculous. This should be about results. If any of us did so poorly at our jobs, we would be fired already. The good news is that his term will be over and we can get someone qualified in the office in four years, if we survive that long. America is going to be a third world country at this rate. 

Quoting Lisa1273:

Quoting loisl25:

I am really dissapointed. I stayed off cafemom most of the day because I couldn't deal with all the smug celabratory Obama posts I knew Id see. I'm truly scared for our country now, but I'm just hoping and praying I'm wrong about him, and he can do better for this country that the last four years.

Same feelings here momma.

mellowmommy64
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM

BUMP!

Pooobaihr
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MomWhoLiveGreen:

Anybody who voted for Obama has no right to complain about taxes, the cost of gas, the cost of food or anything else. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. You got what you wanted and I don't want to hear any belly aching!!!

This start of this gas and food hike began when Bush took office.  Please stop with the bull, you know this for a damn fact.  If Romney had taken office, shit wouldn't be any different and if anything it'd all cost even more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)