Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics
Obama won Ohio & is POTUS again, thank goodness!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Replies (401-410):
mygreengiraffe
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

whatever.  glad you guys are excited.  i'm already screwed by obama's policies from last time.  can't wait to see how else i'm gonna get screwed.  health insurance premiums increased $30 a month. deductible increased by $600 per year.  lost eye coverage - a bummer since my eyes are so bad lazer surgery can't fix them, my whole family has bad eyes.  we haven't been able to take our 8-year old to have his eyes checked even though he can't see the board at school - just can't pay for it w/o the insurance we used to have.  co-pay increased 15 bucks a shot - which means we just don't go to the doctor unless it's a life or death thing. price of prescriptions increased 10%.  which means my husband has been doing without absolutely necessary meds and just praying God keeps him healthy.  The company we work for is working through decisions about what to do with the rest of obamacare that's still coming down the pike.  hope they continue to provide insurance, because we sure won't be able to afford anything from any private company - not even whatever the gov't offers.  take home pay = $30k for 5 person family.  if they let the bush tax rates expire and don't make it better, we'll be closer to $20–25k take home pay.  so.  hallelujah.  let's rejoice that obama gets to do more damage.  

musher
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I didn't like the outcome of the election. I think it was possibly rigged so that he would win. There were a lot of people including our military that were not able to vote because they received their absentee ballots the day before the election. Obama  is not for America!

mimimom139
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!

supercarp
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Obama won, he is the president and as such he deserves respect. He is doing his best and I feel he cares about our country and he has surrounded himself with smart people who are doing a good job. Hillary Clinton did a great job as Sec. of State: I hope we get a good replacement.

Between elections, we need to all pull together as one nation for the good of us all. Make congress do it his way for 4 more years and quit obstructing for the purpose of getting power back. If we keep doing that, nothing will ever beaccomplished.

sugarsmom2
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

ok it over lets agree to shake hands and behave like human people are supposed to act . we have to work together for the greater good of the people . I understand i am doing a giggle inside . but will not rub it in . in time they will find out that he was and is a great  leader . give him the credit he deserves .

NYChicago
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Not sure how I feel. I hope things will get better in this country. I voted for Bugs Bunny! LOL!

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
bottom line is that Obama won Mitt Romney said he would end Obama,care keep the tax breaks the same, & etc. the American public with the popular vote and the electoral vote decided they wanted to do things Obama's way. so everyone in the Republican Party needs to learn how to work together with Obama and the Democrats because not only did we win the White House but we also picked up more seats in Congress.
2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting NYChicago:

Not sure how I feel. I hope things will get better in this country. I voted for Bugs Bunny! LOL!

Then you deserve whatever comes your way.

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
health insurance premiums have increased every year since way before Obama bush or Clinton were in office please do not blame Obama for the increase of your health insurance.

and if your husband loses his job its not because of Obama care it's because the employer did not want to keep him & will use any excuse to justify it.

Quoting mygreengiraffe:

whatever.  glad you guys are excited.  i'm already screwed by obama's policies from last time.  can't wait to see how else i'm gonna get screwed.  health insurance premiums increased $30 a month. deductible increased by $600 per year.  lost eye coverage - a bummer since my eyes are so bad lazer surgery can't fix them, my whole family has bad eyes.  we haven't been able to take our 8-year old to have his eyes checked even though he can't see the board at school - just can't pay for it w/o the insurance we used to have.  co-pay increased 15 bucks a shot - which means we just don't go to the doctor unless it's a life or death thing. price of prescriptions increased 10%.  which means my husband has been doing without absolutely necessary meds and just praying God keeps him healthy.  The company we work for is working through decisions about what to do with the rest of obamacare that's still coming down the pike.  hope they continue to provide insurance, because we sure won't be able to afford anything from any private company - not even whatever the gov't offers.  take home pay = $30k for 5 person family.  if they let the bush tax rates expire and don't make it better, we'll be closer to $20–25k take home pay.  so.  hallelujah.  let's rejoice that obama gets to do more damage.  

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM
3 moms liked this

YAY!!! Bend over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN