Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Times they are a changin'

Posted by   + Show Post

First openly gay Senator, legalized weed, legalized gay marriage in multiple states, Obama by a landslide!!! 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

I am proud to be an American tonight.

You make me sick! A president doesn't make someone proud to be an American! That statement just SPIT on every American service member there was! You weren't proud to be an American yesterday? You & Michelle Obama both need to be taught respect! How disgusting that comment really is! How uncaring & Rude it really is! Bring an American has nothing to do with the President! Patriotism has nothing to do with the President! It is our Military Not some 2012 politicians that should make us proud to be an American. They are the ones that keep our Freedoms. I can NOT believe that people can say such things, and really mean it. It is a sad sad world we live in. At least remember Veteran's Day is Sunday, the reason you really should be a Proud American.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

overreaction much? i wasn't talking about the presidential election, i was talking about several states passing huge laws

pull the stick out

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

You make me sick! A president doesn't make someone proud to be an American! That statement just SPIT on every American service member there was! You weren't proud to be an American yesterday? You & Michelle Obama both need to be taught respect! How disgusting that comment really is! How uncaring & Rude it really is! Bring an American has nothing to do with the President! Patriotism has nothing to do with the President! It is our Military Not some 2012 politicians that should make us proud to be an American. They are the ones that keep our Freedoms. I can NOT believe that people can say such things, and really mean it. It is a sad sad world we live in. At least remember Veteran's Day is Sunday, the reason you really should be a Proud American.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Obama is amazing I voted for the first time 4 years ago and voted the 2nd time yesterday. It feels good to know my vote made a difference and iam happy with my choice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

overreaction much? i wasn't talking about the presidential election, i was talking about several states passing huge laws

pull the stick out

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Same thing, Still should have been Proud to be An American Yesterday! It still is beyond disrespectful.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

let me break it down for you

i respect our troops. i don't have to respect the country they fight for, the country that doesn't care about them when they come home

I have that right.

I also have the right to be pissed off because people every day are being denied rights that they were promised in the declaration of independence. Thankfully, a few states changed that last night

I really do not give a damn what you or any other right winged nutjob thinks of me on this board. I have not been proud to be an American for a long time now. Last night, that changed

If that's disrespectful to you, then deal with it. You cannot and will not change my mind, and if I make you sick, then it looks like you have the problem, not me.

Grow up.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

pull the stick out

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Same thing, Still should have been Proud to be An American Yesterday! It still is beyond disrespectful.

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

let me break it down for you

i respect our troops. i don't have to respect the country they fight for, the country that doesn't care about them when they come home

I have that right.

I also have the right to be pissed off because people every day are being denied rights that they were promised in the declaration of independence. Thankfully, a few states changed that last night

I really do not give a damn what you or any other right winged nutjob thinks of me on this board. I have not been proud to be an American for a long time now. Last night, that changed

If that's disrespectful to you, then deal with it. You cannot and will not change my mind, and if I make you sick, then it looks like you have the problem, not me.

Grow up.

Not even close to a "Right Wing Nutjob". Independent Thank You. You have NO CLUE what I believe in or Don't. Where I stand or where I don't. HOWEVER, making horrible statements about being Proud to be an American is just horrible. If you hated it so bad being here, Why didn't you leave?

You are the one that needs to grow you. You have Proven that in your little speech.

What "RIGHTS" do you think people were being Denied? I always love when people think there were rights that people were given. Rights, ROFL. So, they were given these rights in 1776? They got them, then? So in the 1800's, they had these rights, then they were taken away huh? I bet you, Bush took them away right??? I bet. That is funny. I bet health care, thats a right too huh?  

rachelrothchild
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I am for everything but Obama being president.

Gay marriage was only legalized in two states this time around.  That's not "multiple".

NC_Mom_06
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM

throwing up 

2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 29again:

Yep.  This country is proving exactly how immoral it is.  Congrats.

It is a common thought process among many liberals that what is taking place is something they have been waiting for and in the making since the late 60's. The highly moral, those believers of an absolute right and wrong, those who don't mind change as long as its good for all, are dyeing off.

Once all the baby boomers are dead, liberals will be in hog heaven. Free to be their own little gods, free to act in any manner they choose.

nb34
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yes yes yes, there is hope!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)