Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Times they are a changin'

Posted by   + Show Post

First openly gay Senator, legalized weed, legalized gay marriage in multiple states, Obama by a landslide!!! 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM
They were granted the right to be equal in the constitution, free from the religion of others, and that sadly STILL hasn't been awarded to everyone. Healthcare is a right, but then, I realize many people raised here seem to think its something you should have to struggle for. I am not very proud to be an American, even after last night. I don't particularly like living here, never have, and will return home once I can. I was raised in a country where no one has to fight for and struggle to pay for excellent healthcare, and where the religion of a few doesn't dictate the laws of the land. Novel concept here, I know, but I am thankful every day that I wasn't raised here and have a home I can always return to.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

let me break it down for you

i respect our troops. i don't have to respect the country they fight for, the country that doesn't care about them when they come home

I have that right.

I also have the right to be pissed off because people every day are being denied rights that they were promised in the declaration of independence. Thankfully, a few states changed that last night

I really do not give a damn what you or any other right winged nutjob thinks of me on this board. I have not been proud to be an American for a long time now. Last night, that changed

If that's disrespectful to you, then deal with it. You cannot and will not change my mind, and if I make you sick, then it looks like you have the problem, not me.

Grow up.

Not even close to a "Right Wing Nutjob". Independent Thank You. You have NO CLUE what I believe in or Don't. Where I stand or where I don't. HOWEVER, making horrible statements about being Proud to be an American is just horrible. If you hated it so bad being here, Why didn't you leave?

You are the one that needs to grow you. You have Proven that in your little speech.

What "RIGHTS" do you think people were being Denied? I always love when people think there were rights that people were given. Rights, ROFL. So, they were given these rights in 1776? They got them, then? So in the 1800's, they had these rights, then they were taken away huh? I bet you, Bush took them away right??? I bet. That is funny. I bet health care, thats a right too huh?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvmyAiden
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Be gay, get high. Those things I could care less about. It's the Obama thing that gets me. I am truly afraid of what the next four years hold and what the future of my children will be. God help us through the next four years!

timeforprogress
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Please so not try to speak for us Veterans as if we are of one sound mind. I too have greater pride in my country today. Today, we begin again with a renewed hope for a more inclusive America.

I think perhaps like many people you confuse patriotism with nationalism. Patriots are critical and are capable of feeling disappointment.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

I am proud to be an American tonight.

You make me sick! A president doesn't make someone proud to be an American! That statement just SPIT on every American service member there was! You weren't proud to be an American yesterday? You & Michelle Obama both need to be taught respect! How disgusting that comment really is! How uncaring & Rude it really is! Bring an American has nothing to do with the President! Patriotism has nothing to do with the President! It is our Military Not some 2012 politicians that should make us proud to be an American. They are the ones that keep our Freedoms. I can NOT believe that people can say such things, and really mean it. It is a sad sad world we live in. At least remember Veteran's Day is Sunday, the reason you really should be a Proud American.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Landslide? Yeah...dont think so.

ValNeri
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe marijuana should only be for medicinal use, and that the regulations for obtaining a medical card should be way more strict than they are now. I have stoner friends who are 100% healthy and smoke weed, and find no problem smoking a joint before getting on the road.

As a mom, that REALLY bothers me.

All that aside, I am glad America is changing.

I'm glad that we ALL have a voice, that WILL be heard.

I'm humbled when I saw all the people at the Obama rallies of all different colors, shapes, sizes and sexual orientations standing together for our President.

I can sleep soundly knowing that the white and the wealthy will no longer have the power they used to to dictate my life.

I am PROUD to have voted Obama!

and seeing the tears roll down the faces of R-Money supporters made me giggle *just a little*

Equality for all Americans. We ARE moving FORWARD!

itsmesteph11
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Damn shameful for sure.  To think people actually want to bring kids up in this atmosphere.  No wonder we are where we are.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I'm relieved Obama won, not a big fan but Romney concerned me. I'm THRILLED about mj legalization in 2 states and gay marriage in 2 states. Not to mention Warren winning, West and Murdouck losing.

Now I just have to hope the pres and Congress will stop with the partisan BS and get some work done.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I'm not pro or anti Obama, I am a Let's see what he can do this time kinda mood.

As for the rest, I'm very happy about it

caito
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Last night was a great night for our side :D

(I won't say America because people will quote me and be like "I DON'T LIKE OBUMMER AND THE GAYS.")

Kim370
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Do the Repubs replying to this post need a tissue?   I mean, "Really?"   You guys think that there was no background check done on the President of the US?   Wow, and Repubs call Obama voters "stupid."

Btw, great post trippyhippy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)