Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Times they are a changin'

Posted by   + Show Post

First openly gay Senator, legalized weed, legalized gay marriage in multiple states, Obama by a landslide!!! 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Replies (71-77):
SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Thanks, thecoffeefairy.  I think you're right! shake hand

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

I think that is quite gracious seaking. peace. Perhaps we could all use a lesson in gracious winning and losing😀

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Are you saying you are proud of all these things you've stated above?  I respect how you feel.  I just don't condone it.  Apparently, though, the majority of Americans do.  You're right. Times sure are "a changin." And that's what scares me.  But congrats to the winner, President Obama.

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Unfortunately, I think for both sides many legal votes didn't get counted, some got counted twice, and still others were most definitely illegal votes.  This was the screwiest election that I've ever seen.  I think much about our voting system needs to be changed and consistent from state to state. 

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting trippyhippy:

They are saying Obama will probably end up with 303.  That's a landslide.

Quoting Paperfishies:

That race wasn't really a landslide.

If they ever call Florida, he will win even bigger than that. Those people stood in line for up to eight hours, so they could show the republicans, that they won't take them stealing the election again. Now they won't even call Florida. I really feel bad for the people in Florida, who are not getting their votes counted.

I agree with you. Next week, after the president, has had time to celebrate, I'm going to E-Mail him, and let him know, that we have to change the voting machines, or whatever is wrong with our system. I think we all have a right to vote, and I truly believe our votes should be counted. It's not fair. I think we should always have a fair election, no matter which person we want to win.

blues_pagan
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

All I have to say on these matters has already been said.

(now if only America would get on board!)

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

If you say so.  What was the final electoral college count?  Oh yeah 332 to 206.

Quoting Carpy:

No, I am not that stupid.

Quoting trippyhippy:

If it was the other way around you would be calling it a mandate.

Quoting Carpy:

we can say it all we want but by the actual voice of the people it was close.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Well lets just say it wasn't even close.

Quoting Carpy:

That is hardly a landslide. It has been a long time since we saw a landslide.

Quoting trippyhippy:

We sure as hell did!!!!!!!!  A freakin landslide!!!!!!!!

Quoting azaz:

WE DID IT TRIPPYHIPPY! And all that Voted for President Obama YES!!!!!! group hug

Quoting trippyhippy:

Sometimes when you push too hard it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Quoting 29again:

Yep.  This country is proving exactly how immoral it is.  Congrats.

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Write to your congressman.  Or better yet, start a petition and then send IT to your congressman.  Either way, great job doing something about it!

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Unfortunately, I think for both sides many legal votes didn't get counted, some got counted twice, and still others were most definitely illegal votes.  This was the screwiest election that I've ever seen.  I think much about our voting system needs to be changed and consistent from state to state. 

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting trippyhippy:

They are saying Obama will probably end up with 303.  That's a landslide.

Quoting Paperfishies:

That race wasn't really a landslide.

If they ever call Florida, he will win even bigger than that. Those people stood in line for up to eight hours, so they could show the republicans, that they won't take them stealing the election again. Now they won't even call Florida. I really feel bad for the people in Florida, who are not getting their votes counted.

I agree with you. Next week, after the president, has had time to celebrate, I'm going to E-Mail him, and let him know, that we have to change the voting machines, or whatever is wrong with our system. I think we all have a right to vote, and I truly believe our votes should be counted. It's not fair. I think we should always have a fair election, no matter which person we want to win.

2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Damn shameful for sure.  To think people actually want to bring kids up in this atmosphere.  No wonder we are where we are.

It's no surprise to me that people want to bring their children up as self-superior, self-governing, selfish, immoral individuals. We tend to raise our children the way we know. 

What you are going to start seeing though is more and more division in families. Because in some families you will have a child or children that will oppose the ideals and the liberal characteristics of their parents, for this many parents will disown their conservative children because they will be a disappointment to them. True. I've already seen it.

MommaRoseT
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Woot woot!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN