Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Aftermath Analysis : Republicans - who do you blame most for the loss?

Posted by   + Show Post

Republicans - who do you blame most for the loss?    Order the following from BIGGEST INFLUENCE to LEAST INFLUENCE:

eg:

BIGGEST INFLUENCE

• The last minute improved job figures
  • Sandy
  • Chris Christie
  • Third party voters and "Jesus" write ins
  • The religious wing
  • The 1% wing
  • The leaked 47% recording
  • Biased media
  • Fraudulent voting
  • The perception of there being a war on women
  • The debates
  • Romney
  • Ryan
  • Not enough money to get the message over
  • It was the electorate's fault for being blind or greedy
  • Fate or Predestination
  • Satan's will
  • God's will
  • President Obama did well
  • Bush
  • The economic crisis under Bush (eg bankers/homeowners/etc)
  • Immigrants
  • Homosexuals
  • The campaign tacticians who decided how to divide Romney's warchest
  • Particular policies in the platform (please specify)
  • Poor communication

LEAST INFLUENCE

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
.Peaches.
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not a Rep, but I think the media circus that surrounded the nomination of a candidate for the Rep party is a large chunk of why they didn't win- they went from candidate to canditate faster than most people go through socks. And their was some kind of scandal linked to every one them.

Nobody wants to vote for a party....or ANYONE...who looks like they can't get their act together, and that's the appearance it took on for me.

I think the Reps are very out of touch with what's going on in the world today, and how much its changed and diversified....if you want the vote, you've got to be in touch with the people and speak to the issues that plague THEM.

mnmomusa
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Quoting Clairwil:

Republicans - who do you blame most for the loss?    Order the following from BIGGEST INFLUENCE to LEAST INFLUENCE:

I'm going to go 1-26 biggest to least

eg:

BIGGEST INFLUENCE

• The last minute improved job figures
  • Sandy  5
  • Chris Christie
  • Third party voters and "Jesus" write ins 2
  • The religious wing
  • The 1% wing
  • The leaked 47% recording  4
  • Biased media 3
  • Fraudulent voting
  • The perception of there being a war on women 1 many women seemed to vote for obama fearing losing women's rights
  • The debates
  • Romney
  • Ryan
  • Not enough money to get the message over
  • It was the electorate's fault for being blind or greedy
  • Fate or Predestination
  • Satan's will
  • God's will
  • President Obama did well
  • Bush
  • The economic crisis under Bush (eg bankers/homeowners/etc)
  • Immigrants
  • Homosexuals
  • The campaign tacticians who decided how to divide Romney's warchest
  • Particular policies in the platform (please specify)
  • Poor communication

LEAST INFLUENCE

***Nevermind, I'm not going to do it like that.  I think the percieved "war on women" was huge.  They should've spent more time debunking that.  The 47% comment obviously had an effect on a lot of people. Third party voters I think always have an effect on the elections.  Obama did well with Sandy, so that hlped him.

I think a lot of people were freaked out about the Morman thing. And yes the media was biased and that could effect the outcome.  I think Romney needed to seperate his foreign policy from Obama's in the last debate and talk more a bout libya.

rachelrothchild
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I blame the party.  They sunk their own ship by nominating someone who couldn't beat Obama.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I appreciate your honesty and candor. and really respect you for it.  I voted for Obama, but am not a dedicated Democrat.  (On my ballot yesterday, I voted for candidates from the Democrat, Republican and Green parties.  I go by the indvidual and have never voted party line).  But I've been waiting for someone, anyone to admit that Romney was a poor choice.  I honestly don't know who would've been better, but that's not my job.  He was a dud and his own base was only mildly lukewarm about him.  And the sooner Republicans admit that, the sooner they can make a true effort at winning back the White House. 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Honestly I blame the party as a whole for not getting on message from the beginning and backing a candidate 100%. Romney was not most people's first choice. Nominating him was a mistake. There was a reason he didn't get the nod last time. Why I don't know. Just not likable enough I guess or people didn't dislike obama enough.

sneffy014
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I am a Democrat but I did not vote for Obama this time around. I was disappointed in his first term and I don't like the direction he is taking this country. I don't agree with most of the Republican ideology but since the economy was a hot button issue for me along with Israel and Libya, I felt Romney was the right choice for me this election. That being said, I think the demographics of the entire country have changed and I think race played a factor. I don't think Romney was as relatable to the public as Obama.  I think more people are getting government assistance now and they are afraid a Republican president would take that away. I hope Obama does well this term as it would be best for everyone. I don't hold any hard feelings. My candidate lost, life goes on.

ambertreas76
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM
4 moms liked this

I blame un-informed American citizens who did not fact check what has occured in the past 4 years.  Today I pray that President Obama will fix what has gone wrong.  At this point I have absolutely no faith in him.

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I can only tell you why I did not vote for Romney.  And that is a GOP that needs to reform  itself.

They are to far right for most peole in the United States at this time.

I did not Trust Romney based on his on going changing his mind and have no clear stance on anything.  Did not like what you heard wait a mintue that will change.

But mostly I blame the GOP itself for it failure in leadership over the last 4 years their unwillingness to work for the American People.

Hopefully this a message to them as it was to the Demacrats in the Mid Term electoins last time. Thing need to change and we elect them to work for us and exprect more from Both Sided of the Idle. 

I was watching the results and over and over again it was brought up that the GOP is out of touch with no real leadership and they back someone who I did not feel was gong to be a Strong leader. They did not really even want Romney.

Warms my heart whoever to see that Election cannot be bought since they out spent Obama 3 to 1 in most states.  Restores a bit of my faith that America is not for Sale to the highest bidder.

.Peaches.
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sneffy014:

I am a Democrat but I did not vote for Obama this time around. I was disappointed in his first term and I don't like the direction he is taking this country. I don't agree with most of the Republican ideology but since the economy was a hot button issue for me along with Israel and Libya, I felt Romney was the right choice for me this election. That being said, I think the demographics of the entire country have changed and I think race played a factor. I don't think Romney was as relatable to the public as Obama.  I think more people are getting government assistance now and they are afraid a Republican president would take that away. I hope Obama does well this term as it would be best for everyone. I don't hold any hard feelings. My candidate lost, life goes on.

You don't think that more people are recieving assistance because, oh I don't know...the economy is still bad? Bad economy= more people that need help. Good economy= less people that need help.

And don't even think its easy to GET the assistance. You wouldn't believe the hoops you have to jump through. *cringe*

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
To me, anyone that wrapped in their religion is a problem because I don't want decisions made through that prism, and I think they will be. The biggest problem with Romney is Romney. Think back to the primaries. There wasn't great enthusiasm for him to be the candidate; let's face it, Romney became the nominee because he wanted it the most. That doesn't bode well for success in the general election.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Do you think Romney's Mormonism factored in for you? I know it did for me, and it probably did for a lot of other fiscal conservatives. (Not to mention his taxes and those stupid gaffes.)

Another mom on here talked about Romney's relatability. I think I, as a Libertarian, could have seen past that religious gunk if he would have been stronger in other areas. But he was just weak. He's a good businessman, he makes people money, but I just couldn't see him as a president. Not that Obama is the quintessential president or anything, but I'm sure you see what I'm saying.

I think that "war on women" had some merit to it, too. I think some Republicans were too quick to dismiss the Republican platform on what's been called "women's issues" in favor of "more pressing issues." But if your social platform involves the criminalization of abortion, and then you have morons talking out of their asses about rape and God, well, I don't see a much more pressing issue than that. I think that was evidenced in Akin and Mourdock losing.

Quoting romalove:

I am a registered Republican who voted third party. The answer is the party shifted too far right, demanding a religious bent, and extreme social conservatism. They made no effort to keep people like me, who are fiscally conservative and socially more liberal and they made no effort to woo independents. They cannot win until they moderate.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sneffy014
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting sneffy014:

You don't think that more people are recieving assistance because, oh I don't know...the economy is still bad? Bad economy= more people that need help. Good economy= less people that need help.

And don't even think its easy to GET the assistance. You wouldn't believe the hoops you have to jump through. *cringe*

Yes, I think the economy is bad. That is why I voted for Romney this time. I thought he would be the better choice to boost the economy. I am not better off. I live in a state with nearly 9% unemployment. I think Americans have shifted from asking themselves "What can I do for my country?", to a nation of "What can my country do for me?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN