Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Aftermath Analysis : Republicans - who do you blame most for the loss?

Posted by   + Show Post

Republicans - who do you blame most for the loss?    Order the following from BIGGEST INFLUENCE to LEAST INFLUENCE:

eg:

BIGGEST INFLUENCE

• The last minute improved job figures
  • Sandy
  • Chris Christie
  • Third party voters and "Jesus" write ins
  • The religious wing
  • The 1% wing
  • The leaked 47% recording
  • Biased media
  • Fraudulent voting
  • The perception of there being a war on women
  • The debates
  • Romney
  • Ryan
  • Not enough money to get the message over
  • It was the electorate's fault for being blind or greedy
  • Fate or Predestination
  • Satan's will
  • God's will
  • President Obama did well
  • Bush
  • The economic crisis under Bush (eg bankers/homeowners/etc)
  • Immigrants
  • Homosexuals
  • The campaign tacticians who decided how to divide Romney's warchest
  • Particular policies in the platform (please specify)
  • Poor communication

LEAST INFLUENCE

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
.Peaches.
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sneffy014:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting sneffy014:

I am a Democrat but I did not vote for Obama this time around. I was disappointed in his first term and I don't like the direction he is taking this country. I don't agree with most of the Republican ideology but since the economy was a hot button issue for me along with Israel and Libya, I felt Romney was the right choice for me this election. That being said, I think the demographics of the entire country have changed and I think race played a factor. I don't think Romney was as relatable to the public as Obama.  I think more people are getting government assistance now and they are afraid a Republican president would take that away. I hope Obama does well this term as it would be best for everyone. I don't hold any hard feelings. My candidate lost, life goes on.

You don't think that more people are recieving assistance because, oh I don't know...the economy is still bad? Bad economy= more people that need help. Good economy= less people that need help.

And don't even think its easy to GET the assistance. You wouldn't believe the hoops you have to jump through. *cringe*

Yes, I think the economy is bad. That is why I voted for Romney this time. I thought he would be the better choice to boost the economy. I am not better off. I live in a state with nearly 9% unemployment. I think Americans have shifted from asking themselves "What can I do for my country?", to a nation of "What can my country do for me?"

Some, not all, I'm not totally disagreeing with you there. Too many lazy people nowadays. Personally, I'd rather be given a hand UP, not a hand OUT, but at the present time, I'm grateful for the assistance I am recieving, because without it, as single parent with three little ones, I would be in far worse shape than I am now. I don't know how it is with other states, but here, they give you barely enough to survive on (not counting FS, that's pretty generous...I usually end up, most months, going to the grocery story and buying food for some of the local food pantries). But I'm also going back to school and heavy into volunteering instead of just sitting around on my behind watching TV all day and sucking up government resources- I wish I could say more people are doing the same. I also live in a state with pretty high unemployment- it was 9% here too, last time I checked. But also factored into that unemployment rate is the people who have just stopped looking because they've given up.

I really, honestly believe that Obama should take a page from FDR and CREATE new jobs and programs to help people get jobs instead of waiting on them to 'bounce back'. Creating jobs and programs like FDR did is what stimulated the ecomony and got us out of the Depression.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this
Why look to blame? That's something Obama does best. I'm looking to hold the president, D.C. accountable for what they are doing to America.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sneffy014:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting sneffy014:

I am a Democrat but I did not vote for Obama this time around. I was disappointed in his first term and I don't like the direction he is taking this country. I don't agree with most of the Republican ideology but since the economy was a hot button issue for me along with Israel and Libya, I felt Romney was the right choice for me this election. That being said, I think the demographics of the entire country have changed and I think race played a factor. I don't think Romney was as relatable to the public as Obama.  I think more people are getting government assistance now and they are afraid a Republican president would take that away. I hope Obama does well this term as it would be best for everyone. I don't hold any hard feelings. My candidate lost, life goes on.

You don't think that more people are recieving assistance because, oh I don't know...the economy is still bad? Bad economy= more people that need help. Good economy= less people that need help.

And don't even think its easy to GET the assistance. You wouldn't believe the hoops you have to jump through. *cringe*

Yes, I think the economy is bad. That is why I voted for Romney this time. I thought he would be the better choice to boost the economy. I am not better off. I live in a state with nearly 9% unemployment. I think Americans have shifted from asking themselves "What can I do for my country?", to a nation of "What can my country do for me?"

I totally agree with this.  It's come to the point where it's more rewarding to take a hand out than to work hard and take care of one's self.  Of course I know there are a lot of people that would much rather be taking care of themself but can't find a good paying job. 

jcrew6
by Jenney on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Or perhaps you should open this up to dems too.. MSNBC'S MATTHEWS: 'I'M SO GLAD WE HAD THAT STORM LAST WEEK'
Wow. He essentially thanks a storm that killed Americans for helping Obama win.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Exactly this, word-for-word.

Quoting romalove:

I am a registered Republican who voted third party. The answer is the party shifted too far right, demanding a religious bent, and extreme social conservatism. They made no effort to keep people like me, who are fiscally conservative and socially more liberal and they made no effort to woo independents. They cannot win until they moderate.

RutterMama
by Tia on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM
5 moms liked this

I blame the uneducated children and women. Period. People are voting based on what they are hearing.

RutterMama
by Tia on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting sneffy014:

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting sneffy014:

I totally agree with this.  It's come to the point where it's more rewarding to take a hand out than to work hard and take care of one's self.  Of course I know there are a lot of people that would much rather be taking care of themself but can't find a good paying job. 

Exactly. It used to be embarassing to have any sort of entitlements - wether it be housing, food stamps, wic, medicad... Now it's a way of life for SOOOOO many people. Just very, very sad.

Join Us For A Great Time In the Craft Cafe!

Visit My Blog ~ Hart Of Karen Creations

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM
5 moms liked this
This, I agree with.

Quoting JavaMom2one:

Do we have to pick from that list?  This is a legitimate question, yes?

Personally, nothing on that list fits my guess.

I think what "hurt" Romney was that so many literally believed the scare tactics of the other side over women's rights etc... under a Romney Presidency.

I think it shows the number of younger votes, because as a person who has seen many elections now, and heard all those same arguments over the years about how if elected so-n-so is going to take us back in time with woman's rights, I no longer even give those claims credit.  I see them for what they truly are, scare tactics.

However, I think the younger, less experienced voter,  actually believed the scare tactics used by certain parties.

So while I sort of select women's right issues as a key factor in the outcome of this election, I actually think it's more due to the less experienced voter who actually believed bogus scare tactics that have been used in so many elections prior.

P.S.  Let me add I'm neither a dedicated Democrat nor Republican.... simply a voter very disappointed in Obama and what he's done and NOT done for our country as a whole.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Honestly I blame the party as a whole for not getting on message from the beginning and backing a candidate 100%. Romney was not most people's first choice. Nominating him was a mistake. There was a reason he didn't get the nod last time. Why I don't know. Just not likable enough I guess or people didn't dislike obama enough.

How would any party as a whole back one candidate from the start?

That only ever happens if a sitting vice president runs, each party will have a primary process, just the same for 2016.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting ambertreas76:

I blame un-informed American citizens who did not fact check what has occured in the past 4 years.  Today I pray that President Obama will fix what has gone wrong.  At this point I have absolutely no faith in him.

(1) 1 fraud

(2) The truth simply doesn't matter to 1/2 the country.

Save your prayers, Obama doesn't wish to fix the country, the country is on the path of his choosing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN