Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Congratulations to the Democrats and Young People! You now own it. 

"The next terrorist attack you own it. Can't get a job after graduation, you own it. Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it. A nuclear Iran, you own it. Bowing to the Soviet Union, you own it. Another severe recession, you own it. A volatile border with Mexico, you own it. Trouble getting good health care, you own it. Higher heath insurance costs and health care costs, you own it. No budget, you own it. Our allies mistrust, you own it. Another trillion of debt, you own it. More Benghazi situations, you own it. No one willing to join the military, you own it. Trouble getting a loan to buy a home, you own it. More dependency on food stamps, you own it. Trouble finding good employment, you own it. Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it. A World Government, you own it. The UN governing the United States 

instead of ourselves, you own it. A Senate that will not bring any legislation to the table rather it is "Dead on Arrival", you own it. China controlling our world trade trampling all over us, you own it. Loss of our freedoms as we have known it in the past, you own it. A dictatorship instead of a democracy that follows the Constitution, you own it. Less take home pay and higher living costs, you own it. Driving a car that looks like a toy, you own it. More government corruption and lies, you own it. More toleration of extreme and fanatical Islamist's, you own it. Terrorist attacks called work place incidents, you own it. Your revenge instead of love of country, you own it. President George Bush is out of it now, and there is not another good man for you to vilify and lie about. In a way I am relieved that another good man will not be blamed when it was impossible to clean up this mess you voted for. 

Have a good day. God bless the United States and Texas! God is our hope now."
- Renee Price
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
kag1212
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Its illegal to refuse care. You can come in with no insurance what so ever they have to take you. I work in a hospital. Here now actually!

Quoting Canvas_says:

And my grandmother is 89 years old and recovering from a bout with Breast Cancer and skin cancer. The new Medicare mandates have now made it where if she becomes ill after treatment that the hospitals will be fined for admitting her within a time frame. So, now the hospitals have to refuse care for their bottom line. 

Quoting acrogodess:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Sure it's illegal to refuse care, and yet they are being told that if they have patients that rebound too quickly they will be heavily fined for that. So what does this lead to? Passive care, sending people home with prescription bottles instead of supervision. Hospitals don't make a ton of money, it's not as though these penalties aren't going to affect their bottom line so you will see more elderly being treated half heartedly.

Quoting kag1212:

Its illegal to refuse care. You can come in with no insurance what so ever they have to take you. I work in a hospital. Here now actually!

Quoting Canvas_says:

And my grandmother is 89 years old and recovering from a bout with Breast Cancer and skin cancer. The new Medicare mandates have now made it where if she becomes ill after treatment that the hospitals will be fined for admitting her within a time frame. So, now the hospitals have to refuse care for their bottom line. 

Quoting acrogodess:

kag1212
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Ive never heard of such a thing but if I could prove that was going on with my family member id be getting an attorney
kag1212
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Also I don't see how that can even work when there's treatments that don't work tor some people. Some times you know right away other some longer but cancer and treatments are very unpredictable.

Quoting kag1212:

Ive never heard of such a thing but if I could prove that was going on with my family member id be getting an attorney

Raintree
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Bush didn't read the brief! And he should have, because it could have been stopped.

Tell me skmweraksglm, what happened in September of 2008 while President Bush was still in office?

Your main issue is that your 'side' is incapable of accepting blame for what you do. In my mind, I think there is plenty of blame to go around, but I don't think you quite have the self reflection for that.

Quoting skmehlebam:

Nope, that was Clinton's fault. Bush had only been in the WH for 9 months :D

Quoting Raintree:

Pitiful, sad little loser you are, OP.

Good to know that we can now say Bush and everyone who voted for him owns the attack on 9/11/01 now, because you can't have it both ways.

Raintree
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
5 moms liked this

pj, are you twelve? What happened during Bush's tenure? Do you recall?

Here, I'll give you a little hint: 9/11, Anthrax, two wars, 7 attacks on embassies resulting in 31 deaths, March 2008 and Bear Stearns, moral hazard in September of 2008 and Lehman brothers, a flat out melt down, begging for bailouts and away he went.

You own that.

sammygrl77
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Well, thanks for typing that out so I don't have to:)

Quoting acrogodess:

My grandma is 72 almost 73 and still working full time and paying into the system. If she stops working simply to collect her social security benefits, she won't be able to pay her rent and she'll earn too much in social security to qualify for Medicaid as a secondary health insurance to her Medicare and too much to get food stamps. She'll end up having to choose between her meds and her food, like my 78 yr old grandmother already does. It's disgusting how little this country cares for their elderly. Both my grandmothers are conservative, but ended up voting Democrat because of the speeches calling for Medicare reform and social security reform. If McCain had not chosen Palin as his running mate, it would've been likely that we would've been celebrating his reelection instead as i was strongly leaning towards him at first. I do not claim either party. I vote with who fits more with what i feel strongly about. Do i think there should be stricter guidelines for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid? Yes. I think they should be for the working poor, not people without jobs for years on end. I think the truly disabled should be awarded actual living payments, not something that amounts to less than minimum wage. I think children, the elderly and disabled should be cared for, but an able bodied adult should be employed and if they don't have a job, in order to motivate them, as they receive assistance have them clean the highways, streets and parks. Have them clean graffit, scrape gum off of park benches, clean up the dog poop people leave behind. If they don't show up for their scheduled hours, dock them for that day's "pay".

Quoting Canvas_says:

I want the elderly taken care of as well, they did earn it. They do not deserve how they are being treated right now. And unfortunately since we didn't even try to fix it well, consider it gone. I consider means tested welfare an entitlement issue not things that people paid into for 50 years and than start collecting on that. But our nation has taken all that money and wasted it on "government spending" and left people in my mothers age range with out anything to look forward to. I am still young enough that I can put all my money into investments and savings since the Medicare and Social Security system won't be there in another 40 years. 

Quoting acrogodess:

I don't see wanting to take care of the nation's elderly as an entitlement issue and I never will. Romney lost the campaign as soon as he mentioned changing things like social security and Medicare which our nation's elderly worked for years and years and paid into for decades. They should be taken care of considering it is their money that earned interest and was used to pay for things. It is not their fault that the government, both Republican and Democrats alike have run up the national deficit. They were made promises that if they paid into these things it would be there to care for them.

Quoting Canvas_says:

Well, I'm confused since I didn't call it an obamaphone, or make any reference to having it been started from him I don't know how that makes me responsible for perpetrating false propaganda. The video that is up here is an Obama supporter so clearly your issue is with her talking about how Obama will give them all phones. I still support that it's an entitlement program which is being abused. 

Quoting acrogodess:

It was created to help the elderly and others with low income in order for them to have phone access in order to access their doctors, child's school Etc. For you to perpetuate it as the Obama phone as if it was started under him is to purposefully spread false propaganda and just makes you sound stupid. I cannot stand when people cannot do simple fact checking before spreading lies.

Quoting Canvas_says:

So because it was started under the Reagan administration, we aren't suppose to consider it an entitlement issue? 

Quoting acrogodess:

are you idiots still going on about the so called Obama phone? Educate yourselves. The free and low cost phone service was actually established under Republican president Reagan. It is not paid for out of income taxes, but by a tax everyone who pays for their own cell phone or landline pays for. It has nothing to do with Obama except that the cracked out lady in the video referred to it as an "Obama phone".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
And??

That doesn't mean they get good care, all the testing needed, or the bedside manner.

Quoting kag1212:

Quoting Canvas_says:

Quoting acrogodess:

rnchelle93
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Yes, because everything from global warming to cancer to is the fault of the president, and just the president. It's a tiny bit more complicated than that. But yes, I am a young college student (19) who voted for Obama, and I am thrilled he won. I graduate in May, and I already have a guaranteed position after I graduate, and I will never have any trouble finding a job. I didn't vote for revenge. my future welfare recipient status is not my fault though, and it won't be a long dependence, just until I am able to support myself and my baby, which is due in May. But if it makes you keep better to blame everything on Obama because you don't realize how government and world politics work, then go right ahead. It's kind of cute :) sad, but cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Wait, aren't you also the individual who thinks women shouldn't work? This post makes sense now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)