Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

http://www.blogher.com/reality-bites-lessons-learned-november-6th

Democrats had an amazing election night, so much so one would think Republicans would be doing some serious soul searching. Instead what are we hearing?

• We lost our momentum due to Sandy
• Our country is made up of more “takers” than “makers” with those takers just wanting free stuff.
• We weren’t anti-abortion enough
• The liberal media is in the bag for Obama
• Democrats suppressed the vote

Nothing in their assessment questions why their policies do not appeal to the majority of Americans.

They were truly shocked at the results. Their polls had Romney winning, keeping the House and taking the Senate. While they did keep the House, they lost seats even after massive re-districting to assure Republican control. All of the rightwing news media and pundits had them convinced of this winning scenario and with the advent of Citizens United, the hundreds of millions spent by Rove’s Super Pac, the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson, how could they lose?

You only need to look at their reality to understand why the Republicans were so surprised by the outcome.  Rachel Maddow and Bill Maher define the world in which they exist a “bubble”. You decide.

I really agreed with this and think that both sides can take a page from this book.  Do a bit of soul searching and maybe you will come up with some answers instead of blaming.

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
celestegood
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this

In all honesty, he ran a poorly thought and run campaign.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

As I said in another post, they like to say the left blames bush when things go bad, but they are blaming Romney's loss on everyone and everything other than the person who is truly responsible: Romney.

He is the reason why he lost. No one else. Maybe next time he will learn to keep his foot out of his mouth

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Again, another excuse "we didn't really mean those excuses"..but OK..I have more:

"The republicans didn't co-operate"

"It's G.W.'s fault"

"We're still trying to pay off 2 wars"

What's Obama's excuse for loosing millions with Solyndra? Republicans? The economy? GW?

Quoting stringtheory:

Oh please, the sample "excuses" you are giving were tongue-in-cheek and you know it. The left plainly admits that Obama just did poorly the first debate.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Funny, because when Obama preformed dismally at the first debate, they were giving excuses from..."it's his 20th anniversary" to "it's the altitude"...

Ssooo it's ONLY ok for dems and Obama to give "excuses" and not republicans?

It's the same thing, Obama "changes his mind" and "evolves" Romney "flip flops"...

Double standard.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. If Obama wants to be an exemplar of bipartisan-ship..then maybe having some republicans/libertarians/independants on his staff and cabinet.

How about selecting the best person for the job regardless of party?

It'll never happen, but that's how it should be.

Quoting celestegood:

That's funny, because I'm liberal and never made excuses as to why Obama did poorly in the first debate.  In fact, I was on here in a post about just that (written by a republican) and she asked what excuses I have.

And I told her none!  What the hell, do I look psychic?  I don't know why, and honestly, why would I waste my time making excuses for someone I do not know?

Bottom line here, is that the country needs to get past the BULLSHIT, and start working together!  This isn't republican vs. democrat, its a melting pot and if we are going to fix what's wrong, we need to stop the shit and work together!!!!!!!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Funny, because when Obama preformed dismally at the first debate, they were giving excuses from..."it's his 20th anniversary" to "it's the altitude"...

It's the same thing, Obama "changes his mind" and "evolves" Romney "flip flops"...

Double standard.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

what we call honesty, these people call biased opinions.

can't win either way

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

As I said in another post, they like to say the left blames bush when things go bad, but they are blaming Romney's loss on everyone and everything other than the person who is truly responsible: Romney.

He is the reason why he lost. No one else. Maybe next time he will learn to keep his foot out of his mouth

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Romney worked WITH dems and republicans when he was gov of MA.

Why can't Obama?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

To be fair, Obama really only had control of the House and Senate for something like 29 days.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

The solution would be no more excuses..how about taking responsibility and being accountable.

Romney--for moving jobs to China, which by the way he is NOT the only business man/corporation to do so.

Obama--for not doing much when he had democratic control of congress, and resting on his laurels for passing Obamacare. (which should be called Kennedycare because national healthcare was his baby)

Quoting blues_pagan:

If you noticed  I noted at the bottom that both sides can take a page from this.  Stop pointing fingers and start coming up with solutions.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Double standard.

celestegood
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Very much agree.  And I would like to see both parties in the house/senate work with each other better. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I agree. If Obama wants to be an exemplar of bipartisan-ship..then maybe having some republicans/libertarians/independants on his staff and cabinet.

How about selecting the best person for the job regardless of party?

It'll never happen, but that's how it should be.

Quoting celestegood:

That's funny, because I'm liberal and never made excuses as to why Obama did poorly in the first debate.  In fact, I was on here in a post about just that (written by a republican) and she asked what excuses I have.

And I told her none!  What the hell, do I look psychic?  I don't know why, and honestly, why would I waste my time making excuses for someone I do not know?

Bottom line here, is that the country needs to get past the BULLSHIT, and start working together!  This isn't republican vs. democrat, its a melting pot and if we are going to fix what's wrong, we need to stop the shit and work together!!!!!!!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Double standard.

celestegood
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

To be fair, republicans in congress have been fairly verbal in their unwillingness to work with Obama.

On another token, I'm sure he could employ better tactics to get them to work together.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Romney worked WITH dems and republicans when he was gov of MA.

Why can't Obama?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

To be fair, Obama really only had control of the House and Senate for something like 29 days.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

The solution would be no more excuses..how about taking responsibility and being accountable.

Romney--for moving jobs to China, which by the way he is NOT the only business man/corporation to do so.

Obama--for not doing much when he had democratic control of congress, and resting on his laurels for passing Obamacare. (which should be called Kennedycare because national healthcare was his baby)

Quoting blues_pagan:

If you noticed  I noted at the bottom that both sides can take a page from this.  Stop pointing fingers and start coming up with solutions.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Double standard.

celestegood
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

what we call honesty, these people call biased opinions.

can't win either way

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

That wasn't an excuse. It was a clarification for what you decided was an excuse. As for the others, Republicans were very open about the unwillingness to cooperate, the goal being that Obama doesn't accomplish anything. And two wars ARE expensive, are they not? Those aren't excuses, they are observations. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Again, another excuse "we didn't really mean those excuses"..but OK..I have more:

"The republicans didn't co-operate"

"It's G.W.'s fault"

"We're still trying to pay off 2 wars"

What's Obama's excuse for loosing millions with Solyndra? Republicans? The economy? GW?

Quoting stringtheory:

Oh please, the sample "excuses" you are giving were tongue-in-cheek and you know it. The left plainly admits that Obama just did poorly the first debate.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Double standard.

broncfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

You are right, we all need to except the outcome and move on.

This is a JOKE, I am not telling any of you to kiss my ass or anything else, I thought it was funny. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN