Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

http://www.blogher.com/reality-bites-lessons-learned-november-6th

Democrats had an amazing election night, so much so one would think Republicans would be doing some serious soul searching. Instead what are we hearing?

• We lost our momentum due to Sandy
• Our country is made up of more “takers” than “makers” with those takers just wanting free stuff.
• We weren’t anti-abortion enough
• The liberal media is in the bag for Obama
• Democrats suppressed the vote

Nothing in their assessment questions why their policies do not appeal to the majority of Americans.

They were truly shocked at the results. Their polls had Romney winning, keeping the House and taking the Senate. While they did keep the House, they lost seats even after massive re-districting to assure Republican control. All of the rightwing news media and pundits had them convinced of this winning scenario and with the advent of Citizens United, the hundreds of millions spent by Rove’s Super Pac, the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson, how could they lose?

You only need to look at their reality to understand why the Republicans were so surprised by the outcome.  Rachel Maddow and Bill Maher define the world in which they exist a “bubble”. You decide.

I really agreed with this and think that both sides can take a page from this book.  Do a bit of soul searching and maybe you will come up with some answers instead of blaming.

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I think both parties need to do some soul searching because by the popular vote it really wasn't a landslide and I heard so many people saying they were choosing the lesser of two evils.  I honestly believe a lot of Americans were unhappy with either choice this election. 

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Corrupt media......that is all of the soul searching that needs to be done.....Is how are we going to get around the corrupt media? 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I agree with you that liberals and conservatives need to work together. This always happened to a much greater degree than the past 4 years. Obama needs to lead as the president he is, not turfing his leadership to Congress.

Finding and dealing wth the reasons for the loss is not the same as making excuses. Making excuses means not taking responsibility. It is taking responsibility to determine the reasons, and seeking to limit or eliminate them going forward.  

Quoting celestegood:

That's funny, because I'm liberal and never made excuses as to why Obama did poorly in the first debate.  In fact, I was on here in a post about just that (written by a republican) and she asked what excuses I have.

And I told her none!  What the hell, do I look psychic?  I don't know why, and honestly, why would I waste my time making excuses for someone I do not know?

Bottom line here, is that the country needs to get past the BULLSHIT, and start working together!  This isn't republican vs. democrat, its a melting pot and if we are going to fix what's wrong, we need to stop the shit and work together!!!!!!!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Funny, because when Obama preformed dismally at the first debate, they were giving excuses from..."it's his 20th anniversary" to "it's the altitude"...

Ssooo it's ONLY ok for dems and Obama to give "excuses" and not republicans?

It's the same thing, Obama "changes his mind" and "evolves" Romney "flip flops"...

Double standard.

Oceana09
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Funny, because when Obama preformed dismally at the first debate, they were giving excuses from..."it's his 20th anniversary" to "it's the altitude"...

It's the same thing, Obama "changes his mind" and "evolves" Romney "flip flops"...

Double standard.

I'm pretty sure at the bottom of her post she said that she thinks both parties should take a page from the book and do some soul searching. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
celestegood
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Well, part of me wants to say that if we demand a fairer media, we will get it....eventually.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Corrupt media......that is all of the soul searching that needs to be done.....Is how are we going to get around the corrupt media? 

celestegood
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM

So agree.  We need to get it together and deal with these issues that we are facing as a nation.

It's to our best benefit to do so.  I would like to see congress do so, we'll see if they do or if they continue to act like errant toddlers.

Quoting SallyMJ:

I agree with you that liberals and conservatives need to work together. This always happened to a much greater degree than the past 4 years. Obama needs to lead as the president he is, not turfing his leadership to Congress.

Finding and dealing wth the reasons for the loss is not the same as making excuses. Making excuses means not taking responsibility. It is taking responsibility to determine the reasons, and seeking to limit or eliminate them going forward.  

Quoting celestegood:

That's funny, because I'm liberal and never made excuses as to why Obama did poorly in the first debate.  In fact, I was on here in a post about just that (written by a republican) and she asked what excuses I have.

And I told her none!  What the hell, do I look psychic?  I don't know why, and honestly, why would I waste my time making excuses for someone I do not know?

Bottom line here, is that the country needs to get past the BULLSHIT, and start working together!  This isn't republican vs. democrat, its a melting pot and if we are going to fix what's wrong, we need to stop the shit and work together!!!!!!!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Double standard.

.lovemybebes.
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I just think BOTH SIDES need an attitude adjustment and work together. They need to stop acting like toddlers at bedtime and do their damn job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I disagree.  As long as you have the liberals in charge it will not happen.

Quoting celestegood:

Well, part of me wants to say that if we demand a fairer media, we will get it....eventually.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

blues_pagan
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Have any other news outlets won a suit that allows them to lie like fox news did?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

celestegood
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Tha statement goes for both liberal and conservative news media.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)