Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

http://www.blogher.com/reality-bites-lessons-learned-november-6th

Democrats had an amazing election night, so much so one would think Republicans would be doing some serious soul searching. Instead what are we hearing?

• We lost our momentum due to Sandy
• Our country is made up of more “takers” than “makers” with those takers just wanting free stuff.
• We weren’t anti-abortion enough
• The liberal media is in the bag for Obama
• Democrats suppressed the vote

Nothing in their assessment questions why their policies do not appeal to the majority of Americans.

They were truly shocked at the results. Their polls had Romney winning, keeping the House and taking the Senate. While they did keep the House, they lost seats even after massive re-districting to assure Republican control. All of the rightwing news media and pundits had them convinced of this winning scenario and with the advent of Citizens United, the hundreds of millions spent by Rove’s Super Pac, the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson, how could they lose?

You only need to look at their reality to understand why the Republicans were so surprised by the outcome.  Rachel Maddow and Bill Maher define the world in which they exist a “bubble”. You decide.

I really agreed with this and think that both sides can take a page from this book.  Do a bit of soul searching and maybe you will come up with some answers instead of blaming.

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
MommaRoseT
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Wow, the excuses they have come up with, lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

MSNBS (sp) is not going to change..(imo)..  We all know Obama is going to do things HIS way..nothing has really changed..   I think Texas has the right idea of soul searching..if indeed that is what they are thinking about.

Tiffnkids
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
We lost because America has become full of ignorant, self seeking, baby murdering, govt dependant and lazy people. God is in control and I believe we all deserve this agenda to show us the consequences of this rebellion of our founding fathers. You liberals can quote me and argue all you want...overall though...right and truth and love will prevail.
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Are you referring to the local Fox News in Florida?  Or are you talking about the cable Fox?

Quoting blues_pagan:

Have any other news outlets won a suit that allows them to lie like fox news did?

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I disagree.  As long as you have the liberals in charge it will not happen.

Quoting celestegood:

Well, part of me wants to say that if we demand a fairer media, we will get it....eventually.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Corrupt media......that is all of the soul searching that needs to be done.....Is how are we going to get around the corrupt media? 

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

When the majority if low income people get their information from left wing outlets, there is a problem.  When left wing media outlets that out number in other type of outlet to include balanced reporting, then there is a problem.  When left wing liberal media stops reporting the truth then that is a big problem....i.e the recent 60 minutes Obama interview. 

Quoting celestegood:

Tha statement goes for both liberal and conservative news media.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Well, part of me wants to say that if we demand a fairer media, we will get it....eventually.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Corrupt media......that is all of the soul searching that needs to be done.....Is how are we going to get around the corrupt media? 

Billiejeens
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Quoting NancSBRN:

I think both side should do some Soul Searching and decide if they want to do their JOBS or just worry about being relected. They all stared the day after the election raising funds for 2016 This is shameful IMHO.   The People send a clear message they want to Grid Lock to Stop and that is a message I think Everyone in Washington should take to heart. 

That may be the least factual statement that I have seen yet.

The house became more Republican, the Governorship become more Republican, there is certainly no message there to jump on the train to the left.

Obama won the Presidency - as all you Obamabots stated before the election, he doesn't control any of this, he is just a figure head. Ok- you all kept your little figure head, the adults will do the Governing.

Billiejeens
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Yet Reagan won twice, once with 49 states, with 100% of the media against him.

He went above the media and connected directly with the people.

It can be done.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

When the majority if low income people get their information from left wing outlets, there is a problem.  When left wing media outlets that out number in other type of outlet to include balanced reporting, then there is a problem.  When left wing liberal media stops reporting the truth then that is a big problem....i.e the recent 60 minutes Obama interview. 

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Not true.  Back then the liberal media was still ethical. Yes, they worked in the grey but they were not as corrupt as they are now.  That was also a different media era.....there was no 24 hour news, no Internet and no cable.  He was able to connect to the public easily back then. If the media would have treated Obama as equal w/ Romney, Obama would have lost big time.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Yet Reagan won twice, once with 49 states, with 100% of the media against him.

He went above the media and connected directly with the people.

It can be done.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Raintree
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

blame, blame, blame, point fingers, blame, call people murderers, blame some more, ad infinitum.

lol

rccmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

The majority of low income people I know watch Fox and all voted Romney.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)