Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

http://www.blogher.com/reality-bites-lessons-learned-november-6th

Democrats had an amazing election night, so much so one would think Republicans would be doing some serious soul searching. Instead what are we hearing?

• We lost our momentum due to Sandy
• Our country is made up of more “takers” than “makers” with those takers just wanting free stuff.
• We weren’t anti-abortion enough
• The liberal media is in the bag for Obama
• Democrats suppressed the vote

Nothing in their assessment questions why their policies do not appeal to the majority of Americans.

They were truly shocked at the results. Their polls had Romney winning, keeping the House and taking the Senate. While they did keep the House, they lost seats even after massive re-districting to assure Republican control. All of the rightwing news media and pundits had them convinced of this winning scenario and with the advent of Citizens United, the hundreds of millions spent by Rove’s Super Pac, the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson, how could they lose?

You only need to look at their reality to understand why the Republicans were so surprised by the outcome.  Rachel Maddow and Bill Maher define the world in which they exist a “bubble”. You decide.

I really agreed with this and think that both sides can take a page from this book.  Do a bit of soul searching and maybe you will come up with some answers instead of blaming.

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Replies (71-72):
blues_pagan
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Fox News as in cable/satellite.  The same type of news network like MSNBC or CNN.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Aren't you referring to local Fox news vs FOX cable news?  There is a difference.

Quoting blues_pagan:

You keep calling the left wing media corrupt.  You are also forgetting about right wing media, like Fox who actually sued in order to have the right to embellish and lie about the news.

(sorry for any grammar or spelling errors, I am fighting off the 18 month old from helping me type klOP)

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Not true.  Back then the liberal media was still ethical. Yes, they worked in the grey but they were not as corrupt as they are now.  That was also a different media era.....there was no 24 hour news, no Internet and no cable.  He was able to connect to the public easily back then. If the media would have treated Obama as equal w/ Romney, Obama would have lost big time.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Yet Reagan won twice, once with 49 states, with 100% of the media against him.

He went above the media and connected directly with the people.

It can be done.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

When the majority if low income people get their information from left wing outlets, there is a problem.  When left wing media outlets that out number in other type of outlet to include balanced reporting, then there is a problem.  When left wing liberal media stops reporting the truth then that is a big problem....i.e the recent 60 minutes Obama interview. 

Quoting celestegood:

Tha statement goes for both liberal and conservative news media.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

I disagree.  As long as you have the liberals in charge it will not happen.

Quoting celestegood:

Well, part of me wants to say that if we demand a fairer media, we will get it....eventually.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Corrupt media......that is all of the soul searching that needs to be done.....Is how are we going to get around the corrupt media? 

blues_pagan
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM

And yet she is the one that says others should take a civics class lol.  I have yet to see her make a legitimate reply or post to anything.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting blues_pagan:

As usual she is very wrong.

President

Obama 303   -62
Romney 235   +62

Senate

Democrats 51   --
Republicans 47   --

House

Democrats 195   +2
Republicans 240   -2

Governors

Democrats 18   -2
Republicans 31   +2

The pluses and minuses show how many they either lost or added this year.  So as you can see Republicans only gained 2 governors, lost 2 in the House and no one gained or lost in the House.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Hmm, I dunno about the losses, The House increased it's margin.

Republicans gained about 12 (I think) Governorships,  many Republican controled state houses (like ours) were strengthened.

I kept hearing that Obama is just a figurehead, you all kept your figure head, nothing will get done, see you at the next midterms.

Quoting Friday:

I think both parties need some reflection. The Reps due to their losses and the Dems due to the stagnant economy while they are in charge. They both need to learn how to compromise and put the nation and her people over party and power.

Uh huh.

That's nothing new, I'm pretty sure she makes it up as she goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)