Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you moved by President Obama’s display of emotion?

Posted by   + Show Post

President Obama's Tears Show How Vulnerability Can Be the Mightiest Asset (VIDEO)

Posted by Janelle Harris on November 10, 2012

President ObamaPresident Obama and Mitt Romney have had some well-deserved time for reflection, but emotion is still running high from Tuesday night’s election. Supporters from the Romney camp grudgingly let go as his campaign conceded Florida yesterday. Over in his 2012 headquarters in Chicago, President Obama addressed his team of bright-eyed, enthusiastic staffers -- most of them young people in their 20s and 30s -- who diligently helped seal his re-election victory.

So moved was he by their energy and so fired up was he about his passion for change, he choked up momentarily. Can’t say I've ever watched a President be moved to tears before, but seeing him so humbled and emotional of course made me tap my own water works. Even if his naysayers don’t think he’s the best man for the job, I think most can agree that he is indeed a good man. 

Before scooping up Michelle and their girls and heading back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, President Obama reflected on his days as a community organizer in Chi-town. But he told the crowd, “It’s not that you remind me of myself; it’s that you’re so much better than I was. You’re smarter and you’re better organized and you’re more effective,” he said in the clip originally posted on the campaign’s YouTube channel. “What Bobby Kennedy called the ‘ripples of hope,’ when you throw a stone in the lake, that’s you.”

He explained that he felt like he had come “full circle…because what you guys have done means the work that I’m doing is important. And I’m really proud of that. I’m really proud of all of you.” And that’s when the tears rolled. He wiped them away, but what a tender, vulnerable moment. And if there’s one thing I want for the leader of the free world, it’s to be so compassion-filled that he can have tender, vulnerable moments.

You can question his policies, his decisions, his strategies. But our Prez never lost that grassroots organizer spirit and, all of the big league politics aside, he still has a heart for people.

Are you moved by President Obama’s display of emotion?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
one_on_the_way
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM

How was it 'taken out of context', exactly?

Quoting imamomzilla:

Apparently, you were part of the gullible electorate that believed things that were taken out of context. I thought you were smarter than that. My bad.

Quoting Sisteract:

Like MR with the 47% comment-

Good thing we all all got to witness his true character prior to the election.

Quoting imamomzilla:

“The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching.” ― John Wooden.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Speak with Christie, that's his job and he was told if there is an issue..call me directly

Quoting rocketracer:

Well, he's enjoying himself on the golf course again....so the tears won't last....BTW: I bet people in NY and NJ would like to be ont the golf course too......yeah, yeah, yeah....Obama is cutting through all the FEMA red tape.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Yes...very much so...

I moved to the bathroom and proceeded to have a bowel movement, yes I was very moved you could say.

Momniscient
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I love that your comment was the first one...it really set the appropriate tone for this post. :) 

Quoting imamomzilla:

Moved? If you mean compelled to use the restroom, then yes.

He's ACTING. All that time he spends in Hollywood has really paid off.

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM
6 moms liked this

Sometimes, I really feel sad for America. Not because of the economy, jobs, or latest conspiracy theory. But because simple minded people run rampant in the country and their is nothing anyone can do about it.

I do think that this speech was moving, he took time out of his busy day to thank the people that worked hardest for him. The fact that people want to put a negative spin on it, well it is quite desperate. tsk tsk

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quoting momma2b2008:

Not one bit! He is such an excellent actor, maybe he should be up for an Emmy!

If I remember correctly, you are one of the ones who was also saying that President Obama was such a poor performer that he couldn't deliver lines unless reading them off a teleprompter.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

BO is good at method acting but no other kind of acting.

momma2b2008
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry sweetie, wrong person!

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting momma2b2008:

Not one bit! He is such an excellent actor, maybe he should be up for an Emmy!

If I remember correctly, you are one of the ones who was also saying that President Obama was such a poor performer that he couldn't deliver lines unless reading them off a teleprompter.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)