Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

If Your Boss Fires You Because Of Obama You Have A Lawsuit!!

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 41 Replies
3 moms liked this

I keep seeing all these posts about companies firing its workers because of Obama???

1)Obama has nothing to do with the companies that are having layoffs.These companies have to have a legitimate reason for firing its workers.If they claim they are firing anyone because of Obama this is against the law and they have a huge lawsuit!

2)Layoffs occur annually during the fourth quarter to budget for the upcoming year.Companies do this for financial reasons and this has been going on yearly since 1996 before Obama was even in office.This is nothing new.This is just a scare tactic used against those who hate Obama and want to make him a scapegoat  for any and everything.

3)Many millionaires that own businesses that poured millions into the Romney campaign are furious about Obamas re-election.They have threatened their workers and blame Obama for the layoffs when they would have been laid off regardless who was in office.

http://www.clearrock.com/about/4th-quarter-is-most-perilous-period-for-layoffs-how-to-tell-if-youre-vulnerable-what-to-do-2.html

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM
6 moms liked this

I think the employee should sue the Obama administration. Probably wouldn't win, but it's a better case than a laid off employee suing their employer.

Come on, think about this logically. Take an economics class. Take a law class. Reread those warnings of possible layoffs. The layoffs are not because these employers may not like Obama. People have always liked or disliked political candidates. The difference here is the legislation Obama rammed through Congress  (eg, Obamacare, effective 1/1/13) that will have a huge negative financial impact on employers, which will now definitely go into effect since Obama was re-elected. Huge costs imposed by unfunded mandates affect the cost structure of business and make it more expensive to have employees. Many companies will only be able to have a certain number of employees, and some will choose to have only up to 49 employees, since the regulations kick in at 50 employees.

The Obama administration did not pay attention to the warnings of business owners and economonists, or think about unintended consequences. Obama was told what would happen, and he did not heed those warnings and revise his legislation. He should not be surprised. 

broncfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

BS

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:07 PM
5 moms liked this

Obviously you have no clue about why businesses are laying off employees.  And yes, it IS OBAMA'S FAULT all these people are losing their jobs.

Maman9
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

The "beaut" is the girl fired by Cold Stone Creamery for calling Obama a nigger on Facebook, and saying "maybe he will be assasinated". While I think firing her was extreme, she should know that her Romney crew will not be there for her. Even when one of Romney's son said, "I could kill Obama," after a debate, where were the authorities then? It is the same old story. Romney is a lawyer and wealthy, so his son is covered.

Meanwhile anyone who cannot afford to attend the $50,000 a plate dinner he lambasted the 47% at (most of whom live in red states and vote Republican) are done. The author who put it best about classism and crime is Rick Bragg in his books, All Over But the Shoutin'  and Somebody Told Me. He and his brothers were harassed by police with all the other young poor white males in his Alabama town because a middle class white couple was brutally murdered at a lover's lane. It turned out that the white male killer was not poor, got prison time only, paroled and is now a preacher! Kiss my grits!

peachesforme
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM
7 moms liked this

If an employer cannot afford to keep employees, the employees will be layed off.  Many new taxes and fees are about to begin in January thanks to Obama.  There's no lawsuit opportunity.  Gov't can't force employers to keep employees if that business can no longer afford them. The employer can't just make money appear out of thin air to pay these people's salary.

momsince1989
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

my nephew just contacted an attorney this past week and it's true he has a case because his stupid cocky boss put on the pink slip for termination reason "can't afford obamacare" and he let 12 people go just like that the day after the election.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Not being able to afford the added expense is a legitimate reason for letting someone go.  But of course I'm sure there are plenty of sleezy lawyers ready to take that employee's money.

Quoting momsince1989:

my nephew just contacted an attorney this past week and it's true he has a case because his stupid cocky boss put on the pink slip for termination reason "can't afford obamacare" and he let 12 people go just like that the day after the election.

broncfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Just give it a few days and we will all be seeing "One call is all it takes, we will take your case for being laid off because of Ocare"  on TV right after the pelvic mesh, and big truck ran over you ads.  You CAN file suit for anything, winning is something different.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I am sure a lawyer took the case, they get paid regardless the outcome. Many lawyers just hope the companies settle before trial. Your brother, though, will not see his termination reversed. As pp stated, cost of doing business is a legitimate reason for layoff / RIF (reduction in force).

Quoting momsince1989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Having a lawsuit and winning a lawsuit are two completely different things.

One of the biggest reasons companies have been planning the need for larger than normal 4th quarter layoffs is regulations. Obama was required twice this year to release forward looking business regulations and has refused to do so until after the election. His most recent deadline was October 31st. Businesses generally start reviewing and creating next year's budget during the end of 3rd quarter / beginning of 4th. Plans are sketched out that are finalized when 3rd quarter financial results are released AND when the regulation plans from the government are released. During an election year, candidates' business friendly stance are taken into account and factored into labor plans. If an anti-business candidate wins, which Obama can be classified because of his stance and repeated statements about raising taxes on businesses, companies will start to immediately tighten their belts to show investors that they will be fiscally strong. With Obamacare regulations that will come into effect Jan. 2013 and the loss of the tax credits, businesses have made severe RIF plans. That is not a scare tactic, it is fact. I personally have been sitting in on meetings since July and Obama being re-elected has never been looked at as being business friendly. I would be interested to know what industry and position you work in that has given you insight into budget planning. I see the source you site about 4th quarter, but most of your points scream left wing media pundit talking points.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN