Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I only watch MSNBC.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
Stephanie329
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Loved it:)

Quoting .lovemybebes.:

I loved that.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Me too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I rarely watch Fox myself - Read my news online. Just know the Fox stats, and that Pew study was just recently released.

Quoting .lovemybebes.:

Well I wouldn't know about that because I NEVER watch Fox News.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Good for you. Many of us don't like Rachel too much. It's difficult when someone ridicules half the American population. Not exactly a good idea to alienate half of your potential audience. Unlike Fox, where half its viewers are liberal. Not even close at MSNBC.

And a Pew study shows that Fox News actually IS fair and balanced - unlike Rachel Maddow's MSNBC. 

http://kpisp.net/msnbc-more-biased-than-fox.html

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Romney did not alienate half the population. His two points were that the other candidate always gets about half the population. And 48% of Americans pay no income tax. Obama was the one who demonized the ideology of half the American people.

Quoting viv212:

It's difficult when someone ridicules half the American population. Not exactly a good idea to alienate half of your potential audience.

Lol I thought you were talking about Romney for a second there with his 47% comment.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Good for you. Many of us don't like Rachel too much. It's difficult when someone ridicules half the American population. Not exactly a good idea to alienate half of your potential audience. Unlike Fox, where half its viewers are liberal. Not even close at MSNBC.

And a Pew study shows that Fox News actually IS fair and balanced - unlike Rachel Maddow's MSNBC. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Read it again - I said "shows" not "said". There's a difference.

Your jokes are a bit weak. Better luck next time. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

The Pew study did *not* say that Fox "News" is fair & balanced. It simply said that MSNBC "News" is even more biased than Fox. My belief is that neither is news and both are Op Ed. I watch neither.

The Republican party is shrinking as it becomes the Retirement party. It isn't 1/2 the population any longer & better regroup before it dies out.

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I know - Rachel is pretty sad. I wouldn't call her a joke though - not nice.

Quoting RowdyRoxyRainbw:

lol best joke Ive read all day.sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I know - Rachel is pretty sad. I wouldn't call her a joke though - not nice.

Quoting RowdyRoxyRainbw:

lol best joke Ive read all day.sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting SallyMJ:

Bookwormy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Believe as you like. Lose the WH in 2016 again.

Quoting Canvas_says:

I don't believe that the Republican party is really dying out as many in the media are flailing their arms about. Our party now has control of 30 governor spots to the Democrats 20. I just believe that this president offered more goodies to people, and the Republicans again stayed home come vote day. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

The Pew study did *not* say that Fox "News" is fair & balanced. It simply said that MSNBC "News" is even more biased than Fox. My belief is that neither is news and both are Op Ed. I watch neither.

The Republican party is shrinking as it becomes the Retirement party. It isn't 1/2 the population any longer & better regroup before it dies out.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM

In general, MSNBC stinks.  But Rachel Maddow is the one shining light of intelligence and wit on that station.  I like her very much.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

You only watch MSNBC?  That explains a lot.

Bookwormy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I was being serious, not funny. I don't consider either one news. I believe both are Op Ed & watch neither. The study showed both to be exceedingly biased, but MSNBC was more biased. The Republican party is the party of retirees because of conservative social views and is dying out. Many believe we need a 3 or 4 party system, & we are developing a 1 party system. What's the joke?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Read it again - I said "shows" not "said". There's a difference.

Your jokes are a bit weak. Better luck next time. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN