Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I only watch MSNBC.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (61-70):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

IMO, people who won't admit it's wrong have no backbone... invertebrates. ;-)

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

See, that vid is a perfect example of why I dislike so many with the same mindset. It's like she's got this inner turmoil...she disagrees with Obama's policies but can't bring herself to condemn them. In fact, she'll go so far as to ensure that he's re-elected. It makes no friggin sense.

So many wishy-washy liberal hypocrites. How difficult is it to PICK A SIDE?blah!

Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

um...OK. I'll pass her the note in gym class.

psst. This is an election debate group. ;-)

Like everything else they only "hear" what they WANT to "hear".

It's like whatever OBAMA does IS "forgotton"..even when THEY KNOW he's doing wrong..

It's a stepford mentality..what can I say.. Obama can do NO wrong..  Look at all the dems that got thrown under the bus and they put their tails between their legs and bowed down.  . Obama wont be happy UNTIL everyone is below him..needing hand outs so he can control America and REALLY do some redecorating..

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

No wonder Canadians are so stupid. Madcow is nothing but a partisan hack with a "creative" imagination.

Everything is a Republican conspiracy. I think her tin foil hat is too tight.

FTR, I can't stand Hannity either....but at least he doesn't blame GWB for everything.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Good for you. Many of us don't like Rachel too much. It's difficult when someone ridicules half the American population. Not exactly a good idea to alienate half of your potential audience. Unlike Fox, where half its viewers are liberal. Not even close at MSNBC.

And a Pew study shows that Fox News actually IS fair and balanced - unlike Rachel Maddow's MSNBC. 

http://kpisp.net/msnbc-more-biased-than-fox.html

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Mindless sheeple.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

See, that vid is a perfect example of why I dislike so many with the same mindset. It's like she's got this inner turmoil...she disagrees with Obama's policies but can't bring herself to condemn them. In fact, she'll go so far as to ensure that he's re-elected. It makes no friggin sense.

So many wishy-washy liberal hypocrites. How difficult is it to PICK A SIDE?blah!

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

It's like whatever OBAMA does IS "forgotton"..even when THEY KNOW he's doing wrong..

It's a stepford mentality..what can I say.. Obama can do NO wrong..  Look at all the dems that got thrown under the bus and they put their tails between their legs and bowed down.  . Obama wont be happy UNTIL everyone is below him..needing hand outs so he can control America and REALLY do some redecorating..

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Mindless sheeple.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

I would compare them to ants but at least ants know what it means to work in a functioning society and hard work..

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Mindless sheeple.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

I would compare them to ants but at least ants know what it means to work in a functioning society and hard work..

Bookwormy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Umm, OK. I tend to think that Obama ain't all that, but he was the only viable option. I didn't vote for O in the 2008 primaries, but many did obviously. I think if the Retirement party had shut up about social issues & had a real option instead of R squared, & had stuck to economic conservatism, the real Republican party would have won. I think they can keep blaming & complaining like they have for 4 years or they can be productive & really take accountability, learn from their mistakes, & be a contender.

I knew of Obama too. So what? I also know that complaining without making change will repeat your results. Good Luck.

Quoting Canvas_says:

We shall see, much of what is being said now is what was said in 2004 by the other side of the aisle. I saw Obama coming, knew about him well in advance of his White House run, but what I don't see now is someone again like him coming from that side of the camp. Just the same old tired wrinkly folk. It's going to come down to the American Idol Factor in 2016 and which one is more charismatic. Because, frankly only a small minority of people actually voted based on substance and instead voted on being pandered to. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

Believe as you like. Lose the WH in 2016 again.

Quoting Canvas_says:

I don't believe that the Republican party is really dying out as many in the media are flailing their arms about. Our party now has control of 30 governor spots to the Democrats 20. I just believe that this president offered more goodies to people, and the Republicans again stayed home come vote day. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

The Pew study did *not* say that Fox "News" is fair & balanced. It simply said that MSNBC "News" is even more biased than Fox. My belief is that neither is news and both are Op Ed. I watch neither.

The Republican party is shrinking as it becomes the Retirement party. It isn't 1/2 the population any longer & better regroup before it dies out.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Good for you. Many of us don't like Rachel too much. It's difficult when someone ridicules half the American population. Not exactly a good idea to alienate half of your potential audience. Unlike Fox, where half its viewers are liberal. Not even close at MSNBC.

And a Pew study shows that Fox News actually IS fair and balanced - unlike Rachel Maddow's MSNBC. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicmaker
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

WOO HOO!!!  GO CANADA, GO CANADA, GO CANADA.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting SallyMJ:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Let's look at the data - About 45% of Fox references to Obama were negative, compared to 70% of MSNBC references to Romney. Fox wasn't negative toward Obama even half the time, but MSNBC was negative toward Romney almost three fourths of the time - a difference of 55.5%. 

No other network employs and features hosts and guests with a significant mix of political viewpoints. About 31% of Fox news commentators are liberal, compared to 0.1% of conservatives at the other networks. Fox has more liberal commentators than the conservatives at all the other networks combined.

Pew Research Center did another study about the audiences of cable news channels. They found Fox News to have the most balanced audience:  39% were conservatives, 33% liberals, 22% independents, 6% other. The other cable station audiences averaged 45% liberal, 18% conservative, 25% independent, 12% other.

Recently when the White House banned Fox News from the interview of a financial czar, all the other networks demanded Fox be reinstated. So whether or not these other networks lean left, they acknowledge Fox as a legitimate news organization.

Fox News does significant journalistic investigation of their own, whether or not other news organizations do. They alone are reporting on the Benghazi terrorist attack and coverup. All networks present opinion. But Fox doesn't disparage liberals; they just disagree with them. MSNBC, on the other had, demonizes conservatives.

We need to look at the evidence, not the opinions of liberals and left-leaning news networks.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1395/partisanship-fox-news-and--other-cable-news-audiences

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/personalities/#s=a-d

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html

http://www.conservapedia.com/Fox_News_Channel

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html

Quoting Bookwormy:

I was being serious, not funny. I don't consider either one news. I believe both are Op Ed & watch neither. The study showed both to be exceedingly biased, but MSNBC was more biased. The Republican party is the party of retirees because of conservative social views and is dying out. Many believe we need a 3 or 4 party system, & we are developing a 1 party system. What's the joke?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Read it again - I said "shows" not "said". There's a difference.

Your jokes are a bit weak. Better luck next time. 

Quoting Bookwormy:

The Pew study did *not* say that Fox "News" is fair & balanced. It simply said that MSNBC "News" is even more biased than Fox. My belief is that neither is news and both are Op Ed. I watch neither.

The Republican party is shrinking as it becomes the Retirement party. It isn't 1/2 the population any longer & better regroup before it dies out.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

by 2HotTacoTini on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

The People's Republic of Canada - I see.

I prefer to live in a country whose Constitution and practice protects freedom of speech.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)