Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Why did you vote for Obama?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM
  • 31 Replies
Yes, as most of you know, I did not vote for Obama. I would, however, like to know what the thought process was for those that did. I would like FACTS only and no personal opinions. No bashing allowed here. This is for a knowledge exchange. I really would like to know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberRose1122
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I made my decision based on diplomacy and respect for citizen's rights. I don't believe if Romney were to meet with a foreign leader that he could do as well as Obama.
shimamab
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Foreign policy/diplomacy (sick of wars) and SCOTUS selection. Domestic issues are more decided by all branches of govt so these are the two things that it came down to for me.
momtoscott
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I could not support the Republican party's social issues platform, and I believe that Romney would be bad at diplomacy.  I also did not find his economic plans convincing. 

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Thought you voted 3rd party? When someone else implied that you were an O supporter you said they "ASSume much"...? Fess up.

Drones don't bother you....?

Indefinite detention...?

Quoting shimamab:

Foreign policy/diplomacy (sick of wars) and SCOTUS selection. Domestic issues are more decided by all branches of govt so these are the two things that it came down to for me.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I made my decision based on diplomacy and respect for citizen's rights. I don't believe if Romney were to meet with a foreign leader that he could do as well as Obama.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

shimamab
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I was on the fence...as I said many times. And peeps did ASSume who I would vote for without asking or knowing. Who I actually voted for doesn't change that. I voted third party in most of the local and state contests since I figured this kind of change will have to start on a local level before ever gaining enough momentum for the presidential race.

Yep, drones bother me when they hit innocent bystanders....just as all those people being held in Guantanamo being subjected to "enhanced interrogations" did during the last admin. I don't rubber stamp any admin with a 100% seal of approval. But out of the two less than stellar candidates, I see less chance of WWlll with Obama.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Thought you voted 3rd party? When someone else implied that you were an O supporter you said they "ASSume much"...? Fess up.

Indefinite detention...?

Quoting shimamab:

shimamab
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this
Didn't take long for this "knowledge exchange" to turn into an inquisition and ridicule post. Typical. I knew I should've skipped it. Good luck on keeping this at all civil, OP. Though I do appreciate the effort.
mikiemom
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I voted for Obama because Romney / Ryan did not match my personal social ethics and morals. I believe Freedom of Religion means free to choose your religion or not be religious. It does not mean choose your flavor of christianity. I believe that our health care should not be a billion dollar business, the ethics of making money from sick people disturbs me. I feel that health care should be just that, keeping us healthy. I believe that Obama would have been successful in improving our economy had the GOP congressmen not blocked him at every turn. I also know that 2 years was not enough time to fix the problems that Bush left us with. I believe in diplomacy first and not jumping the gun and attacking first. I believe in education and that we need to strengthen our math and science programs. I believe in evolution. I believe that reproduction is a personal choice that belongs to each woman. I don't believe the government should have any say in how often I reproduce. I don't believe that old white men have anything to add to the subject of women and rape. I could go on but this is the  majority of why I voted Democrat.

Bottom line, I am a working mother with a graduate level degree and a small business owner.

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

No, I SPECIFICALLY remember you saying that ("assume") AFTER the election. So, you're being dishonest.

This administration has conducted MORE drone attacks than the previous, thus killing more innocent bystanders, etc.

If memory serves, O also promised to close Gitmo...? Oh, that's right. They just slowly release the terrorists into the general population so they can recruit more. What a plan. ;-)

Quoting shimamab:

I was on the fence...as I said many times. And peeps did ASSume who I would vote for without asking or knowing. Who I actually voted for doesn't change that. I voted third party in most of the local and state contests since I figured this kind of change will have to start on a local level before ever gaining enough momentum for the presidential race.

Yep, drones bother me when they hit innocent bystanders....just as all those people being held in Guantanamo being subjected to "enhanced interrogations" did during the last admin. I don't rubber stamp any admin with a 100% seal of approval. But out of the two less than stellar candidates, I see less chance of WWlll with Obama.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Indefinite detention...?

Quoting shimamab:

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Just pointing out the inconsistencies and dishonesty.

It says a lot about the poster.

toddler tantrum

Quoting shimamab:

Didn't take long for this "knowledge exchange" to turn into an inquisition and ridicule post. Typical. I knew I should've skipped it. Good luck on keeping this at all civil, OP. Though I do appreciate the effort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)