Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Texas has its 25,000 Votes *UPDATED*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 219 Replies
Well TX is the first state to garner the needed 25,000 votes for the Petition for Secession. Now it will go to the State Representatives to discuss and decide what to do...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

11/12 - *UPDATE*
Texas Petition now has 45,000 votes

11/13 - *UPDATE*
80,000 Votes now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

25,503 is the current count
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Well, good luck to them. 

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

awesome!

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM
7 moms liked this

What a bunch of whiny-ass, sore losers. Buh-bye!

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

29again
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM

How about the other 14 states?  How are they doing?

Lckystarz82
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
13 moms liked this

Quoting Friday:

you must have voted for obama.....it seems to me that alot of obamamites are a bunch of nasty rude negative people. tx isnt a bunch of whiny-ass, sore losers. they made a choice and are going with it. you dont have to agree with it or for that matter even understand it but it goes to show your playground mentality of a 5 yr old. and we wonder why our country is in such a mess..GOD HELP US!

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Lckystarz82:

Quoting Friday:

you must have voted for obama.....it seems to me that alot of obamamites are a bunch of nasty rude negative people. tx isnt a bunch of whiny-ass, sore losers. they made a choice and are going with it. you dont have to agree with it or for that matter even understand it but it goes to show your playground mentality of a 5 yr old. and we wonder why our country is in such a mess..GOD HELP US!

You assume wrong.

They are the ones with the playground mentality "The election didn't go our way so we want to take our ball and go home". How are these people with their petitions any different than people like Alec Baldwin who threatened to leave the country if Dubya was re-elected?

If Cali had tried to secede when Dubya was in office the right would bash them more than they already do, which is quite a bit.

I prefer staying and working to make things better but if they want to go, let em.

America.......Love it or Fix it!
Lckystarz82
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

thats the great part of this country you have the CHOICE to do as you want.  ever think they just dont like where this is country is going..that doesnt mean they love this country any less. they have the right to do what they think is right for them. since when is deciding that whats in your best interest is directly related to that of U.S and you cant do anything about it? im not sure of anything with this country anymore. i have lived in ca my entire life and i dont like what its become. and i have the right to move elsewhere if i chose to do so. that doesnt make me a whiny ass loser because i could do so much better elsewhere. it means i looked at my options and decided something. so be it they want to do this then good for them. surrender

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Lckystarz82:

Quoting Friday:

You assume wrong.

They are the ones with the playground mentality "The election didn't go our way so we want to take our ball and go home". How are these people with their petitions any different than people like Alec Baldwin who threatened to leave the country if Dubya was re-elected?

If Cali had tried to secede when Dubya was in office the right would bash them more than they already do, which is quite a bit.

I prefer staying and working to make things better but if they want to go, let em.

timeforprogress
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Making President Obama look more like Lincoln everyday.  I really hope no one attempts to harm him or his family. 

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lckystarz82:

thats the great part of this country you have the CHOICE to do as you want.  ever think they just dont like where this is country is going..that doesnt mean they love this country any less. they have the right to do what they think is right for them. since when is deciding that whats in your best interest is directly related to that of U.S and you cant do anything about it? im not sure of anything with this country anymore. i have lived in ca my entire life and i dont like what its become. and i have the right to move elsewhere if i chose to do so. that doesnt make me a whiny ass loser because i could do so much better elsewhere. it means i looked at my options and decided something. so be it they want to do this then good for them. surrender

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Lckystarz82:

Quoting Friday:

You assume wrong.

I never said they don't have that right or choice but, IMO, running away like that is weak. I have the right to believe and state that. If one really loves their country they would try to stay and fix things until they had to sneak out the back door to get away from the Nazi's(thinking of Sound of Music, Dad obviously loved Austria and only left when he felt his and his families lives were at risk.)

Trying to secede because they didn't get their way sounds more like a tantrum than rational people trying to fix their country, to me.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)