Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CBS Contributer "White People Don't like abortion because they want to build up the race."

Posted by   + Show Post

Video link won't work so here's the link to the page and video.

Full story here...LMAO wow.

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Well, after this election, I am hoping the GOP sees how demographics are changing. Changing demographics won't stop white people from having abortions, though.

slightlyperfect

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Why would anyone say something so ridiculous?

billsfan1104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:07 AM
8 moms liked this
They do not get mammograms at Planned Parenthood. They give out referrals, which is really not necessary, because hospitals do free mammograms all the time.

Quoting momov4888:

Planned Parenthood is FAR more than contraception and birth control. For some women, it's the only way they get mammograms and pap smears. I know because I've driven women there for these tests.  They teach what many parents avoid, sex education including safe sex, STD's, including AIDs.   There are still those who think if they don't talk about it, their kids won't have the urge... uh-huh..and that concept worked WHEN?

I'm pro-choice and I remember when Roe vs. Wade was fought and WON.  So many have no idea of what it took for women to even have the right to vote (no, I do NOT remember that fight) and the right to choose is a right many don't think about until they need to.  I only know women who made a difficult choice under even tougher circumstances.  A 13 yr. old girl who is pregnant by rape doesn't have the capacity to even carry a child. I may not agree with someone's choice, but I support their right to make that choice.

It's not about one race or the other. I've never seen or felt that.

FYI: I have 4 children, 3 are grown, or close, and I have one much younger..my change of life baby...and how!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting the source (Katie Pavlich):

I'll start my response to Giles and Perry by pointing out the real eugenicists over at abortion giant Planned Parenthood, an organization the left strongly supports. Giles, who focuses her attention on "white people" who are against abortion because they want to "build up their race," is clearly ignorant about why Planned Parenthood was founded in the first place. Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger believed in using abortion to rid the world of the "unfit." In Sanger's world, the unfit included blacks and she hoped they would be eliminated with the help of her organization.

As she wrote in her autobiography, Sanger founded Planned Parenthood in 1916 "to stop the multiplication of the unfit." This, she boasted, would be "the most important and greatest step towards race betterment." While she oversaw the mass murder of black babies, Sanger cynically recruited minority activists to front her death racket. She conspired with eugenics financier and businessman Clarence Gamble to "hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities" to sell their genocidal policies as community health and welfare services.

Outright murder wouldn't sell. But wrapping it under the egalitarian cloak of "women's health" -- and adorning it with the moral authority of black churches -- would. Sanger and Gamble called their deadly campaign "The Negro Project."

In other writings, historian Mike Perry found, Sanger attacked programs that provided "medical and nursing facilities to slum mothers" because they "facilitate the function of maternity" when "the absolute necessity is to discourage it." In an essay included in her writing collection held by the Library of Congress, Sanger urged her abortion clinic colleagues to "breed a race of thoroughbreds." Nationwide "birth control bureaus" would propagate the proper "science of breeding" to stop impoverished, non-white women from "breeding like weeds."

Speaking with CBS veteran journalist Mike Wallace in 1957, long after her racist views had supposedly mellowed, Sanger again revealed her true colors: "I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world -- that have disease from their parents, that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically. Delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things just marked when they're born. That to me is the greatest sin -- that people can -- can commit."

Sanger's own words:

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." -- Margaret Sanger's December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255 Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts.

Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race." -- Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control . New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12.

"There is only one reply to a request for a higher birthrate among the intelligent, and that is to ask the government to first take the burden of the insane and feeble-minded from your back. [Mandatory] sterilization for these is the answer." -- Margaret Sanger, October 1926 Birth Control Review

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM
5 moms liked this

Giles said whites are trying to build up their race, but at the rate blacks are aborting their children, she could also argue blacks are trying to break their race down.

Parting thought: "Whites," in particular white conservatives who are against abortion, aren't building up their race Ms. Giles, they're trying to protect yours.

bow down

"How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers." - Mother Teresa

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm pro choice but that's ridiculous

Raintree
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I've heard people complain that certain "races" are out-breeding "us" here in the old "USofA", and what are we gonna do about it? Most of these people are of a certain generation and belong to more fundamentalist type (Christian) religions.

I don't think this is a new concept.

smushy79
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Oh yes! That is EXACTLY why.

ksbondgirl
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM

This is stupid.  Aren't there more whites in America than any other "nationality"?

PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

Ok, the only thing I can say is why do people support Planned Parenthood so much, minorities, if the original founding idea behind it was to keep a certain races' populations reduced.  I mean that's what that article stated quite clearly as the founders original intentions of Planned Parenthood.

I mean that would be enough for me to boycott it.

Anyhoo, if someone is claiming that "white folks" disapprove of abortion because they want to build their own race I just don't see it.  If abortion is banned it effects every single women, regardless of race, so in effect increasing every race.

The original founding idea wasn't to keep certain races population reduced.  It was founded in order to provide reproductive health services and contraception to women at a time when these things didn't exist for many women, especially those who were poor.  It also provided, and provides, health care services for children, prenatal care, postnatal care, cancer screening.

Margaret Sanger, at one time, believed in eugenics.  As did Teddy Roosevelt, Winston Churchill and Woodrow Wilson.  Knowledge of genetics at the time was pretty limited, and the movement never took hold anyway.  Do some research and get the facts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)