Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CBS Contributer "White People Don't like abortion because they want to build up the race."

Posted by   + Show Post

Video link won't work so here's the link to the page and video.

Full story here...LMAO wow.

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Giles said whites are trying to build up their race, but at the rate blacks are aborting their children, she could also argue blacks are trying to break their race down.

Parting thought: "Whites," in particular white conservatives who are against abortion, aren't building up their race Ms. Giles, they're trying to protect yours.

bow down

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting blues_pagan:

I am white and pro-choice.  I don't "like" abortion but I do support it for those who choose to use it.  

May I ask why you don't like abortion.....

Dragonmamas
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Statistically! They are killing off their own.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Hm. Well. I'm white and I don't like abortion because it's murder. More African American and Mexican babies are murdered every year more than white.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting momov4888:

Planned Parenthood is FAR more than contraception and birth control. For some women, it's the only way they get mammograms and pap smears. I know because I've driven women there for these tests.  They teach what many parents avoid, sex education including safe sex, STD's, including AIDs.   There are still those who think if they don't talk about it, their kids won't have the urge... uh-huh..and that concept worked WHEN?

So you are ok with a facility which profits billions of $$$ from killing the most vulnerable of human beings. Abortion is murder. I was a young adult when Roe V Wade was legalized Jan 22, 1973. The fruits of abortion is mind boggling. Desensitzation, lack of respect for human life is prevalent thru out America. Violence begets violence. Abortion is the ultimate child abuse. The death penalty for the unborn child. More than 53 million abortions later. There are many facilities thru out America which offer mammos and pap smears free of charge or on a sliding scale based upon income. A few blks from my house is a large woman's health center which provides adequate care for women & their children.

I'm pro-choice and I remember when Roe vs. Wade was fought and WON.  So many have no idea of what it took for women to even have the right to vote (no, I do NOT remember that fight) and the right to choose is a right many don't think about until they need to.  I only know women who made a difficult choice under even tougher circumstances.  A 13 yr. old girl who is pregnant by rape doesn't have the capacity to even carry a child. I may not agree with someone's choice, but I support their right to make that choice.

What about the child's rights!? You are willing to pass the death penalty upon the unborn child. They deserve life the same as we all do, including you momov4888. I sympathize with rape victims b/c I was brutally beaten up and raped by 2 men when I was 20 y/o. The baby does NOT deserve to pay for the evil deed of the father. Adoption is a responsible and compassionate choice. I am a prolife advocate. Active since 1978. I have listened to many women who have an abortion, experience so much suffering following their decision. Some women die from abortion. Many have permanent emotional and physical scars due to their decision to end their baby's life. Abortion is a ripple effect thru out society. Families are painfully touched by abortion etc. When you say 'I do not agree with someone's choice but I support their right to make that choice' than you condone the murder of these precious lil' babies. We are not talking about some material object, we are discussing human life. These babies solely depend upon us to protect them. Evil triumps when good and decent ppl. do nothin'. Yes, women who experience an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy often are seeking help and guidance. We reach out to them with love & compassion. We encourage life, provide sources to help them financially, medically, necessity items, spiritually, offer friendship during this difficult time in their lives. I have provided sources to these women so they can contact other women facing a similar situation. Support groups etc...

It's not about one race or the other. I've never seen or felt that.

African Americans and minorities are aborted in higher #'s. This is a fact. Do some credible research.

Hope & Healing

http://afterabortion.org/

Women’s Suicide Rates Highest After Abortion: New Study

http://afterabortion.org/2005/womens-suicide-rates-highest-after-abortion-new-study/

Margaret Sanger (1883-1966)

Margaret Sanger
Founder of Planned Parenthood

In Her Own Words

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
(
Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

The Negro Project
Margaret Sanger's Eugenic Plan for Black Americans

http://www.citizenreviewonline.org/special_issues/population/the_negro_project.htm

FYI: I have 4 children, 3 are grown, or close, and I have one much younger..my change of life baby...and how!

Many women who support abortion have children. Not always a factor when you excuse abortion.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Margaret Sanger was not a racist.  She didn't "invent" abortion (she was actually anti-abortion) and all the stupid quotes in BK's copy and pastes are taken wildely out of context.

Untrue.

JustCJ
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

THANK you! The woman is an absolute moron lmao.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Giles said whites are trying to build up their race, but at the rate blacks are aborting their children, she could also argue blacks are trying to break their race down.

Parting thought: "Whites," in particular white conservatives who are against abortion, aren't building up their race Ms. Giles, they're trying to protect yours.

bow down

VeronicaTex
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this

You might try to throw off readers with diversionary tactics, jaxTheMomm. 

Hopefully the readers will use good common sense and see what you are attempting to do.

Many of us already see right through you.

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Margaret Sanger was not a racist.  She didn't "invent" abortion (she was actually anti-abortion) and all the stupid quotes in BK's copy and pastes are taken wildely out of context.

Untrue.

VeronicaTex
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Thank you for exposing the truth, those that cherish it.

Thank you to posters who take the time to research and post legitimate links to add validity to their points.

Anyone who tries to "overlook" what Margaret Sanger has said cannot and will not face the truth.

Veronica

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting the source (Katie Pavlich):

I'll start my response to Giles and Perry by pointing out the real eugenicists over at abortion giant Planned Parenthood, an organization the left strongly supports. Giles, who focuses her attention on "white people" who are against abortion because they want to "build up their race," is clearly ignorant about why Planned Parenthood was founded in the first place. Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger believed in using abortion to rid the world of the "unfit." In Sanger's world, the unfit included blacks and she hoped they would be eliminated with the help of her organization.

As she wrote in her autobiography, Sanger founded Planned Parenthood in 1916 "to stop the multiplication of the unfit." This, she boasted, would be "the most important and greatest step towards race betterment." While she oversaw the mass murder of black babies, Sanger cynically recruited minority activists to front her death racket. She conspired with eugenics financier and businessman Clarence Gamble to "hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities" to sell their genocidal policies as community health and welfare services.

Outright murder wouldn't sell. But wrapping it under the egalitarian cloak of "women's health" -- and adorning it with the moral authority of black churches -- would. Sanger and Gamble called their deadly campaign "The Negro Project."

In other writings, historian Mike Perry found, Sanger attacked programs that provided "medical and nursing facilities to slum mothers" because they "facilitate the function of maternity" when "the absolute necessity is to discourage it." In an essay included in her writing collection held by the Library of Congress, Sanger urged her abortion clinic colleagues to "breed a race of thoroughbreds." Nationwide "birth control bureaus" would propagate the proper "science of breeding" to stop impoverished, non-white women from "breeding like weeds."

Speaking with CBS veteran journalist Mike Wallace in 1957, long after her racist views had supposedly mellowed, Sanger again revealed her true colors: "I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world -- that have disease from their parents, that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically. Delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things just marked when they're born. That to me is the greatest sin -- that people can -- can commit."

Sanger's own words:

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." -- Margaret Sanger's December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255 Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts.

Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race." -- Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control . New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12.

"There is only one reply to a request for a higher birthrate among the intelligent, and that is to ask the government to first take the burden of the insane and feeble-minded from your back. [Mandatory] sterilization for these is the answer." -- Margaret Sanger, October 1926 Birth Control Review

itsmesteph11
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Ummmmm.  Yeah, that's it. But so what if it was. The libs want to add the minorities because they need more  voters to ensure they stay in or take over power  Why would it be so different?

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not diversionary at all.  It's fact.

Sanger was VERY in favor of women being able to plan their family size.  She did not approve of abortion.

That first quote there, about merciful families killing their infants - she was discussing very large families and the higher rates of infant mortality during that time in very large families.

The other quote, that big ole jumble of terms - all were use to refer to very large families (not immigrants and minorities), and correlated the low literacy rate to that of very large families.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, if it doesn't fit in with the "Sanger was a racist" view you guys are pushing, but it's  very true and her original texts are online for anyone to read.

Quoting VeronicaTex:

You might try to throw off readers with diversionary tactics, jaxTheMomm. 

Hopefully the readers will use good common sense and see what you are attempting to do.

Many of us already see right through you.

Veronica

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Untrue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)