Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CBS Contributer "White People Don't like abortion because they want to build up the race."

Posted by   + Show Post

Video link won't work so here's the link to the page and video.

Full story here...LMAO wow.

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Why would anyone say something so ridiculous?

It is the main stream media - everything that they say is ridiculous.

Too bad people don't watch with a little more critical eye.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks - I don't know how many times we will have to debunk that nonsense.

Quoting billsfan1104:

They do not get mammograms at Planned Parenthood. They give out referrals, which is really not necessary, because hospitals do free mammograms all the time.

Quoting momov4888:

Planned Parenthood is FAR more than contraception and birth control. For some women, it's the only way they get mammograms and pap smears. I know because I've driven women there for these tests.  They teach what many parents avoid, sex education including safe sex, STD's, including AIDs.   There are still those who think if they don't talk about it, their kids won't have the urge... uh-huh..and that concept worked WHEN?

I'm pro-choice and I remember when Roe vs. Wade was fought and WON.  So many have no idea of what it took for women to even have the right to vote (no, I do NOT remember that fight) and the right to choose is a right many don't think about until they need to.  I only know women who made a difficult choice under even tougher circumstances.  A 13 yr. old girl who is pregnant by rape doesn't have the capacity to even carry a child. I may not agree with someone's choice, but I support their right to make that choice.

It's not about one race or the other. I've never seen or felt that.

FYI: I have 4 children, 3 are grown, or close, and I have one much younger..my change of life baby...and how!

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

They give referrals and subsidize the cost for patients.

Know anyone who's life was saved by this?  I do.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting billsfan1104:

They do not get mammograms at Planned Parenthood. They give out referrals, which is really not necessary, because hospitals do free mammograms all the time.

Quoting momov4888:

Planned Parenthood is FAR more than contraception and birth control. For some women, it's the only way they get mammograms and pap smears. I know because I've driven women there for these tests.  They teach what many parents avoid, sex education including safe sex, STD's, including AIDs.   There are still those who think if they don't talk about it, their kids won't have the urge... uh-huh..and that concept worked WHEN?

I'm pro-choice and I remember when Roe vs. Wade was fought and WON.  So many have no idea of what it took for women to even have the right to vote (no, I do NOT remember that fight) and the right to choose is a right many don't think about until they need to.  I only know women who made a difficult choice under even tougher circumstances.  A 13 yr. old girl who is pregnant by rape doesn't have the capacity to even carry a child. I may not agree with someone's choice, but I support their right to make that choice.

FYI: I have 4 children, 3 are grown, or close, and I have one much younger..my change of life baby...and how!

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Wow of all the reasons I'm generally against abortion, I hadn't thought of the perpetuation of my race.  What a great idea!  End sarcasm.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quoting PamR:

Quote:

Ok, the only thing I can say is why do people support Planned Parenthood so much, minorities, if the original founding idea behind it was to keep a certain races' populations reduced.  I mean that's what that article stated quite clearly as the founders original intentions of Planned Parenthood.

I mean that would be enough for me to boycott it.

Anyhoo, if someone is claiming that "white folks" disapprove of abortion because they want to build their own race I just don't see it.  If abortion is banned it effects every single women, regardless of race, so in effect increasing every race.

The original founding idea wasn't to keep certain races population reduced.  It was founded in order to provide reproductive health services and contraception to women at a time when these things didn't exist for many women, especially those who were poor.  It also provided, and provides, health care services for children, prenatal care, postnatal care, cancer screening.

Margaret Sanger, at one time, believed in eugenics.  As did Teddy Roosevelt, Winston Churchill and Woodrow Wilson.  Knowledge of genetics at the time was pretty limited, and the movement never took hold anyway.  Do some research and get the facts. 

Not only is your post completely false,  it features three (3) of the worst Americans in history.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Apparently at least one more time.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting momov4888:

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Apparently "at least one more time" WHAT has to be debunked?

I know that PP doesn't give mammograms, Captain Obvious.

They give referrals, they subsidize the cost, and that's saved lives.  I know, sucks for you, right?  But my friend is damned glad they were there to refer her to a doctor that would, after her own doctor refused, and helped her with the cost.

Silly attempt at deflection and entirely off topic.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Apparently at least one more time.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting momov4888:

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Subsidize? No, that's not true..it helps low-income patients FIND grants and assistance to pay for them.

There are only 2 mobile vans that I am aware of...and we, the TAXPAYERS, "subsidize" the services.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting momov4888:

"By not being opposed to evil you endorse evil. Likewise those who say, 'Nobody is pro abortion. We're just pro choice' are guilty of self deception. They are indeed pro abortion ...."

- Fr. Dwight Longenecker

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Splitting hairs.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Subsidize? No, that's not true..it helps low-income patients FIND grants and assistance to pay for them.

There are only 2 mobile vans that I am aware of...and we, the TAXPAYERS, "subsidize" the services.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting momov4888:

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

On the contrary....

Are you not familiar with the English language? Your assertion was a lie. No funds exchange hands. PP does NOT pay for mammograms. Simple.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Splitting hairs.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting momov4888:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN