Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disgruntled Voters Antipathy Towards Obama

Posted by   + Show Post

Your side lost the election so time to secede from the union?Is the the 1861 civil war all over again?

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/01/parallels-to-countrys-racist-past-haunt-age-of-obama/?hpt=us_c2

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Romney lost all one fringe and undecided votes such asy self. Especially after announcing Ryan as his running mate. I would've voted for Santa Clause before voting for them. He alienated the majority of moderate republicans as well. A lot of previous republican voters voted independent this year. Even some of my die hard republican friends did not vote for Romney. With all the disgruntled Americans today, all they had to do really was pick a likable candidate. You wouldn't think that would have been hard but it must have been.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Forgive my confusion, but earlier, you stated this -

Why don't you do what you are supposed to do and get involved. Maybe get involved with your party or even get into govt. yourself. If the republican party hadn't picked such an externe choice they could've won. The gov. Of Utah could've have easily one for example.

So clearly you know that Huntsman could have EASILY ONE (sp).   

Whose votes would he have gotten that Romney didn't get?

You do know that Huntsman is the Great Great Great Grandson of one the LDS founders, yes?

Do you see that as a problem?

Thanks in advance for your explanation.

Quoting paknari:

I'm notnenthralled with him in the least. But everything I've read about him seems pretty good and he's not a whack job.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

The current Utah Governor, or do you mean John Huntsman Jr, and you're just so enthralled with him that you don't know his name?

From what I know about Huntsman, which I admit is minimal since the GOP pushed him out asap, there's a good chance I would have voted for him.

I just do not know sometimes if you all simply do not understand the first thing about politics.

To be elected running under the Republican banner, one is going to have to garner Republican votes. someone that appeals to you, is not going to appeal to mainstream Republicans,  I don't know how that is so hard.

Btw - Huntsman is the Great, Great, Great Grandson of one of the founders of the LDS, you see that as problematic at all?

(have someone translate this for you, as you probably see - wahwahwahwah)

paknari
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Like I said, huntsman could have picked up the undecided vote because he is more moderate, more probioaetisanship and doesn't alienate almost everyone he speaks to. I didn't choose to vote against Romney because he is Mormon so that wouldn't have swayed my vote but I can see how that would deter others. However, you hae the repubs who vote red no matter who it is, the ones who vote most of the time and the independents who vote if they feel it is the best candidate. Romney couldn't pull the last category in. Huntsmanay have done that. Then agaIn maybe not but most would have been a better choice than Romney. Except of course Santorum who was an even bigger joke.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Romney lost all one fringe and undecided votes such asy self. Especially after announcing Ryan as his running mate. I would've voted for Santa Clause before voting for them. He alienated the majority of moderate republicans as well. A lot of previous republican voters voted independent this year. Even some of my die hard republican friends did not vote for Romney. With all the disgruntled Americans today, all they had to do really was pick a likable candidate. You wouldn't think that would have been hard but it must have been.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Why don't you do what you are supposed to do and get involved. Maybe get involved with your party or even get into govt. yourself. If the republican party hadn't picked such an externe choice they could've won. The gov. Of Utah could've have easily one for example.

You do know that Huntsman is the Great Great Great Grandson of one the LDS founders, yes?

Quoting paknari:

I'm notnenthralled with him in the least. But everything I've read about him seems pretty good and he's not a whack job.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

The current Utah Governor, or do you mean John Huntsman Jr, and you're just so enthralled with him that you don't know his name?

From what I know about Huntsman, which I admit is minimal since the GOP pushed him out asap, there's a good chance I would have voted for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

I just do not know sometimes if you all simply do not understand the first thing about politics.

To be elected running under the Republican banner, one is going to have to garner Republican votes. someone that appeals to you, is not going to appeal to mainstream Republicans,  I don't know how that is so hard.

Btw - Huntsman is the Great, Great, Great Grandson of one of the founders of the LDS, you see that as problematic at all?

I started to write an actual reply to you and realized, there is no point. You will just attack and make things up about me or twist my words to attack some more.

I'm not playing your stupid games. Have a nice day.

Reality favors Liberalism

paknari
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM
If Romney is the new version of mainstream republican then it is a much different party than it used to be. Most people consider him extreme

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting paknari:

Like I said, huntsman could have picked up the undecided vote because he is more moderate, more probioaetisanship and doesn't alienate almost everyone he speaks to. I didn't choose to vote against Romney because he is Mormon so that wouldn't have swayed my vote but I can see how that would deter others. However, you hae the repubs who vote red no matter who it is, the ones who vote most of the time and the independents who vote if they feel it is the best candidate. Romney couldn't pull the last category in. Huntsmanay have done that. Then agaIn maybe not but most would have been a better choice than Romney. Except of course Santorum who was an even bigger joke.

Agreed but the extremist base didn't want anyone reasonable or who was truly for small govt so they made sure to run Huntsman and Johnson off. Todays GOP seems to be for big govt involved in citizens lives but small govt for corps,  letting business run amuck. They have it backwards, IMO.

It's very sad that some people still take a candidates religion into account. For me, as long as they don't want to legislate their religion onto the rest of us, I don't care. That was my beef with Santorum. I liked Huckabee a few years back until he started talking about amending the Constitution to prevent gay marriage. I know the odds he would have been able to accomplish that were slim but I can't vote for someone with that mentality.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Do you have a link to that data, because that does not coincide with any factual information.
Quoting paknari:

If Romney is the new version of mainstream republican then it is a much different party than it uses to be. Most people consider him extreme

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

paknari
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Wow that doesnt need a link because it is opinion. His type is the reason a lot of us left the party and started voting independent. I am sittin this not only on personal opinion but in that of most of the people I've talked to who have left the party. are you wanting I have an actual conversation or are you just on here to make comments that don't lead anywhere? If so, why do you dosagree with huntsman? Why do you think Romney lost of he suits the ideals of the majority? Do you think his religion was the reason he didn't win? What ideals are you as a republican not swing in candidates such as huntsman and johnson?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Do you have a link to that data, because that does not coincide with any factual information.

Quoting paknari:

If Romney is the new version of mainstream republican then it is a much different party than it uses to be. Most people consider him extreme

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Simple minded youngsters only know what they have been taught by our unionized public school system.

Quoting 4kidz916:

When are you going to see this has nothing to do with race or Obama personally.  It has to do with the way our country is being run into the ground. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Many on the left consider anyone right of Castro to be extreme.

Quoting paknari:

If Romney is the new version of mainstream republican then it is a much different party than it used to be. Most people consider him extreme

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM

The problem with this thread is that Hiram Rhodes Revels was a Republican - like all black elected leaders for 100 years. The successions of the 1860s were over slavery - The Confederate states wanted slavery, the Union ones did not. Has nothing to do with today's secessionist petitioners wanting to be free of Obama's onerous and economically disastrous policies that have lost jobs all over the country.

I think it is racist to view Obama only as a black man - rather than as a man who promotes policies that subjugate the American people to a lesser lifestyle than in the past, in his zeal to make America more and more socialist like Europe.  I think those who view Obama as primarily a black man, who call Americans racist who are simply exercising their right to free speech, are racist. Losing a job is an economic issue, not one of race. Besides, the unemployment rate of blacks is twice the national average. So if blacks really cared about jobs, they would also vote against Obama.

And I do not believe the succession petitions are well thought-out plans. The White House website "We the People" allows the easy submission of petitions. We've never had that before. So if you have 48% of the electorate unhappy with the election results, very unhappy with Obama, who heard about this public White House website, which keeps getting more publicity day by day, of course you are going to get lots of people join the bandwagon! Most states would never survive on their own, except for perhaps Texas. I don't think any of these are serious in the long run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)