Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Beck: Obama ‘set up’ Petraeus to ‘discredit the military’

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 31 Replies

LMAO.We knew this would not take long.

Beck: Obama ‘set up’ Petraeus to ‘discredit the military’

By David Edwards
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:30 EST

Glenn Beck rants about David Petraeus' sex scandal

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck is accusing of President Barack Obama’s administration of a manufacturing former CIA Director David Petraeus’ sex scandal as a plot to “discredit the military.”

“This is a set up,” Beck said on his Tuesday broadcast. “This is spontaneous, they just found out? Bull crap. They have known. The White House knew during the vetting process that Petraeus was carrying on an inappropriate relationship. They knew it. They knew that he could be easily compromised, but they appointed him anyway.”

“Because when you have the goods on someone — you need a pressure point,” he explained. “Just like this Jill [Kelley] lady. She’s got $2 million in debt. She’s in and out of court all the time. Pressure point. Same with the general. ‘General Betray Us,’ that’s what the left used to call him. Now, he’s put up to head the CIA? Really? Of course. They have a pressure point.”

“And now he’s being discredited. This whole scandal is doing what? How’s your opinion of the military? Discredit the last-standing, honorable institution we have: the military.”

Beck added: “These people in Washington are really bad people. And they will use anything, any pressure point. And you will fold. This, today, is all about discrediting the military while distracting the media.”

A video of Beck’s full 20-minute, conspiracy-filled rant can be viewed here.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angie_O
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM

This is funny as my local news stated he WILL be testifying tomorrow ;)

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't know if Gen. Patraeus is being discredited, but the surprise timing of the disclosure of his affair is questionable.  Why was Amb. Stevens in Libya?  Was the US stocking rebels with weapons?  Did the US capture 3 Libyans?  I guess it's more important/interesting to some people to hear about a sex scandal than to find out the truth about the deaths of 4 Americans and who knew what and when did they know it.  It's obvious now that the deaths of 4 Americans were NOT caused by a youtube video.  The administration has been fumbling in it's response to the truth about the events that occurred in Libya.  Now they just so happened to have a convenient sex scandal to put forth as another smoke screen.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Would love to be a little mouse in the file cabinet at the White House...

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM

shimamab
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
This dude plays like a caricature to me...I just can't take him seriously with his chalkboard of conspiracy and super serious glasses.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM

My fav ;-) Love you Beck!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't know that I agree with Glenn Beck.  

On the other hand, I very much respect Charles Krauthammer. He said today something that makes so much better sense to me:

That the affair had been known by the FBI for a year, and held over Petraeus's head, and that he thought it if he gave testimony re: the Benghazi attack that was favorable to the administration, that the affair would be kept under wraps, and that he'd be able to keep his job.

This, sadly, sounds completely plausible, and yet another tragic chapter in this tragic story.  It's a conjecture, don't know yet if it's true - but it has the ring of truth about it, and of human frailty. I don't know that anyone from any party would keep something like this hidden, but it is sad that the former General may have thought his testimony could be bought.

http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi-gate/2012/11/13/krauthammer-petraeus-benghazi-testimony-was-he-influenced-fact-he-knew-his-fate-was-held-obama-admin

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Why on earth would one man's bad judgement discredit the entire miltary?  Who has a thought process that works that way?  It's just crazy talk.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this
But it's not just one man anymore. There's now another 4 star general involved.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Why on earth would one man's bad judgement discredit the entire miltary?  Who has a thought process that works that way?  It's just crazy talk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SallyMJ:

Don't know that I agree with Glenn Beck.  

On the other hand, I very much respect Charles Krauthammer. He said today something that makes so much better sense to me:

That the affair had been known by the FBI for a year, and held over Petraeus's head, and that he thought it if he gave testimony re: the Benghazi attack that was favorable to the administration, that the affair would be kept under wraps, and that he'd be able to keep his job.

This, sadly, sounds completely plausible, and yet another tragic chapter in this tragic story.  It's a conjecture, don't know yet if it's true - but it has the ring of truth about it, and of human frailty. I don't know that anyone from any party would keep something like this hidden, but it is sad that the former General may have thought his testimony could be bought.

http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi-gate/2012/11/13/krauthammer-petraeus-benghazi-testimony-was-he-influenced-fact-he-knew-his-fate-was-held-obama-admin

Because you figure a year ago -- way back when the FBI supposedly found out -- they decided to sit on it just in case there was some scandal involving the CIA and they could use it as leverage over Patraeus?

Seems legit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN