Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Small business upset Obama met with big business only

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:39 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

"Several small business groups took President Barack Obama to task for only inviting big-business CEOs to the White House to talk about the fiscal cliff."

and

“What happened today at the White House is an insult to the business owners who create two-thirds of net new jobs," said Dan Danner, president and CEO of the National Federation of Independent Business. "Make no mistake: today’s discussion between the president and Fortune 500 CEOs was about raising rates on small-business owners, not on the people in the room."

Looks like Obama has forgotten the little guy and only cares about the Fortune 500 companies.

Article Link:  http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/washingtonbureau/2012/11/14/small-business-upset-obama-met-with.html

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:48 AM
3 moms liked this

This guy has no idea of how economics works. He keeps doing things that are bad for business and the economy, and keeps wondering why not only are jobs not created, but that every day businesses are laying off thousands of jobs. 

Sure wish we had a successful buinessman as our president. Oops. 

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM
3 moms liked this

He hasn't forgotten the little guy--he never cared about us in the first place.  It's obvious with all the regulations and new taxes that are hurting small businesses.  The greedy business owners that everyone here keeps talking about, well those are the ones that Obama is meeting with.  

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Maybe he has a fall back plan when everything fails... debtor prisons perhaps..

NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

He has lowered taxes on the smallest businesses. You should really read the proposal and then you would know.  To make the changes he wants he need Congress to approve them. The GOP only cares about those top 3%  and not the 97% of small businesses that make under  $250,000 a year.

I have a small business my taxes when down. So maybe you don't know what you talking about. 

They big companies will get breaks if they bring jobs back home instead of being rewarded for sending them away like they where under past Presidents. And I mean more then GW Bush this has been fact for a long time.

I am hoping that Congress will see the need for giving small business more breaks so we can grow the jobs in our own communities. 

JavaMom2one
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
So that is your take. But then explain why small businesses are angry over being excluded? There must be a reason for their anger.

Quoting NancSBRN:

He has lowered taxes on the smallest businesses. You should really read the proposal and then you would know.  To make the changes he wants he need Congress to approve them. The GOP only cares about those top 3%  and not the 97% of small businesses that make under  $250,000 a year.

I have a small business my taxes when down. So maybe you don't know what you talking about. 

They big companies will get breaks if they bring jobs back home instead of being rewarded for sending them away like they where under past Presidents. And I mean more then GW Bush this has been fact for a long time.

I am hoping that Congress will see the need for giving small business more breaks so we can grow the jobs in our own communities. 

29again
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting NancSBRN:

Hmmm.  That is great for you!  However, the owner of the business that I work for has not seen his taxes go down, at all.  In fact, they have been raised, partially because of the SS tax, where the employee has less taken out.  That means that instead of 4% and 4%, the employee pays 2% while the employer pays 6%.  (actual percentages may be different, point is, employers are paying 50% more for SS tax.) 

Obama sees three groups of people:  His base, the ones dependent on govt; the super rich, who get the loopholes so they can keep their riches; and the rest, who pay for the base to be dependent.  That last group is the one who pays and pays and pays, and now they will get to pay some more.  I have no confidence that Obama will do something that will actually increase taxes on the mega wealthy, because he simply doesn't understand how they get their wealth, how they keep it, and what they do with it.   He just knows they have it, and it sounds so good to attack them in the media, while giving them more and more breaks.  I have no problem with them being able to keep their money, just stop attacking THEM as the base problem!

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Ah!  But Obama is looking out for the little guy!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

"Go to prison until you pay every last penny!" Shades from Charles Dickens.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Maybe he has a fall back plan when everything fails... debtor prisons perhaps..

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Looking for him as he steps on him.

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Ah!  But Obama is looking out for the little guy!

Simmeringhearts
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I have a small business. I would rather have my toe nails ripped out than to meet with Obama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN