Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hoping Republicans Learned A Lesson About Social Issues

Posted by   + Show Post

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/146254/heres_hoping_the_republicans_learned?ct=momsmatter_featured&p=1&cid=6011

Social issues can overturn pocketbook issues when you are leery of the candidates personal views.Republicans need to rethink alienating voters  who would have otherwise voted for Romney.

It wasnt for the goodies....it was about character and integrity.America wanted a president for all people not just those viewed by conservatives worthy to be American.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Replies (61-65):
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

McCain could have won had he not chosen a nut for his running mate.
Romney didn't come across as moderate.
The term RINO is ridiculous. It implies that the person using the term is the arbiter of what makes a Republican, and that just isn't the case.

If McCain had been the man I thought he was in 2000, I might have voted for him. Unfortunately he sold out to get the bod, I knew for sure when he hired Rove-after what they did to him in 2000.

I've been bitching about Obama for years and hoped the GOP would nominate someone I could support. I don't know how anyone can say Romney was too far right or left because he changed depending on the audience.

I wish the GOP would dump the Christian extremists who want to legislate their beliefs onto the rest of us, chill on the social issues and act like real, small govt Conservatives.

You are in Cali. your vote is of no consequence.

On the bright side, you great Americans voted in a Democratic Super-majority in your state, they can do anything they want, you all can be one really big successful Detroit!

I doubt that anyone is very shocked that simple English sounds so weird to you.

GoodPenny
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I couldn't agree more. Right now many are still riding the obama high that or they haven't put the pipe down since he was reelected. Just wait.....in about a year when we are in it deeper than ever cm will be blowing up with all the griping, well those that are still able to afford Internet.
Quoting madmueller:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!  - Didn't vote for him the first time and the first four years devastating! Now you voted him back in - I can only pray!

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep hearing that flip-flop thing, but I might have missed it, do you have some examples?

Quoting Liz132:

The reason I disliked Romneyso much is I couldn't tell where he really stood on the issues, it seemed like he kept changing his stance on everything to try and get votes. If you're going to stand for something then stand for it! Don't flop around like a dying fish trying desperately to find the life sustainingwater(votes) I don't think the Republicans will change, I think they will say they changed but in four years they will put out the same old tired candidate with a new face. That's okay I found a party that better represents my views.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Quoting Billiejeens:

Apparently not, probably just heard rumors that the kool kids thought that.

Xlandria
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I almost choked on my coffee, (actually I think I did dribble a bit), when I read how you're equating character & integrity to Obama. People who have those 2 traits do not lie and withhold information from the American public whom you seem to think he cares about. Where is Obama now? Oh yeah, he's in Burma/Myanmar making his legacy and setting up companies to take more of our jobs. Don't you think he should be here working on OUR economy first. You know the saying, "Clean up your own back yard before cleaning up your neighbors". Maybe I'll send him a note reminding him he "promised" to make our economy his first priority. Yep, heard that one before.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)