Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Krauthammer: “Why the H*ll” Did You Have Rice Address Benghazi If She “Had Nothing To Do With It?”…

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

(WZ)

Bingo.

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Well, you called it his one show of passion. I would say it was his usual show of indignation which is his default response whenever he feels defensive or backed into a corner. You know, “How dare you attack my UN ambassador?” And he gives the strangest defense by saying, “She didn’t have anything to do with the Benghazi affair.” Well then why the hell are you sending her out there? Why don’t you send, why didn’t you send out the Secretary of State or the CIA director or Panetta or somebody who did know?

And then he does play this sort of Lancelot defending the mistress in distress. You know, it made Mitt Romney and the binders with women look positively feminist in comparison. This kind of patronizing attack on the two male Senators who would dare attack the girl, which is what was intended in his tone. This is all its usual, you know, if you attack his pride he’ll strike you on that. And it was clearly defensive, and it was also a stonewall.

I mean, after all, what she said was absolutely and completely misleading either inadvertently, in which case is complete incompetence, or on purpose in which case it’s deception. And he basically he took the bait on that and said, “Look, that wasn’t her speaking. That was me speaking. If you want to pick on somebody, pick on me.”

Well how can anybody pick on him or even question him if he hasn’t had a press conference in eight months? You know, he clearly hasn’t been out there. He’s been hiding behind inquiries, behind investigations, and now behind Susan Rice.

But now I think he’s out there, and he’s vulnerable on this. I think he may regret having said that.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

*claps!

billsfan1104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM
4 moms liked this
I totally agree. How the hell would she be secretary of state if she cant take criticism, without Obama coming to her aid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billsfan1104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
5 moms liked this
And he is right. Why cant Rice defend herself? She needs to put on her big girl panties and get over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

She was saying exactly what had been given to her - the CIA talking points, based on what they knew (or chose to expose) at that time. 

LIMom1105
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

She was saying what had been given to her, and I don't think she deserves the pile-up that's happening now.  But I agree with his premise--why was she the one to speak if she knew nothing about it?

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I mean, after all, what she said was absolutely and completely misleading either inadvertently, in which case is complete incompetence, or on purpose in which case it’s deception. And he basically he took the bait on that and said, “Look, that wasn’t her speaking. That was me speaking. If you want to pick on somebody, pick on me.”

Well how can anybody pick on him or even question him if he hasn’t had a press conference in eight months? You know, he clearly hasn’t been out there. He’s been hiding behind inquiries, behind investigations, and now behind Susan Rice.

shimamab
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I think this was her job interview, KWIM? Just like they sent Powell out with a bullshit story to sell us. Whether she sold the bs well or not is up for debate, but calling her a liar when she was telling the story she was told is out of line. Esp from someone like McCain who knows how the military and govt works. If Obama didn't make a statement about this, y'all would be bashing him for throwing her under the bus. No pleasin' some folks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simmeringhearts
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Obama is as thin skinned as they come. So, Rice would fit right in.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I totally agree. How the hell would she be secretary of state if she cant take criticism, without Obama coming to her aid?

billsfan1104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM
3 moms liked this
u guys on the left are unreal. Call Bush and everyone else a liar for WMDs, but its Obama is excused for "faulty intelligence"

Quoting shimamab:

I think this was her job interview, KWIM? Just like they sent Powell out with a bullshit story to sell us. Whether she sold the bs well or not is up for debate, but calling her a liar when she was telling the story she was told is out of line. Esp from someone like McCain who knows how the military and govt works. If Obama didn't make a statement about this, y'all would be bashing him for throwing her under the bus. No pleasin' some folks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL. I call their rationale "faulty intelligence". wink mini

Quoting billsfan1104:

u guys on the left are unreal. Call Bush and everyone else a liar for WMDs, but its Obama is excused for "faulty intelligence"

Quoting shimamab:

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". ~Ronald Reagan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)