Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Romney: Obama Won Election By Buying Off Minorities And Young Voters With “Gifts”…

Posted by   + Show Post

(WZ)

Free stuff.

Via NY Times:

A week after losing the election to President Obama, Mitt Romney blamed his overwhelming electoral loss on what he said were big “gifts” that the president had bestowed on loyal Democratic constituencies, including young voters, African-Americans and Hispanics.

In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

“In each case they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said.

“With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift,” he said. “Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents’ plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008.”

The president’s health care plan, he added, was also a useful tool in mobilizing African-American and Hispanic voters. Though Mr. Romney won the white vote with 59 percent, according to exit polls, minorities coalesced around the president in overwhelming numbers — 93 percent of blacks and 71 percent of Hispanics voted to re-elect Mr. Obama.

“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free health care, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity, I mean, this is huge,” he said. “Likewise with Hispanic voters, free health care was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group.”

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
PeeperSqueak
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM
5 moms liked this

Heard on the radio early this morning a caller in Ohio saying that a bus load of people came to vote on Election day. While getting back on the bus they were each handed a bag of groceries.  When the caller asked about what was happening.....the answer was a vote for BO got you a bag of groceries.............

BO was just so desperate for votes he had to bribe ? I believe all this is racists because...........the voters were being treated like they were so stupid and the current administration taking advantage of their ignorance and buying votes.

Also it is very telling that he supposedly won the election, yet much of America is getting petitions to seceede ?

Lurion
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM
6 moms liked this

You guys got phones?!

I voted for Obama and got nothing but women's rights and a clear-thinking leader.

Was it 'cause I'm white? I want my phone!!

jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM
More proof that he just doesn't get it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shimamab
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Love the part about leaving people on their parents insurance until they are 26. Didn't Romney agree with that during one of his incarnations?!? Sour, sour grapes. Take a little trip on your yacht, it'll soothe your soul.

Quoting rccmom:

Using this logic, all Romney promised was money to the rich. So his plan to buy off the rich did not work.

Or we could all use real logic, and look at what the American people really meant by their vote.  

tairakittie
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Out of touch? No, I know whats going on and im disgusted by it and choose to live a more simple, healthier life. Unfortunately and thankfully I was born in this country, in the current state im in, and things are hard. I see the price of everything going up, I see technology advancing, and im pretty sure we are becoming a race of fat, stupid, lazy, cancer ridden materialistic, mass of a plague on this earth and the higher ups are sitting on top of piles of money laughing their asses off and experimenting on the masses. Have fun in your perfect delusion though.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You do seem a little out of touch, although admittedly I once thought the same things, I was 12.

Quoting tairakittie:

They arent, bt if people would stop being so selfish and help those in need when they can, less people would be in need and more people would have the things they needed when they needed them. Why cant we grow food to give to people for free? Why cant doctors practice for the good of man and not for a profit? If more people ate well, less people would be sick. If more people had decent food and a roof over their heeds, maybe theyd be less likely to fill the streets or resort to crime or violence. Maybe if wr focused on taking care of the people instead of worrying about profit, there would be less war... But hey, im just a silly hippie who doesnt know anything about whats going down on tv.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Either way, how are they your neighbors problem?

Quoting tairakittie:

So food, housing and health care are wants and not basic needs, gotcha!! I'll remember to tell that to all the homeless people and underpriveledged kids I see.

Quoting Billiejeens:

That's true, if one works and can't afford everything they want, their neighbors should absolutely pay to get them some.

Quoting tairakittie:

What about those who do work but still cant afford those things? If you havent noticed, all those things are becoming more and more expensive yet the minimum wage hasnt gone up... Trust me, it is not "free" for everyone and very few people actually abuse the system...

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

Spot on! Why vote for the man that will make you go to work and take away your free food, cash, housing, medical care, etc?

jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
The election in Ohio wasn't rigged. If it was, Romney would have won.

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Heard on the radio early this morning a caller in Ohio saying that a bus load of people came to vote on Election day. While getting back on the bus they were each handed a bag of groceries.  When the caller asked about what was happening.....the answer was a vote for BO got you a bag of groceries.............

BO was just so desperate for votes he had to bribe ? I believe all this is racists because...........the voters were being treated like they were so stupid and the current administration taking advantage of their ignorance and buying votes.

Also it is very telling that he supposedly won the election, yet much of America is getting petitions to seceede ?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

What are you basing that on?

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

The election in Ohio wasn't rigged. If it was, Romney would have won.

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It's very true. Also the "Obamaphones", "free" cell phones, paid for by precious taxpayer dollars, in exchange for anticipated votes of these people, which has turned out to be the case. 

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM

What's ironic is that the man who would have "created" more jobs  (for taxpayers to pay taxes)  to keep these programs afloat was not voted in..and if they think taxing the rich is going to do it...it wont.  No jobs..no taxes..no taxes no programs..then what?  Well, we'll see what happens up the road..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)