Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Sorta O/T No more twinkies? UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Say it isn't so, my husband would be so devastated not to have those Hostess treats on a regular basis, well that and the loads.

http://www.kwch.com/business/kwch-hostess-ceo-gives-striking-workers-thursday-deadline-20121114,0,2860295.story

UPDATE, the curfew passed and now Hostess is going into Federal court tomorrow to try to start liquidation of the entire company. Companies can start closing as early as Tuesday.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/222134/314/Hostess-strike-continues-past-deadline?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Replies (61-67):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM
And they can thank their unions for losing their jobs cause apparently no job is better than taking a small pay cut

Quoting Canvas_says:

18,500 in total starting Tuesday 

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

How many will lose their jobs? How sad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:06 PM

sarcasm Nah he doesn't have another reelection so he can't some in and claim that the Twinkie is still alive and he saved them. Maybe he should hand them out as gifts to all that voted for him.

Quoting imamomzilla:

The government should step in and nationalize them. We need a Twinkie Bailout stat!

billsfan1104
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember going to the Wonder Bread factory for a tour. They gave free samples of bread at the end with some butter
Yummy.

Quoting Carpy:

When I was little I always wanted my mom to get me wonder bread because I thought I would grow like the kids in the commercials.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Instead of negotiating a increase as the economy gets better, they'd rather the bread lines. Wait, those to will be closed. We eat a lot of wonder bread, guess I need to learn the recipe quick.

Quoting Canvas_says:

Everyone wants the rich to give in and pay more taxes and take cuts, but the Unions won't take any cuts that ensure employment. Shooting themselves in the foot. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

It is, unions won't accept the pay terms set by the courts. So I guess unemployment is better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this on the news this morning. Something I found interesting, they said the bakery workers were striking but the Teamsters who drive their trucks were given everything they wanted. Wonder why?

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

_Kissy_
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I am amused by the so-called end the Twinkie. Folks, this is an ingenious marketing ploy that's using social media to create a spike in Twinkies sales while Hostess throws its workers under the bus. This is straight out of the "New Coke" playbook of the 1980s. Twinkies aren't going away, just middle class wages.

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM

ohhh, Conspiracy theory, tell me more. Are you saying that they didn't already close three of their companies down, and go into federal court to start liquidation? 

Quoting _Kissy_:

I am amused by the so-called end the Twinkie. Folks, this is an ingenious marketing ploy that's using social media to create a spike in Twinkies sales while Hostess throws its workers under the bus. This is straight out of the "New Coke" playbook of the 1980s. Twinkies aren't going away, just middle class wages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN