Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

If we go over the Cliff get ready to pay Higher State Taxes.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM
  • 27 Replies

What do you think is going to happen if your federal tax dollars do not make it to your states. Your state is going to raise Property Taxes, if you have one Sale Taxes and you will pay more anyway.

If asking those that make over $250 and make not mistake Most People and 97% of small business do not make that much then the States will have no choice.

In Oregon we already have seen Property taxes go up on services we do not recieve. I live in the country and Police would not show up here is I called. Unless I called and said I just shot and intruder and I would probably be the one in trouble then.

Oregon cannot pay for their schools right now with the Lottery dollars and Taxes they already collect. Schools did not have enough money in some cases to give their Jr. and Sr. Students a Full Day of schooling.  Heaven forbid Your students get a better education then you had.  I am sure across the country Parents are seening the same thing as Oregon. 

Probably many of you do not own property so you already take advantage of other tax payers. In Oregon we do not have a Sales Tax so most all the burden falls on those of us that own our own homes.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Is English your second language?

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM
5 moms liked this

I suppose that's what is going to have to happen, until Congress makes some concessions that cut the entitlement programs. This tax the rich mentality can not be sustained when we just continue to hand it all out and add new programs to it each day. 

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this
They are going up anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Who you think it to blame for higher taxes? I'm being serious.

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM
6 moms liked this

Even IF we taxed the rich (top 1%) at 100% and seized ALL their assets and sold them, it STILL would NOT make a dent in the deficit. It is that big!

banging head into wall

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Bush

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this

LOL. Oh yea, Silly me, I forgot!

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Bush

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Am I the only one stunned by this post?

I saw the title, and thought what the heck has Zilla posted now?

I come to the thread and see a member that is a 100% Obama backer concerned about "fiscal" issues?

Is this a joke? Did someone hack her account?  I am dazed and confused.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We are going to be paying higher state taxes either way.  Any tax increase must be accompanied by reductions in spending.  It will be up to the states to make the decision whether or not to make up the shortfall by raising taxes or cutting programs.

It is illogical to think that paying down this deficit isn't going to have to be painful for everyone, whether it is because your taxes go up or because services that you use will face cuts.  It just is what it is.

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Only concerned about what it does to her pocketbook, it's alright if it's the pocketbooks of people she don't know that live in imaginary mansions because 200k is so much money. 

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting imamomzilla:

Am I the only one stunned by this post?

I saw the title, and thought what the heck has Zilla posted now?

I come to the thread and see a member that is a 100% Obama backer concerned about "fiscal" issues?

Is this a joke? Did someone hack her account?  I am dazed and confused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN