Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama's War on Women, cont.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 1 Replies
1 mom liked this

(weeklystandard)

Kirsten Powers writes:

Don't pick on the little lady.

Wednesday, President Obama bizarrely cast the U.N. Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, as some delicate flower the boys should stop picking on for her dissembling claims on five Sunday talk shows following the killing of 4 Americans in Benghazi. But, there is no damsel in distress and Obama's paternalistic bravado in defense of a top administration official is going to come back to haunt him. ...

Obviously caught up in his own silly yarn about meanie Senators and helpless U.N. Ambassadors, the President complained, "When they go after the U.N. ambassador apparently because they think she's an easy target, then they've got a problem with me."

Imagine George Bush saying that people criticized John Bolton because he was an "easy target." He wouldn't.

It's absurd and chauvinistic for Obama to talk about the woman he thinks should be Secretary of State of the United States as if she needs the big strong man to come to her defense because a couple of Senators are criticizing her.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

"Oh, Ms. Rice,  Have no fear.  I'm here on my trusty steed to defend you.   Do you like my bike?  Uncle Joe just took off the training wheels."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)