Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Does our ELECTION SYSTEM need an overhaul?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Does the US election process need an overhaul?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Prior to this most recent Presidential election, many (both Republicans and Democrats) reported voter fraud.  Prior to the election, some states had tried to pass a law that their state require a PHOTO Voter's ID card (and the Supreme Court voted it down).  During the election process, there were questions about whether some voters were even LEGAL voters and there were complaints about how some states permit EARLY VOTING but that other states didn't.  During it, I had heard so many people ask, "Why does one state vote by chad, another vote by lever, and still another vote by written ballot?" Before the election was even over, many felt that the outcome wasn't accurate. And when it WAS over, many stated that the outcome can't be trusted.

All this being said, I want to know:

How many of you feel that our ELECTION PROCESS needs an OVERHAUL? And if so, what should be changed about it?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Replies (71-76):
NancSBRN
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Yeah I say make it all Vote by mail then only registered Voters will get a Ballot. Works well in Oregon :)  I do not trust these new computer machines I think the Margin for glitches is to great they tested many of them and they all had issues. 

I showed my ID when I registered to Be a voter that should be good enough. 

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM

You'll notice that in states that required ID (not allowed to vote without it), voter fraud was almost nonexistent.  In states that didn't, such as pennsylvania, voter fraud was there on some level, such as in Pennsylvania, where a machine was caught on tape changing votes to Obama from Romney.

Redwall
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:19 PM

If you receive public assistance you shouldn't be allowed to vote, because as De Tocqueville said, "American will continue as long as people don't  know they can vote themselves other peoples money."

(paraphrased)

Bek22
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Quoting Billiejeens:

That's crazy. What if you came in to vote and they told you, sorry, you already did?They should fix that. Someone could have died the day before and someone votes for them.
itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM

In my view if there needs to be anything we do that is uniform in how we do it, it is how Presidential elections are held.  To many different ways in to many different states. First thing I'd do is stop all mail in ballots but military and special cases (travel, invalid etc) Everyone else needs to get up off their asses and go vote. Employers are required to let employees go vote already. I'm all for changing the vote from 1 day to 4 or even a week if necessary. All voting machines should be the same also. There is to much election fraud with this mumbo jumbo system we have.

timeforprogress
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM

No thank you.  I like our system of mail in ballots.

Quoting itsmesteph11:

In my view if there needs to be anything we do that is uniform in how we do it, it is how Presidential elections are held.  To many different ways in to many different states. First thing I'd do is stop all mail in ballots but military and special cases (travel, invalid etc) Everyone else needs to get up off their asses and go vote. Employers are required to let employees go vote already. I'm all for changing the vote from 1 day to 4 or even a week if necessary. All voting machines should be the same also. There is to much election fraud with this mumbo jumbo system we have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)