Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

If you are pro-choice...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
  • 84 Replies
6 moms liked this

Generally speaking to those women who agree with the whole liberal party platform, I must ask,

if you are pro-choice...

why do align yourself to an ideology that offers you no choices?

You are being given no choice in deciding whether or not you want healthcare insurance

You were not given a choice in subsidizing ceo bonuses with bail outs

You were not given a choice to have a carbon tax slapped onto the fees of vehicle registration

You were not given a choice over when wars would end, how much would be spent on them

You were not given a choice over raising the debt ceiling while congressmen continued to over-spend

The only choices, American women, that you have been given are the choice to abort your unborn and the choice to smoke [/vote on smoking] marijuana recreationally.  Whoopee.

What does that say?

It tells me that your party prefers you do not reproduce and that you be stoned whilst weighing this and other decisions.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodPenny
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this
Slow hand clap
GoodPenny
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Mrs. Buttersworth you pose some interesting questions. Now let's just sit back and watch all the spinning. I bet many will say that the things you mentioned have nothing to personally do with their body.
PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM
11 moms liked this

What is the liberal party?  Democrats are not necessarily "liberal."  Most people are a bit more complicated than that.

None of us has a choice on when the world will end, or wars, or how much is spent on them.  We can only express our ideas about how we feel about issues and hope the people who represent us in government are listening. 

Women have a lot of choices now that we didn't always have.  We can get an education, we can vote, we can work and achieve more in a career than would have been possible 100 years ago.  We can choose to use contraceptives to control if and when we have a family, something we also couldn't do legally until the mid-20th century in some places.  Yes, we have the right to choose to terminate a pregnancy if we feel it's the right decision.  Some politicians (who are mostly male) actually think women have the intellectual ability to make these decisions.  Your party (I assume you are a republican) seems to have an overload of men who feel that rape is sometimes "legitimate" and sometimes not, a pregnancy can't occur from "legitimate" rape because women have magical spermicide that is unleashed during "legitimate" rape, a pregnancy that does occur from rape is a gift...in other words, conservatives don't seem to have a very high opinion of women at all.  A woman who wants to use contraception and feels that medical insurance should cover that cost (as contraception can also be used for  medical conditions, not just to prevent pregnancy - although that in itself is a responsible action by the woman) is a slut who wants the public to pay for her to have sex.  My party supports equal pay for equal work

Yeah, I can smoke if I choose to and so can you.  And living in a red state, I know "smokers" who aren't liberal, believe me. 

And if you think "my party" prefers women not reproduce and that we be stoned, you must have been smoking something, or you're choosing to be ignorant.

caito
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PamR:

What is the liberal party?  Democrats are not necessarily "liberal."  Most people are a bit more complicated than that.

None of us has a choice on when the world will end, or wars, or how much is spent on them.  We can only express our ideas about how we feel about issues and hope the people who represent us in government are listening. 

Women have a lot of choices now that we didn't always have.  We can get an education, we can vote, we can work and achieve more in a career than would have been possible 100 years ago.  We can choose to use contraceptives to control if and when we have a family, something we also couldn't do legally until the mid-20th century in some places.  Yes, we have the right to choose to terminate a pregnancy if we feel it's the right decision.  Some politicians (who are mostly male) actually think women have the intellectual ability to make these decisions.  Your party (I assume you are a republican) seems to have an overload of men who feel that rape is sometimes "legitimate" and sometimes not, a pregnancy can't occur from "legitimate" rape because women have magical spermicide that is unleashed during "legitimate" rape, a pregnancy that does occur from rape is a gift...in other words, conservatives don't seem to have a very high opinion of women at all.  A woman who wants to use contraception and feels that medical insurance should cover that cost (as contraception can also be used for  medical conditions, not just to prevent pregnancy - although that in itself is a responsible action by the woman) is a slut who wants the public to pay for her to have sex.  My party supports equal pay for equal work

Yeah, I can smoke if I choose to and so can you.  And living in a red state, I know "smokers" who aren't liberal, believe me. 

And if you think "my party" prefers women not reproduce and that we be stoned, you must have been smoking something, or you're choosing to be ignorant.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM
8 moms liked this

You seem to think that believing I have personal autonomy over my body means that I should also believe I have personal say in where my tax dollars go.

Let me clarify things:

No party believes you should have personal say in what your tax dollars pay for.

My party believes I have a voice in what happens to my own body.

Anything else you need clarified?

autodidact
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM
3 moms liked this

You were not given a choice in subsidizing ceo bonuses with bail outs

You were not given a choice to have a carbon tax slapped onto the fees of vehicleregistration

You were not given a choice over when wars would end, how much would be spent on them

You were not given a choice over raising the debt ceiling while congressmen continued to over-spend

Bush gave us no choice in these matters either.

and it tells me that my party thinks is whether or when I reproduced it should be MY choice, not theirs.

are you saying that in not persuing the criminalization of alchol it's the Repbulican partys desire that citizens be drunk?   your logic makes me wonder whether YOU are drunk or stoned.  

Lckystarz82
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

ok im not sure i follow this whole line of thinking.if im pro-choice i have to be a democrat/liberal? last time i checked my personal beliefs didnt make me fall in one category or another. my personal beliefs dont always take first choice with politics. im pro-choice and i sure as hell didnt vote for obama. so to say someones beliefs put you in this box that you must go one way or another to me is backwards. not everything is black/white. if  i like someone or party etc its the majority of our similarities that i go with one usually doesnt make or break my direction of who i go with. to generalize pro-choice has NOTHING to do with prefering you to reproduce and a statement like that shows your knowleged on the topic. And for the record i have no issue with them legalizing pot. tell me how smoking pot is worse than getting drunk? that is not the point though  you need to check yourself and understand that there is more to what you just said and it makes you seem ignorant to think that you believe this to be true BUT it is your RIGHT to think this way and i dont hold it against you.

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

This!

Quoting PamR:

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok so you want a choice as to weather or not to kill a baby for reasons I do not understand (since there is birth control and adoption are choices). BUT you are ok with the govt dictating your say over other healthcare needs other than reproduction. ( which affect the body too) I guess I don't get it.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM
5 moms liked this

Pshaw!  I guess you're still drinking the kool aide that Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity and Glenn Beck are still selling.  I have health insurance thru my husband's job.  Why the hell wouldn't you want health insurance?  Pretty stupid not to have it if you ask me.  As for the rest.. That is all a product of the cozy relationship that the republican congress has had with corporations for the last 40+ years.  As for the wars, darling....Those were started by the space cowboy in the White House  --- remember Dubbya?  He was the republican president. 

The whole freakin reason we're in this economic crisis is because of Dubbya.  He pissed away a budget surplus and started TWO -- count 'em with me -- WARS  and DECREASED the tax rate on the wealthy.   We learned during Reagan that trickle down economics doesn't work, but the moron did it again anyway.  

I prefer to vote for the party that stays the hell out of my vagina, thank you very much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)