Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Generally speaking to those women who agree with the whole liberal party platform, I must ask,

if you are pro-choice...

why do align yourself to an ideology that offers you no choices?

You are being given no choice in deciding whether or not you want healthcare insurance

You were not given a choice in subsidizing ceo bonuses with bail outs

You were not given a choice to have a carbon tax slapped onto the fees of vehicle registration

You were not given a choice over when wars would end, how much would be spent on them

You were not given a choice over raising the debt ceiling while congressmen continued to over-spend

The only choices, American women, that you have been given are the choice to abort your unborn and the choice to smoke [/vote on smoking] marijuana recreationally.  Whoopee.

What does that say?

It tells me that your party prefers you do not reproduce and that you be stoned whilst weighing this and other decisions.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
celestegood
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Not all pro choicers are democrats and not all liberals are democrats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Ok so you want a choice as to weather or not to kill a baby for reasons I do not understand (since there is birth control and adoption are choices). BUT you are ok with the govt dictating your say over other healthcare needs other than reproduction. ( which affect the body too) I guess I don't get it.

I will try to explain it.

I want a choice as to whether I am willing to put my body through a pregnancy or not, regardless of whether adoption is an option. 

And, no I'm not okay with the government dictating my health care needs -- but I'm not okay with private insurance doing it either, as they do now (and will under Obamacare, too -- you will still have private insurance.)  But, having a guarantee of affordable health care will mean that I will be in a better position, overall, to make health decisions -- I will not have to wait until after pay day to get birth control (like I did when I was in my early 20s), or being able to have insurance despite having a high blood pressure (which I have now).

In other words, since private companies are no longer able to deny me health care coverage, I am better able to pay for the health care I need.  That is the hope, at least, of Obamacare, and I remain cautiously optimistic that that will be the result,

imamomzilla
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

This should be good...

popcorn

"By not being opposed to evil you endorse evil. Likewise those who say, 'Nobody is pro abortion. We're just pro choice' are guilty of self deception. They are indeed pro abortion ...."

- Fr. Dwight Longenecker

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

A side note on all this "pro-abortion" talk.

This makes no sense.

Calling someone who is pro-choice, pro-abortion, because they believe that abortion should be legal, makes exactly as much sense as calling someone who disagreees with divorce, but nonetheless believes it should be legal, pro-divorce.

There are lots of things that many people think are bad, but nonetheless think should be legal, like divorce, strip clubs, alcohol, guns, fast food, cigarettes, and reality tv shows starring Kardashians. Yet, I doubt that people are truly pro- any of those things. 

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

BUT if you don't want to put your body through a pregnancy either don't have sex or take birth control! How hard is that? I realize BC isn't always effective but 99.9% of the time it is. Geez take the precuations if you don't want your body going through pregnancy.

By not being denied coverage explain how you will better be able to pay for your health care? Aren't your premiums going to go up (if they already haven't) because we are all paying for people to be covered. Simple economic nothing is free. Companies do not want to hire more workers becuase they can't afford to cover workers under obamacare.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Ok so you want a choice as to weather or not to kill a baby for reasons I do not understand (since there is birth control and adoption are choices). BUT you are ok with the govt dictating your say over other healthcare needs other than reproduction. ( which affect the body too) I guess I don't get it.

I want a choice as to whether I am willing to put my body through a pregnancy or not, regardless of whether adoption is an option. 

And, no I'm not okay with the government dictating my health care needs -- but I'm not okay with private insurance doing it either, as they do now (and will under Obamacare, too -- you will still have private insurance.)  But, having a guarantee of affordable health care will mean that I will be in a better position, overall, to make health decisions -- I will not have to wait until after pay day to get birth control (like I did when I was in my early 20s), or being able to have insurance despite having a high blood pressure (which I have now).

In other words, since private companies are no longer able to deny me health care coverage, I am better able to pay for the health care I need.  That is the hope, at least, of Obamacare, and I remain cautiously optimistic that that will be the result,

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

BUT if you don't want to put your body through a pregnancy either don't have sex or take birth control! How hard is that? I realize BC isn't always effective but 99.9% of the time it is. Geez take the precuations if you don't want your body going through pregnancy.

By not being denied coverage explain how you will better be able to pay for your health care? Aren't your premiums going to go up (if they already haven't) because we are all paying for people to be covered. Simple economic nothing is free. Companies do not want to hire more workers becuase they can't afford to cover workers under obamacare.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

I know that every time you have sex, you might get pregnant.  But I don't believe that because you consent to sex, you consent to pregnancy.  That makes as much sense to me as saying I consented to a computer virus because I got on the internet.  Or consented to a car crash because I chose to drive. 

I don't know about premiums, and I don't think you do either; I think the full story of Obamacare is yet to be told.  We know that the mandate encourages more people to buy insurance, and insurance is an economy of scale -- the more people who have it, the cheaper it is for everyone.

And I am better able to pay for my health care, if I have health insurance.  That's how it's cheaper.  I'm also less likely to, well, die, because I went for to long without buying it.  That matters.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM

OMFG! Well seeing how sex leads to pregnancy you ARE consenting to pregnancy every time you have it. Again if you don't want to get pregnant then don't have sex or use birth control. Why can't you take personal responsibility in the matter. That is like saying I like to drink and drive and I know it can lead to deaths but I am going to do it anyway.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

I know that every time you have sex, you might get pregnant.  But I don't believe that because you consent to sex, you consent to pregnancy.  That makes as much sense to me as saying I consented to a computer virus because I got on the internet.  Or consented to a car crash because I chose to drive. 

I don't know about premiums, and I don't think you do either; I think the full story of Obamacare is yet to be told.  We know that the mandate encourages more people to buy insurance, and insurance is an economy of scale -- the more people who have it, the cheaper it is for everyone.

And I am better able to pay for my health care, if I have health insurance.  That's how it's cheaper.  I'm also less likely to, well, die, because I went for to long without buying it.  That matters.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Impressive.

good

PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Birth control occasionally fails, even if you use it correctly and consistently.

But let's talk about the instances of rape and incest and maternal health issues, or even cases where the fetus has a birth defect that will severely compromise or even end it's life.  Abortion, like most things in life, is not black/white.  There are so many reasons why a woman would choose  abortion.  At least men can act as if women have the ability to think and consider and feel and make the right decision for them.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Even if you are specifically "pro choice" for abortion, that should mean that someone is open to all choices. But Planned Parenthood, for example, always promotes abortion over adoption, and even contraception. I would think they would present clients/patients with a full array of choices, but they do not. They make the largest portion of their revenue from abortion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)