Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Reelecting Obama Is Like....

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
lnicole
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It's like saying you wish immigrants would self deport, then are surprised when you lose 70% of their vote.

lnicole
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It's like when you have a campaign funded by billionaires and people don't expect that you will have to pay them back "with favors".

lnicole
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It's like when you tell people who dying of because they don't healthcare that you will repeal the very chance they have of getting healthcare and your surprised they stand in line to make sure you don't do it.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Oh come on it's funny.

Quoting autodidact:

oh, bullshit. 

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM

laughing

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:48 PM

NO NOT IMMIGRANTS!! ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! There is a huge difference. Those who shouldn't be here should self deport.

Quoting lnicole:

It's like saying you wish immigrants would self deport, then are surprised when you lose 70% of their vote.

Citygirlk
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Babies r us tried to do that to dh when he went to return the twins costumes, and that did not end well. He said the lady told him that they said on the news that halloween was happening that day and that they dont take retuns the day of and after halloween and he blow up on her said that he has no tv, and offererd him a refund right away.

Lol i guess no one want an angry black man in their store, either that or she realized how stupid she was for say that.

Quoting viv212:

Ugh that makes me sad. I work for a boss who has no sympathy for our customers that were effected by the hurricane. I'm customer service so I have to deal with hearing the customer and not being able to do anything about it. And it's all about Halloween costumes that they didn't receive until after Halloween. We're not even letting those customers get store credit :(

Quoting imamomzilla:

feel better

Mine too. I have friends who lost their homes in Breezy Point. :-(

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I just got out of the hospital two days ago. I have a long recovery ahead. Thank you for the sincere welcome back. I wish you'd be nicer and get beyond the partisanship; it's old and the election is over. 

Sandy victims are my big concern these days.

Quoting imamomzilla:

YOU'RE BACK!! You were missed.

welcome back

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

She is a never-ending font of it. No substance, pure bullshit.

Quoting autodidact:

oh, bullshit. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Lily LedBetter (or Bedwetter) was not about equal pay at all. All it gave was a right to be sue happy. Purly benefitting corrupt lawyers.

Quoting lnicole:

It's like saying you sign a bill to make abortion illegal and don't support equal pay for women then your surprised you lose most of the female vote.

joey125
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say no more ridiculous than voting Bush back into office after 9/11

lnicole
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 (Pub.L. 111-2, S. 181) is a federal statute in the United States that was the first bill signed into law by President Barack Obama on January 29, 2009. The Act amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The new act states that the 180-day statute of limitations for filing an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination resets with each new paycheck affected by that discriminatory action. The law directly addressed Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 550 U.S. 618 (2007), a U.S. Supreme Court decision that the statute of limitations for presenting an equal-pay lawsuit begins on the date that the employer makes the initial discriminatory wage decision, not at the date of the most recent paycheck.

A bill, also called the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, to supersede the decision, was introduced in the 110th United States Congress but was never enacted, as it was passed by the House but failed in the Senate.

During the campaign for the 2008 elections, the Democrats criticized Republicans for defeating the 2007 version of the bill, citing Republican presidential candidate John McCain's opposition to the bill and candidate Barack Obama's support.[1]

The antecedents of the case were posed when Lilly Ledbetter, a production supervisor at a Goodyear tire plant in Alabama, filed an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, six months before her early retirement in 1998.

Was she discriminated against? yes.  Was she a woman? yes  Did the republicans attempt to block it? yes again.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Lily LedBetter (or Bedwetter) was not about equal pay at all. All it gave was a right to be sue happy. Purly benefitting corrupt lawyers.

Quoting lnicole:

It's like saying you sign a bill to make abortion illegal and don't support equal pay for women then your surprised you lose most of the female vote.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)