Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fox News Captions Footage Of Illegal Border Crossings With ‘The Hispanic Vote’

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

Since Mitt Romney lost the Hispanic vote in record numbers on Election Day, some Republican lawmakers and conservative pundits have openly conceded that the party has a “rhetoric” problem when it comes to the Latino vote and have begun advocating for comprehensive immigration reform.

However, the GOP’s new-found eagerness to appeal to Latinos took a hit on Thursday afternoon when Fox News ran a segment about “The Hispanic Vote In 2012″ and proceeded to show stock footage of people crossing the border illegally:

The United States has hit net zero on illegal immigration, as fewer people are trying to cross the border illegally. In fact, a recent report found that more Mexicans appear to be leaving the United States for Mexico than are leaving Mexico for the U.S.A for the first time since the Great Depression.

Exit polls show that 71 percent of Latinos voted to re-elect President Obama

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Please show a source that just has this video. I only can find this imbedded in liberal news stories, so I suspect the video may have been tampered with. Thanks.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

laughingMore Mexicans are leaving America? I guess they are even figuring out how much it sucks here since Obama has been in office.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Quoting SallyMJ:

Please show a source that just has this video. I only can find this imbedded in liberal news stories, so I suspect the video may have been tampered with. Thanks.

4 mins 15 seconds to 4 mins 45 seconds

The pictures match (slightly) the words the lady is speaking, but are a very unfortunate (insensitive?) match up to the titling.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Meaning it's a mash up. There are no official Fox or other legitimate news acounts, so these rag opinion piece accounts are questionable.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

4 mins 15 seconds to 4 mins 45 seconds

The pictures match (slightly) the words the lady is speaking, but are a very unfortunate (insensitive?) match up to the titling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)