Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Rubio!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHESIV06I-k&feature=player_embedded

The man is brilliant! He managed to convey the issues at stake for this country 100 times better than Romney did. I hope his future in politics is bright.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM
He was impressive at the convention. We definitely need some new blood in the Republican party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM

While I think he is a great candidate, and would have done wonders for the ticket as the Vice President I am cautiously optimistic as what is yet to come. With him being for all but certain the front runner for the 2016 elections, I just know the next 4 years will be about trying to catch him in any mistakes. To be full of people recording his every word to use against him wrongly in the future. Here's to hope. 

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Yep this is true and then you know how the media is going to spin things if they catch him off guard. But they don't care about off the cuff things said by Obama or Biden they get a free pass. But he seems to be a straight shooter as politicians go. I know you are not going to get a 100% perfect candidate.

Quoting Canvas_says:

While I think he is a great candidate, and would have done wonders for the ticket as the Vice President I am cautiously optimistic as what is yet to come. With him being for all but certain the front runner for the 2016 elections, I just know the next 4 years will be about trying to catch him in any mistakes. To be full of people recording his every word to use against him wrongly in the future. Here's to hope. 

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM

While I do like him, my personal favorite would be Chris Christie even forgiving all the fat jokes that will follow him wherever he goes. I think he is what we need right now a full throttle asshole in charge lol. 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Yep this is true and then you know how the media is going to spin things if they catch him off guard. But they don't care about off the cuff things said by Obama or Biden they get a free pass. But he seems to be a straight shooter as politicians go. I know you are not going to get a 100% perfect candidate.

Quoting Canvas_says:

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Chris Christie is willing to get down and dirty and not play nice which is what doomed McCain and Romney so he would be a good choice too, BUT you do have to think about his health. I am still a little stung from all the Obama loving he did though after Sandy.

Quoting Canvas_says:

While I do like him, my personal favorite would be Chris Christie even forgiving all the fat jokes that will follow him wherever he goes. I think he is what we need right now a full throttle asshole in charge lol. 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Canvas_says:

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM

What Christie did in the aftermath of Sandy did not bother me one iota. His job as the leader of New Jersey was and is to see that his people survive and come out of this devastation as quickly as possible. He can not appear to be a Nagin and push away help. It's Washington after all who holds the purse strings to help repair his state so shaking a hand, or offering a hug at a time of destruction I can pass by as necessary evil. He did still support Romney and vote for him and that's what was important. 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Chris Christie is willing to get down and dirty and not play nice which is what doomed McCain and Romney so he would be a good choice too, BUT you do have to think about his health. I am still a little stung from all the Obama loving he did though after Sandy.

Quoting Canvas_says:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Canvas_says:

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Come 2016 I can probably look past that. He was also making a political move by looking favorable in front of the press and he does have to do what is right for the state. He does seem popular in NJ.

Quoting Canvas_says:

What Christie did in the aftermath of Sandy did not bother me one iota. His job as the leader of New Jersey was and is to see that his people survive and come out of this devastation as quickly as possible. He can not appear to be a Nagin and push away help. It's Washington after all who holds the purse strings to help repair his state so shaking a hand, or offering a hug at a time of destruction I can pass by as necessary evil. He did still support Romney and vote for him and that's what was important. 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Canvas_says:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Canvas_says:

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Time will tell, it's just so early to start naming names as it almost never turns out to be those guys on the ticket lol. Up until last year numbers seemed to favor Newt, and people were still begging Christie to be part of the process. Romney kind of climbed out as a surprise to all. He was a great candidate, just didn't see him coming. What I do focus on however, is that the Democrats really have no exciting members to consider right now for the 2016 election. They have their Clinton, but she may have already shot herself in the foot with Benghazi, and then they have Biden and well I will be nice.... 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Come 2016 I can probably look past that. He was also making a political move by looking favorable in front of the press and he does have to do what is right for the state. He does seem popular in NJ.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

OMG if Biden runs I really am moving. He would be worse than Obama IMO. I think Hillary will be done with politics but who knows. Sadly I don't think people care about Benghazi (or enough people care). The sad thing is she is supposed to be somewhat emblematic of feminism but look at the men she stands by (Bill, Obama) who are complete liars and only care about their own agenda.

Quoting Canvas_says:

Time will tell, it's just so early to start naming names as it almost never turns out to be those guys on the ticket lol. Up until last year numbers seemed to favor Newt, and people were still begging Christie to be part of the process. Romney kind of climbed out as a surprise to all. He was a great candidate, just didn't see him coming. What I do focus on however, is that the Democrats really have no exciting members to consider right now for the 2016 election. They have their Clinton, but she may have already shot herself in the foot with Benghazi, and then they have Biden and well I will be nice.... 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)