Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

LOL! Hillary Clinton Falls Asleep During Obama Speech In Burma…

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

As part of his trip through several East Asian nations, President Obama delivered a speech at Myanmar’s University of Yangon in Rangoon at about 2:30 in the afternoon, local time. The speech aired live in the U.S. at around 3 am, which is, presumably, the time clock that most American bodies were following at that time. The President spoke eloquently of the reforms that have begun to take hold in Myanmar (also known as Burma), and the work yet to be done, and while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hung in there for about the first half-hour, she eventually succumbed to what appeared to be a deep meditative state.

CNN’s cameras first checked in with Secretary Clinton about fifteen minutes into the speech, seated next to Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Burmese dissident Aung San Suu Kyi, who is now a member of Burma/Myanmar’s parliament. Sec. Clinton appeared engaged, if a little bit blinky, but by the time the President’s remarks were nearing their finale, the reaction shot was somewhat more, shall we say, subdued:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/secretary-of-state-hillary-clinton-deep-in-thought-during-president-obamas-myanmar-speech/

Really, though, who could blame her? I don’t know a single reporter who hasn’t nearly passed out in the East Room in the middle of the day during a presidential speech. It’s drier than sandpaper in a pizza oven, and the President’s delivery can be quite lulling. I can’t imagine what it’s like to sit through one jet-lagged by a half a day.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can you imagine her waking up from a bad dream screaming.."NO NO..don't throw me under the bus again"..

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess Dems aren't aloud to have jetlag.

PeeperSqueak
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can you imagine her waking up from a bad dream screaming.."NO NO..don't throw me under the bus again"..

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

She's heard the same speech over and over....Nothing new to hear...just insert different names/countries in the same spots in the speech.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

%7B4762efdf e5d9 4428 bb4e cd0776fbf7ed%7D Hillary Under Benghazi Bus

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this

That's exactly what I was thinking.    She knows he doesn' t mean one word.  what's there to get excited about?

Quoting rocketracer:

She's heard the same speech over and ove....Nothing new to hear...just insert different names/countries in the same spots in the speech.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

The cartoon didn't show the 4 bumps in the road that Obama talked about.

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

You know what's so sad about this cartoon is that you have to wonder "how" many people "do" do things for him voluntarily with NO thought to the country.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting imamomzilla:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

You know what's so sad about this cartoon is that you have to wonder "how" many people "do" do things for him voluntarily with NO thought to the country.

That is exactly what's fueling my anger towards this man and his getting re-elected.  Everything is a cover up, deceptive and self serving for a political agenda..... rather than the benefit of the American people. 
Can we put this out on a very large billboard on the way too work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)